Upon arrival the front of the hotel looked very impressive and the security guard was really pleasant and was playing with my 2 year old. We should of been in the hotel but was given a room in the self catering part which was pretty bad considering the difference in decor. Also the place is pretty big and we were just given a map to find our room which took a while.nothing was explained properly and the reception staff wasn't very helpful on numerous occasions throughout my hols.
The food was really poor,everything (even the bread)tasted like salt, as a vegetarian I found myself eating dry pasta most nights and have stayed at 2 stars with more choice. Knives,forks and plates not clean,and dishes marked as vegetarian but on inspection were clearly not.
Nothing from the snack bar was vegetarian as everything was thrown on the same grill, but my son ate mostly from here and I found the man running it a real asset to the hotel and he needs a pay rise,anything he's earning is not enough, nothing was too much trouble and no matter how busy he was he never stressed,2 people covered his day off and the wait was double.also a very friendly lady worked on the bar,she was always playing with the kids.freezer full of ice pops and slush kept my son happy.personally wasn't impressed with the beer quality.
Everyone were rude for some reason in this hotel and as much as it pains me to say this the English guests were far worse than anywhere else,with the exception of the short fat grey German who wanted to fight with anyone from England,launguage was terrible considering most families had kids.
The entertainment was poor and hard to understand,the girls who ran kids club were very uninterested,they did what they had to do but didn't go out of their way,seemed more interested on getting drunk with young guests. I did shooting once and was so bored where the last hotel made it fun the man was that funny, the entertainment team in puente real lacked personality and spunk with the exception of the Spanish dj who was really pretty funny.
Showers were terrible too. All in all, I'd not rate this a 4 star and was bored would not come back. Oh also the god dam birds, there was bird poo everywhere yak!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Puente Real is ideally located on the beach front in Torremolinos , it offers you the posibility to take a rest and enjoy the fabulous climate of the "sunny coast" as well as the Andalousian customs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Puente Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puente Real Hotel Torremolinos
- Puente Real Torremolinos
- Hotel Puente Real Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain