We visited this Hotel in early November, and decided to try "all inclusive". There was a good mix of Nationalities during our stay, Spanish, French and English were the majority.
This was great for us, as the food reflected this mix of people. I was able to try roasted rabbit,sea bass, many types of Paella, cuttlefish, pigs feet,a large range of fabulous regional soups ,for our evening meal.
Breakfasts ranged from traditional bacon,eggs,sausage,beans,etc. Cereals such as Muesli, cheeses and cold cuts of meat.
Lunches consisted of soups,a large range of salad vegetables, cold meats,cooked fish and vegetables.
The menu had a "healthy option" choice which changed every meal.
The Paellas for instance,were consistently good.If you venture into most Spanish Restaurants, Paella is normally only available for 2 people, and is consequently quite expensive, so to have a large range offered over the week was fantastic,especially as it was possible just to try a "taster" to see if it was enjoyable.
The house wine was (as you would expect) average, with a wide range of spirits and beers for those who enjoy them.
Snacks were available when the Restaurant was closed.
We found all the staff,at all points of contact,to be extremely pleasant, friendly and helpful.
All areas are kept clean, including our room,which although clean was just a wee bit "tired".
Only one little niggle,which was the Wi-Fi, for which these is a charge,2 euros/hour of 20 Euros per week. I really think that in these times, this should be free of charge.
Apart from this niggle, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We travelled indepentently,and took the train from Malaga Airport, the station in Torremolinos is only 3 to 4 minutes away, so that was easy-peasy, We used the train to visit Malaga which has an awful lot to offer, and Fuengirola because we enjoy the zoo there, and Arroyo for the cable car up the mountain. A ll of these in walking distance from the relevant station. The train goes straight into the airport.
Overall, we had a fine old time, and thoroughly recommend this Hotel, and look forward to going back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Roc Flamingo is situated in the commercial nerve centre of Torremolinos, Costa del Sol with unbeatable access to the airport and just 10 minutes to El Bajondillo beach. Pablo Ruiz Picasso airport is 8km away and the centre of Malaga 14.8km. Less than 200m away are the train station, bus stop and taxi rank providing easy connections to the airport and Malaga. The Hotel Roc Flamingo is ideal for both business trips and holidays boasting the comforts of an urban hotel with the added advantage of a location in a tourist area. There are 243 bedrooms (renovated), all of which have bathroom, terrace, heating and air conditioning, telephone, safety deposit box (extra charge), satellite TV and WIFI (charge). In our air conditioned restaurant you can enjoy our fantastic buffet with a full range of national and international dishes. You can choose the board arrangements which best suits your needs from Bed and Breakfast up to All Inclusive. The Roc Flamingo also offers parking, conference room for up to 60 people; adults pool and splash pool; massage tent (in summer); garden areas with sun beds; clay sports court and ping pong; and a varied programme of entertainment and shows outside in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, HostelWorld and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Roc Hotel Flamingo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roc Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Flamingo Torremolinos
- Flamingo Hotel Torremolinos
- Roc Hotel Flamingo Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain