Now before I start I will always write a review on any hotel I stay at whether is is good or bad and I dont just go on here to have a moan. I look at these reviews before I book my hols and find them really helpful so I will always be as honest as I can.
I been to Torremolinos 3 times now and this hotel would probably come 3rd. It is in a great location and is really close to the train station so a cheap way to get to the airport and only takes 10 mins approx.
I was only there for 5 nights and went all inclusive, which usually makes good sense but in this case we ate out more than using the restaurant in the hotel. It really was worse than school dinners.
The hotel is clean and the rooms cleaned daily but there is a distinct smell of drains throughout some of the floors and the rooms(we stayed on the 7th floor). The rooms are ok size, the balcony is tiny, the walls are paper thin as I could hear next doors TV very clearly through the wall and the beds are hard as a board!. There is supposed to be AC in the room but this did not work and when you switched it on you would have thought that a diesel engine had just started in the room even though it didnt blow out any cold air and it wasnt just my room but also my friend in the room next door.
If you are looking a young and lively hotel or even just a younger persons hotel then this is not for you (bearing in mind I am almost 40).
The average age of the guests at this hotel was I would say 67-70, this would not put me off booking a hotel by the way it is for the other reasons above.
I would not stay in this hotel again as I would prefer to go back to the hotels I stayed in before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Roc Flamingo is situated in the commercial nerve centre of Torremolinos, Costa del Sol with unbeatable access to the airport and just 10 minutes to El Bajondillo beach. Pablo Ruiz Picasso airport is 8km away and the centre of Malaga 14.8km. Less than 200m away are the train station, bus stop and taxi rank providing easy connections to the airport and Malaga. The Hotel Roc Flamingo is ideal for both business trips and holidays boasting the comforts of an urban hotel with the added advantage of a location in a tourist area. There are 243 bedrooms (renovated), all of which have bathroom, terrace, heating and air conditioning, telephone, safety deposit box (extra charge), satellite TV and WIFI (charge). In our air conditioned restaurant you can enjoy our fantastic buffet with a full range of national and international dishes. You can choose the board arrangements which best suits your needs from Bed and Breakfast up to All Inclusive. The Roc Flamingo also offers parking, conference room for up to 60 people; adults pool and splash pool; massage tent (in summer); garden areas with sun beds; clay sports court and ping pong; and a varied programme of entertainment and shows outside in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Agoda, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Roc Hotel Flamingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roc Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Flamingo Torremolinos
- Flamingo Hotel Torremolinos
- Roc Hotel Flamingo Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain