“Geo k” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Puente Real

Save Saved
You added Hotel Puente Real to your Saves list
Hotel Puente Real
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo Maritimo 79 | Playa del Lido s/n, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain   |
Ranked #35 of 74 hotels in Torremolinos
kirkconnel
“Geo k”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Just back from a 7 day all inclusive holiday and I really can't fault this hotel in any way .The staff were very helpful as when we landed at the hotel I had lifted the wrong bag from the bus and when I went to reception they could not do enough for me and I got my bag back within the hour..The food was run of the mill all inclusive but anything we got we ate the drinks were on tap so we just helped yourself to what we wanted,at night the bar staff were all pleasant and you didn't have to wait long on your drink.Our room was cleaned every day and we got extra pillows without asking as I had put blanket under my pillow on the first night.The view we had was really nice as we looked down onto the beach,the only fault I have is the hotel was quiet far out of the centre of town but that's not the fault of the hotel and there was a bus stop right outside the hotel and it was never any more that 1 euro 50 not matter where you wanted to go that included Belamadena. So I would go back here and would recommend it to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Just ask for what ever you want as they will do anything to keep you happy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
community_hpr, Community Manager at Hotel Puente Real, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thanks for sharing with the community of Tripadvisor your experience in Hotel Puente Real. We're glad you've taken a good picture of our hotel. Our staff work very hard to provide the best possible service. We hope to see you with us again. We invite you to follow us on our Facebook page.

Kind regards

1,109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Polish first
Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed at the Puente Real with fieinds 17-27th June. All inclusive. First impressions were good quick check in. We booked a superior room 2416 which was a good size but the bathroom was a bit worse for wear, the enamel was peeling off the inside of the bath and rusty on the outside. The towels were small and past their sell by date, very thin and we could not get dried properly. We had trouble locking our door, phoned reception the lady who answered said that someone would was on their way, 15 mins later no one had arrived, so phoned again, the same lady once again said someone was on their way. Half an hour later no one came. I fixed the problem myself by putting the card in and out a few times. The pools were ok but there was not enough umbrellas and if you wanted one you had to get up at 6 am There was a sign saying the pool did not open while 10 am but if you wait until 10 you will not get a sunbed and that you could not leave towels on beds unattended for over an hour, or they would be taken off to let someone else use them, never saw this done before we went on the beach for most of the holiday because without cover we would have burnt. Food was not as bad as some people posted although I saw adults getting food from the children section because they did not like what was on offer. . BUT it was repetitive. You get two small bottles of water in the fridge when you arrive but they are not replenished, you have to fill them in the restaurant or the pool bar, No beach towels take your own, first time I have had to do this when all inclusive. Table and chairs inside the hotel bar are cheap plastic very shabby. Only two people serving at both bars so expect queues

although at the pool bar you can get your own beer and soft drinks. But remember this is just my opinion.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Customer,

Thanks for sharing your experience at Hotel Puente Real. Your feedback is very important to us. We remind you that the vast majority of the hotels in Costa in Spain do not provide towels for the beach or pool. We will take note of all your comments and will transfer you to the appropriate departments.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We are just home from a week all inclusive with 2 children age2and10, I personally was a bit warey of this hotel after reading some reviews but I am glad I was wrong because this hotel was great for us and the kids, we paid extra for superior room and I was mega impressed , views were breath taking, snack bar at pool was fab we didn't use lunch in dining room as we were happy to sit at pool with lunch, bar staff and cleaning staff are outstanding at ther jobs , they don't stop. Entertainment was ok maybe that was the only fault if any but kids enjoyed the kids disco.All staff was pleasant and happy to help, I would recommend this hotel to family's , location great , beach gorgeous. Will be going back.

Room Tip: Family superior rooms look directly onto beach
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Andrea,

We are delighted that despite some comments have chosen Hotel Puente Real and we are pleased to have exceeded your expectations. Our team is our greatest asset and work very hard to make our customers enjoy a great vacation. We hope to see you again with us and invite you to follow us in our Social Media Profiles.

manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just returned from a 10 night stay at the Puente Real Hotel, when we arrived we were given our room cards and we had a lovely room on the 6th floor it was so big and very clean, we asked for extra pillows and they were brought to our rooms whilst we were unpacking. We had a great view of the sea and the pool. All the staff were very helpfull with arranging things from an iron to ordering taxis and giving directions to places we wanted to visit. They staff in the dinning hall were amazing, you were greated as soon as you walked in by Eduardo such a lovely man always asked how your holiday was going and even when he was busy he always found time for a little chat. All the others waiters were very nice and cleared the tables very quickly. We did find the food a little boring most of the time there was chips, pizza, turkey and pork but it was all fresh and some of it cooked out in the dinning hall. We choice to eat out a few times just to break it up. There was also a bbq bar out by the pool so you could get something to eat there during none meal times, and the pool bar did pizzas during the evening. We got taxis to most places but there is a bus stop right outside the hotel the L2 goes into the town for 1.22 and the 123 takes you up near the marina. It's a 5 minute walk to the train station and it was something like 3.70 to go to Malaga town. The beach was across the road that was great because sometimes you couldn't get around the pool, it was a little annoying when you came down in the morning to go to the pool, there would be nobody there but all of the sun beds would have towels on them. The entertainment in the hotel was really good, with lots of shows and they even had a disco. The hotel was nice and quiet for the first part of the holiday but towards the end it got very loud at night with people banging around at all hours during the night.Because we were a family we has two rooms next to each other at the end of the hall so when we were in our rooms we kept the doors on the catch with us going in out out of the two rooms, on one of the days we were on the balcony and the door swung open two minutes later two girls walked in they ran out when they noticed we were on the balcony my mum ran out after them and there was another girl keeping watch outside of our room so make sure you keep your doors shut. Other than that it was a good holiday and a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Customer,

We appreciate your many positive comments about Hotel Puente Real. I am pleased that we exceeded your expectations. We hope to have you with us very soon. We invite you to follow us on our Facebook page.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just back from the Puente Real in Torremolinos. This was our first try at all incusive and I must say I was very impressed. The hotel was very good and recently refurbished. It is billed as a 4 star. However, I've been in other Spanish hotels which were just as good but only rated as 3 star. We had a superior room on the 7th floor and had a great view of the sea. The lifts are a bit narrow and my wife had difficulty getting in and out but we managed. The hotel was very clean with plenty of workers to keep up appearances. The food was all buffet style and provided a reasonable slection of hot and cold. There seemed to be some difficulties getting loungers by the pool although this did not affect us.The pool bar was open from 10 am until 11 pm with self service for soft drinks, tea coffe, fresh juice, wine, sangria, ice cream and ice lollies. Next to the bar was a place to get freshly cooked food which was open when the main restaurant was closed. The selection was admirable and well cooked.
The hotel is on the main promenade so is literally 30 yards from the beach. I was slightly disappointed by the taxi fare from Malaga airport (20 Euros) considering it is only 3.5 miles. However nothing the hotel can do about that so perhaps an unfair criticism.

Room Tip: A superior room offers a sea view and other benefits such as late check out.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have just landed back from a 5 night, all inclusive stay at this hotel with my partner and friends. After reading the initial reviews, I was a little apprehensive - however I am struggling to find fault! The hotel was clean and presentable and all the staff were extremely polite and friendly. The rooms were basic but well maintained and the cleaners came every day to clean the room/change the linen/towels etc. The location is excellent, situated right on the beach and only a 10 minute taxi journey from Malaga airport (17 euros in a taxi, or 1.60 on the train). It is a little distance from the town, I'd say 30 minutes walk. We walked into town a few times of an evening when it was a little cooler, but I'd recommend jumping in a taxi if you wanted to head into the town during the day. The all inclusive was excellent. There was enough variety on different days and catered to experimental and fussy eaters alike! There was also a constant supply of beers, soft drinks and ice cream which was a bonus! All in all, the four of us had a fantastic time and would go again without a moments hesitation. Also, the chef at the pool side snack bar is quality!! Very friendly chap and the food is cooked fresh to order.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 4 nights.. This is less than 10 minutes from the airport. I was worried after reading all negative comments but this hotel is very clean, food was nice entertainment was good.. I stayed in a room which had a pool side view and the room is cleaned each day. Across the hotel less than 2 minute walk is the beach with water sports which i was after ranging from parasailing jet skiing to banana boats.. Amazing! The reception staff were helpful they insured food was available even when we arrived at midnight.. Also breakfast was available at 4 am as we had an early return flight. We even got packed lunch to take away to the airport as we had an early flight... I recommend this hotel as it was clean, helpful staff good entertainment and lots of shops restaurants close by.... Its located in a good place where lots if families come. 9.5/10

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Hotel Puente Real? Share your experiences!