I have just returned from this hotel, and firstly I would like to point out that it is NOT in torremolinos, it is on the outskirts in a quiet area called playa mar. The hotel is lovely, spotlessly clean too, entertainment was poor, food poor....... same same same , same breakfast ,lunch and dinner you didn't have to look , rooms are very big , but bathrooms are tiny ,loads of storage space , safe was 20 euros for the key, but it was returned to you when you check out. The entertainment during the day was aqua aerobics,mini golf ????? French boules, and .......the bingo, you were given 1 ticket and the numbers were called in 5 languages........zzzzzz , it was help yourself to beer,soft drinks, tea, coffee and wine , only problem I had was you only get a very small plastic cup for the beer, so 2 mouthfuls and you were empty !!!! surely they could give you a pint size disposable plastic cup.....(.just a thought), it does get a bit monotonous back and fore to the bar or self serve pump ! the staff were friendly enough. The clientele are mainly german,french, dutch the brits are the minority , I didn't have a problem with that except they aint very good at queueing, hence you were often stood, when they would walk straight past you to the front and get served, no problem with the sunbeds, I reckon the brits are worse for reserving them !!!, The beach across the road has dark sand but fabulous sunbeds with thick mattresses, 2 for 6 euros with a parasol thrown in, good bar with live music just down the road called kennedys with live music,. beer was good too, would I return no , not enough going on in and around the hotel, it just lacked something I cant put my finger on.We never saw our first choice holiday rep once, we didn't even have an invite to a welcome meeting, if they had 1, didn't need them ,so just as well .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos * Three 3, 5 & 9-storey buildings * Opposite Torremolinos beach, 50 m away * 2 km from various shops * 5 km from the airport * 10 km from Malaga * 50 m from a bus stop * 1.5 Km from the train station * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Expedia and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Hotel Riu Belplaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Belplaya Torremolinos
- Hotel Riu Belplaya Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain