“Not great If I am honest” 2 of 5 stars

Roc Hotel Flamingo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Isabel Manoja 9, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain   |
Ranked #42 of 73 Hotels in Torremolinos
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Not great If I am honest”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Now before I start I will always write a review on any hotel I stay at whether is is good or bad and I dont just go on here to have a moan. I look at these reviews before I book my hols and find them really helpful so I will always be as honest as I can.

I been to Torremolinos 3 times now and this hotel would probably come 3rd. It is in a great location and is really close to the train station so a cheap way to get to the airport and only takes 10 mins approx.

I was only there for 5 nights and went all inclusive, which usually makes good sense but in this case we ate out more than using the restaurant in the hotel. It really was worse than school dinners.
The hotel is clean and the rooms cleaned daily but there is a distinct smell of drains throughout some of the floors and the rooms(we stayed on the 7th floor). The rooms are ok size, the balcony is tiny, the walls are paper thin as I could hear next doors TV very clearly through the wall and the beds are hard as a board!. There is supposed to be AC in the room but this did not work and when you switched it on you would have thought that a diesel engine had just started in the room even though it didnt blow out any cold air and it wasnt just my room but also my friend in the room next door.

If you are looking a young and lively hotel or even just a younger persons hotel then this is not for you (bearing in mind I am almost 40).
The average age of the guests at this hotel was I would say 67-70, this would not put me off booking a hotel by the way it is for the other reasons above.

I would not stay in this hotel again as I would prefer to go back to the hotels I stayed in before.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
DIRECCION_FLAMINGO, Gerente at Roc Hotel Flamingo, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank yor very much for your kind comments and opinion. I take note about everything to go on improving to get satisfied guests. I would have loved to comment everything with you during your stay, I am sure you would have changed your opinion and improved many of things you comment.

I expect you visit us soon again, please contact me if you wish, before coming.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

3rd time going"! Staff were fantastic. Can't wait to come again! Amazing gay nightlife on the weekends! (but it's great through the week during peak season) If you go out to the main strip about half 12 then you'll be fine, if you go out earlier you'll get bored because it's pretty dead at that time as it's full of just the locals :) enjoy!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

thank you very much to trust on us again. That is the main rason of our job, to get happy guest.

Wishing to receive you soon again,

lancashire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

stayed here for a week rooms clean but had a big ant problem took 4 days to fumigate not happy. staff not very helpful food not good had problem with room took 4 days to sort out not very helpful staff and mostly spanish , the only good staff were the two bar men that were hellpfull go out at night have to bang on door to get back in as door was locked and dont mean very late before 12

Room Tip: wouldnt stay again
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your comments. I am very sorry about the ants, we had an isolated problem last year, but was completly solved on that date. In fact we have no had more comments about.

I hope you give us the chance to receive you again, we wor hard to improve to get satisfied guests,

Best regards,
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Roc Flamingo from 3oth April to the 4th May. Found all the hotel staff to be extremely friendly and helpful, arrived shortly before the evening meal finished and was told to leave the car outside the hotel while we had our evening meal. Parked the hire car in the garage which is very secure and is just across the road for 20 euros for the week. Food was lovely and replenished often, there was always plenty of choice, even for fussy eaters. Our room overlooked the pool and had a great view. Very close to the metro for cheap travel to Malaga etc. Would go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

thank you ver much for your nice and kind comments. I am very happy to know your nice experience with us, that is the best price to our work.

Trunsting on receiving you soon again,

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We arrived in the morning last Sunday. The hotel remembered me and my mum and we were made more than welcome again. We were given a room over looking the pool with a fab view.
The food is amazing: breakfast to dinner. So much choice and delicious. The chef was very busy and replaced food instantly. The weather was perfect. We were advised that the courtesy Roc bus was only working in the summer months. This runs from outside the hotel and has various stops on route to the sea front for free. The bar staff were excellent and drinks were supplied sometimes, before we had finished (we were all inclusive).
My mum and I are hoping to return later in the year or early next year.
A great stay and totally Spanish :)

Room Tip: There are pool facing rooms and rooms that face the local apartments at the back. Air con in the roo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for you comments and opinion. It is a pleasure to receive happy and kind guest every year, thank you to trust on us again.

Best regards from the hole team of Roc Flamingo, and see you soon,
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

stayed here last year on all inclusive basis and had a great time. rooms were basic but ok. pool was good entertainment was great and bar staff were good. food was grand, not Michelin star but had good options. am returning again in june

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for kind comments. I am glad to know you spent a nice time in Roc Flamingo, all the staff work hard to give a kind a good service.

Thank you again, and see you on June, best regards,
Cartagena, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice.It is quite well situated for the tourist on foot.It is a short walk from the railway station and has many nearby bars.It is a short walk from the busy shops and the lift down to the beach.The hotel was always clean and had a good cooked breakfast.Nice pool and sun terrace.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

thank you to trust on for your visits to Torremolinos, us you say, we are situated in the heart o the city, close to shopping area and very well comunicated. From June to September we have a free shuttle from the hotel to beach for our guest.

Next time you visited I recommend you to taste our snack menu at the pool, you will enjoy it.

Thank you again, and hope to receive you soon again.

Best regards from the hole team of Roc Flamingo,

Been to Roc Hotel Flamingo? Share your experiences!