My fiancée and I stayed at the Flamingo for 5 nights this week, and having seen mixed reviews, we were keen to judge the hotel on our own.
Some of the poor reviews here have me scratching my head.... have these people stayed at the same hotel?
It is a 3 star Spanish town centre hotel, which is 5 minutes from the station (i suggest using the train from the airport, it is quick and cheap at 1 euro 70), and maybe a 20 minute walk to the sea front (or the hotel provides a shuttle bus to the beach should you wish)
The hotel is clean and bright, maybe dated in decoration, but this does not stop the hotel having a clean and welcoming feel. The bedrooms are clean and comfortable and provide exactly what you would expect from a 3 star hotel.
The beds whilst not super soft, are not uncomfortable, and we didn't struggle to sleep at all.
We went half board, and the choice of food at breakfast and dinner was not extensive, but there was always something to eat, and it was warm and pleasant. Beer, wine and soft drinks are available on tap and are free for as much as you want, a wonderful touch in my opinion.
Credit must also go to the staff, all of whom were friendly and extremely helpful, as we had a late flight we were even provided a room where we could shower before we left, even though we had checked out earlier.
Overall, for a 3 star hotel in the centre, you get more than your monies worth here, if we are in Torremolinos again, we would not hesitate to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Roc Flamingo is situated in the commercial nerve centre of Torremolinos, Costa del Sol with unbeatable access to the airport and just 10 minutes to El Bajondillo beach. Pablo Ruiz Picasso airport is 8km away and the centre of Malaga 14.8km. Less than 200m away are the train station, bus stop and taxi rank providing easy connections to the airport and Malaga. The Hotel Roc Flamingo is ideal for both business trips and holidays boasting the comforts of an urban hotel with the added advantage of a location in a tourist area. There are 243 bedrooms (renovated), all of which have bathroom, terrace, heating and air conditioning, telephone, safety deposit box (extra charge), satellite TV and WIFI (charge). In our air conditioned restaurant you can enjoy our fantastic buffet with a full range of national and international dishes. You can choose the board arrangements which best suits your needs from Bed and Breakfast up to All Inclusive. The Roc Flamingo also offers parking, conference room for up to 60 people; adults pool and splash pool; massage tent (in summer); garden areas with sun beds; clay sports court and ping pong; and a varied programme of entertainment and shows outside in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Agoda, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Roc Hotel Flamingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roc Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Flamingo Torremolinos
- Flamingo Hotel Torremolinos
- Roc Hotel Flamingo Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain