“Great value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Just returned from a 10 day all inc. holiday from roc costa park. Was a bit worried after reading the reviews, but can honestly say we had a great holiday, myself, partner, mother and two children aged 2 & 7. The staff were fantastic and could not be more helpful, especially roberto at reception. Kids had a ball joining in with all the activites, extra thanks to Mari, Carolina, sebas, javi and Charlie who work extremely hard. Rooms are pretty basic but cleaned every day so happy with that. I thought the food was good, plenty of selection and never ran out while we were there. If I had to make one negative comment it would only be to say it got too busy for us on the last few days and having to que up for the dining room with the kids wasn't ideal, apart from that a fantastic family holiday and would defo go back. Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: We had two rooms next door to each other in the other building, room was fine dont know how the room...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
Somerset, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed here with a friend on a 4 day break , half board , we arrived very late , it was about 1am , the reception staff were great , friendly and helpful, we were told a meal was waiting for us in the restaurant even tho we were so late , we were even told we could I pack first if we wished , we took our cases to the room which by the way was massive , more later on that,, went to the restaurant to find tables laid with meats, fish, cheeses and salads , with serve yourself red, white wine , sangria , San Miguel or soft drinks . Going back to the room it was huge we had a twin room which was more like a small apartment , it had a sofa bed , table and chairs , drawers and fitted wardrobes with loads of room spare , the bedroom had drawers and twin beds , patio doors which led to a massive balcony , we were overlooking the pool area which had the stage just below us , we were on 2 nd floor , it could be a bit noisy at night but that stopped for the best part at mid night . Plenty of room around the pool area and grassy area for sun loungers , nice pools and separate children's pools with slides etc. Pool closed off completely at 7pm . Food was great , huge choices with something for everyone with on tap red wine , white wine sangria and beer as well as soft drinks which we had access to even tho we were half board , I have never had free drinks with an evening meal on half board basis before , free shuttle bus regularly which runs down to the beach , we walked there on the first day and took about 20 mins or so but it is quite hilly . We found everyone friendly at this hotel , lots of Spanish seem to holiday there too. The entertainment was not great but they tried and at times it was quite funny because it was bad . All in all I would recommend this hotel , clean spacious and friendly, brilliant value for money .

Room Tip: We had a corner room on second floor, 2221 , it was huge and faced the pool area quite a nice view t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my friend from the 20th-27th June and was very impressed from start to finish. Reception staff were very helpful and got us sorted into our room efficiently whilst also giving us the useful information on meal times etc.
I read a lot of bad reviews regarding the food prior to visiting the hotel, I however thought the food was fantastic with plenty of choices each night and the dishes were always been refilled.
We used the large pool a lot throughout the week as it was very nice with a good atmosphere, although it did get very busy at times however if you arrived 10/15mins before it opened you would get a decent subbed without any problem. The entertainment staff were fantastic and had things going on day and evening and would always try and get everyone involved without been too pushy! Some would argue the entertainment is more for children- I can see where they are coming from however I still enjoyed what they did!
Finally the room itself we got was brilliant. Very clean and tidy with a balcony view which was amazing. The room was cleaned everyday too with fresh towels etc.
Overall I would say that this hotel is great value for money, it is a budget hotel at the end of the day and people who are expecting 5* should be more realistic. I would definitely recommended this hotel to other people and would come back in the future!

Wrexham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last week with my partner and two daughters I found the hotel very clean and we had clean towels everyday. Room was very spacious with plenty of cupboard space. Food wasn't very good it was the same everyday only a different meat my daughters lived on chips for a week. Found the drinks side good tho because you could help yourself to soft drink, beers, wine and hot drinks. The worse bit was that it was full of Spanish I'd say about 90% of guests were they was very rude arrogant and loud. They would gather all the tables at night time and wouldn't let you past. The pool was full of Spanish children which were wild my little one wouldn't go near and they would take all the food at snack time. The entertainment was good for children and always plenty to do and see. I wouldn't stay here again

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Me and my friend went to this hotel 20th June 14 for a week, we wasn't ment to be staying at this hotel but we had a problem with our original chosen hotel. We loved every second of it... The food was amazing, they was something for everyone lots of choice.. If people say the food it's horrible then I'm sorry but they just to picky and shouldn't go on all inclusive holidays...
The rooms where very big had a beautiful view... Amazing!
The main pool does get very busy at time but if your there 10 mins before it opens you can get a decent sun bed
The entertainment staff where brilliant at getting people involved , they did something called a family day during the day round the pool, that seemed very fun and had lots of people to join in
Staff lovely and friendly and helpful if needed
We went to the beach on the free bus that was ok, and we got taxi back it only cost 6 euros.
The only one small thing I would say is it's a hotel that's on it's own, the location is surround by hills.
Overall holiday was brilliant. People that given bad reviews on here about this hotel.. Is crazy it's a lovely hotel
We enjoyed every second
It's what you make it :)

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

After being to 2 other 4* hotels along the costa del sol this hotel showed to be very poor in comparison. The location is awful and is a bus ride away from any feature. The meal times are like a zoo and the food is below average along with the cleanliness of the restaurant. The tables were not cleaned and after each sitting a new piece of paper was effortlessly thrown over them. Rooms were clean but very dated. Pool area was over crowded and like a circus. The only good point was the staff as I found them to be helpful. Never ever again would I step foot in this place. If you are considering it please first look at the sol aloha puerto hotel or one of the three Rui's along the beach. Definite worth the extra money.

Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Myself, my husband and (nearly) 7 year old son stayed at this hotel from the 14th june 2014 - 23 June. We paid £570.93 for the 9 nights all inclusive from love holidays.com.

Overall we enjoyed our stay but I wouldn't recommend for non children families.

Ok so firstly unless you get a taxi transfer you WILL be dropped at the bottom of a hill to the hotel. The hill has a reasonable angle to it but we didn't find it too bad but others certainly will.

The hotel is not far from the airport at all and people we met at the hotel got a taxi for 15euros. Or it's 1.72euros on the train but you will then have to get a taxi (7euros).

The hotel is on the outskirts of Torremolinos and I wouldn't in my opinion say the town was walkable. The hotel is at a main road but it is high enough up on the hill that once your in the hotel you wouldn't be aware of this. The hotel offer a free shuttle bus to the beach and to Torremolinos town which we used often.

Pools.

Pools were fab although the lifeguard defo had a bee in his bonnet as was often rather grumpy!
On my first day at the pool I was told he was known as "mini hitler". He did certainly have an isue with No rings, lilos etc allowed in the pool! despite the onsite shop selling them.
The kids pool with the pirate ship was a hit with my child but the pool is only about waist height for kids and he did get bored very very quickly. Also if you lounge by the pirate pool be aware you will get wet, the loungers are really close to the edge of the pool - You would either have to stand in the pool or side step to get passed.

Amenities
The hotel has a little shop for drinks, sweets etc, clothes shop, massage and a gura gura fish shop inside. There is a small childrens park onsite with some swings, chute and climbing frame - issue with that is there is no lighting at night and it is in the middle of a tree crowded area so not suitable at night.

Food!
At first we thought the food was good... the food was nice however extremely repetitive. The only changes were usually the meats. Some days rabbit some days pork etc. My son lived on pasta and tomato sauce all week! Saying that there isn't any actual tomato sauce available but plenty HP brown. The meal times were favourable in that breakfast was on till 10.30am and dinner till 9.30pm sometimes 10.00pm.
Ice cream is available throughout the day from the bottom ar but you have to ask for it and depending who you get they can be quite grumpy. My son was handed any flavour that was closest to hand so eventually stopped asking (he only likes vanilla.)
Drinks
We didn't have any alcoholic drinks but I ould see they were using brands such as glenns and bacardi etc. There was a slush puppy machine which my son was over the moon about HOWEVER.... These appear to be included in all inclusive in the evening from the top bar but costs 1.50euros through the day or if you go to the snack bar down stairs. This was a bit of an issue as my son only liked the blue one which was only available down at the bar expecting you to pay.

Entertainment
The entertainment guys sure did try hard!
Always trying to engage you through the day in water polo, dart etc but not pushy if you declined to take part. In the evening there was a mini disco however it didn't start till 9pm and then finished at 10. There were a few quizes through the week, a reptile show, flamenco dancing, and a film night whilst we were there. I will however note that we were really unhappy that the film played was no way near child friendly! Straight after the mini disco when the film was played without prior notification most parents abruptly removed their children myself included. (Can't remember the film but the 1st 5 mins contained an awful lot of violence and swearing.)

Kids club
My son went to the kids club once and loved it however I didn't let him go back due to him not being returned to me. When I went looking for him at the club the club was finished and I found him at the pool - luckily he was sensible enough to go the pirate pool as he had no armbands on.

Room
We stayed in room 605. The room over looked the pool and straight on to the stage. Room was spacious although I believe it to be a junior suite? (I just asked for this in the request bit when booking yet seen advertisements to upgrade to this room from 15euros a night around the hotel.) 3 single beds loads of space with wardrobe, cupboards etc.

The Spanish
OK this was prob the worst bit about the hotel. From Sun-Thur the place is mobbed and I mean mobbed with spanish. It is horrible at dinner time! My suggestions are as follows.... Go late for breakfast and lunch and early for dinner.

Room Tip: We had room 605 which overlooked the pool and viewed the stage
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Roc Costa Park? Share your experiences!