We stayed at this hotel over the Christmas period although went home before New Year so missed the celebrations.
The hotel is much nicer inside than it looks on photographs. The reception area is large and welcoming and the room we stayed in (115) was large. The only disappointment with the room was the size of the bathroom ! Compared to the bedroom is was tiny !! We did find it hard to get the right temperature in the shower - one minute boiling hot and then freezing cold. Other than that the room was fine! Bed comfortable - extra blankets in wardrobe and pillows on request. Plenty of storage and quite a large fridge compared to some hotels. Shame there was no kettle but we knew this and took our own so that was fine.
The hotel, grounds and everywhere are kept very clean. It was all lovely. It was great to have the drink stations so you could help yourself to tea, coffee, juices, water, lager. It was such a shame that the drinks station by the pool was not is use as we found it a pain carrying hot cups of coffee down two sets of stairs ! Presumably this station was closed as the hotel was not full (?)
The entertainment was ok - the entertainment chap worked very hard. Shame it didnt start until very late - 9.30 pm I think or it could have been later? Not enough seats in the entertainment lounge but you could sit in the main reception area which was still pleasant. Again a drinks station in the entertainment room where you could also help yourself to wine which saved you waiting at the bar.
The food was good - plenty of choices. Our only dislike was having to choose to eat at either 6 pm or 8 pm. We found 6 pm too early and 8 pm too late. The Gala Christmas Dinner was very nice.
It is for this reason alone we would probably not return to the hotel.
All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, even down to the maids.
The hotel seems to cater slightly more for the Dutch and German in our opinion and on the last couple of days before our return home, there was probably a 85/15 split (English being 15%).
You could purchase wifi at a pretty reasonable rate but beware you can only use it in the reception area. If you want to make a personal call using Skype for example this would be very difficult.
Overall, as long as you dont mind what time you eat on the evening, I would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos * Three 3, 5 & 9-storey buildings * Opposite Torremolinos beach, 50 m away * 2 km from various shops * 5 km from the airport * 10 km from Malaga * 50 m from a bus stop * 1.5 Km from the train station * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Belplaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Belplaya Torremolinos
- Hotel Riu Belplaya Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain