First impressions were very favourable. We were greeted with a glass of orange after walking through a pleasant and picturesque entrance. The receptionist was probably the nicest and most helpful person I have ever met in all my trips to Spain. After that the rooms were a bit of a let down as they were clean and functioning but in need of updating. At least the safe was free. Just a 20€ refundable deposit. My safe did not lock but the handyman was there in 2mins to fix it . And the maid practically beat me to the door when I requested an extra pillow. The meals were lovely. Plenty of choice and really we'll cooked. We were given a choice of sittings and a table allocated for the duration of our stay. All the staff no matter where they served were excellent and so pleasant - unusual for Spain these days. The daytime entertainment was the usual for an a/I hotel but at least they weren't pushy about you joining in . The evening entertainment was also just about acceptable but most of the time we sat outside the pool bar an made our own entertainment. Although because of the number of Germans in the hotel we got a few disproving looks when we got noisy. The Dutch were much more tolerant and smiled with us. The pool and area was excellent. Plenty of room to sunbathe or swim. The one slight irritation was a covered in area leading to the pool which seemed exclusive to the smokers and it was like walking through a smoke tunnel at times.All in it was a fantastic holiday and we would definitely go back to this hotel. Even though it was a little way out of town . Just an extended stroll really.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos * Three 3, 5 & 9-storey buildings * Opposite Torremolinos beach, 50 m away * 2 km from various shops * 5 km from the airport * 10 km from Malaga * 50 m from a bus stop * 1.5 Km from the train station * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Hotel Riu Belplaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Belplaya Torremolinos
- Hotel Riu Belplaya Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain