“A cheap and pleasant alternative” 4 of 5 stars

You added Pension Castilla to your Saves list
Pension Castilla
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   C/ Manila, 3, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain   |
Frederiksberg
“A cheap and pleasant alternative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Stayed in the pension for 5 days. Of course you can not expect luxury for the good price. But everything worked fine, was clean and the atmosphere was pleasant.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fife.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times, it's cheap and 15/20 minute walk to the beach, la nogalera and shops, etc.

You are mean't to leave the key ina box at the desk when you go out however I kept mine as I didn't feel secure about leaving the key where anyone could pick it up.

There is some free internet you can use on the laptop at reception, vending machines and a residents lounge with a microwave to use, breakfast is pretty basic ie a small muffin/toast, tea/coffee.

My room was basic sink, fan,tv, bed,table,cupboard, window, it was all I needed as I was at Torre for beach and clubs to be honest so a soft bed and a secure room was all I needed.

I went in Mid July and the room was nice and warm at night with the window open however I love the heat so that was fine for me and I never needed the fan, there is no security box so be careful as you would anywhere else.

Don't exspect much as it's not the Hilton and is basic but clean the cleaners changed my bedding every Second day or on request if you can them on your floor.

Hot showers day and night......

Remember you pay for what you get on this is the lower end of the market but clean, secure, and near ammenities.

Room Tip: Don't laugh but I had room 101 which was fine for me.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Hereford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed here in September with my partner and we were very pleased!! 24 hour reception which was fab as we didn't arrive until nearly midnight. Very friendly staff! You get access to a computer with free internet and free calls to UK numbers which was a definite bonus. Breakfast included, fairly simple but wouldn't expect any more for the price. The room was spacious, quite hot but it did come with a fan which helped sleeping easier. Shared bathroom, again simple but more than adequate. Would definitely recommend this accommodation!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011 via mobile

Pension Castilla overall was pretty average. Me and a friend stayed for 7 nights and the staff were always friendly and helpful.

The room - basic but comfortable, the beds were reasonable however would not recommend coming to say here in August. The temperature in the room at 2am was mid to late 30s. No air conditioning in any part of the hotel.

The lounge/pool room - advertised on the website as having a football table, pool table and television. There are around 8 seats, a television that doesn't work and no pool or football table! Extremely disappointed.

Bathrooms - dred went through me when I saw they were shared but there was always a bathroom available. The showers were reasonable however one was broken for the whole stay. The other bathroom always seemed flooded due to the shower door always being left open and flooding the floor.

Cleanliness - the hotel was very clean. There was a cleaner who cleaned the hallways and bathrooms daily but the beds in the room were made twice at most and the bin was only emptied twice.

Overall a good stay but think the hotel needs to invest in air conditioning.

• Stayed August 2011
Dumfries, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Accommodation, (twin room). Staff were so friendly, and helpful, and would do anything for us. Breakfast was always so fresh, and clean. It was so so hot, we asked if we could have a fan in our room, and within 5 minutes we had a large fan in our room, of which we needed in the night, phew. Pleasant, clean, affordable, and wonderful situation of the hostel. This was my first time in a hostel, and now, instead of hotels, I will be looking for hostels instead. I am a mature woman, and there was little noise, and also a great bar/cafe next door. Easy reach for fresh meat, bread, veg all within a couple of minutes walk. Great location, can't wait to return. (Scottish mother and son holiday.)

Room Tip: I had a twin room, front view. Perfect location and very spanish area.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Ipswich, Suffolk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

I knew by the price that the standards would not be high. So i'll get to point. The matress was filthy and stained. The sheets where changed three times a week, the time being Thursday. So Fri, Sat and Sun, same sheets in a hot country! None of the sinks had plugs. The tap in the bedroom was cold water only. In the shower room, the shower door didn't close properly so you got out of the shower into a pool of water. To be fair they did leave o mop and bucket so it could be mopped up. The cooking facilities where very basic. double electric hob and microwave. The tele in the bedroom was interesting. After turning it on you had to tap it on the right to get a picture. All but one of the staff where helpfall. The one that wasn't was from Israel. I say that because i cannot remember his name. He spoke about other guests in a derogatory way and was at times very disrespectfull . The owner of the place was very helpfull when he was there and very respecful. All in all i was glad to get home

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

This hostal offers cheap rooms. But I must say its directly above a disco with loud music.

Also my room was not cleaned during my stay, the bed was not made, and I had no towel to wash the second day.

The 2nd day also my name didnt appear on the list for room although I paid 2 nights on arrival.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Been to Pension Castilla? Share your experiences!