.The Puente Real is an ex "Pontinental" hotel and has plenty of modern reception area's.
The hotel itself had only a couple of drawback for me - its on the outskirts and its quite a walk into Torremolinos. The rooms were very spacious except the ones oppsite the side lifts, rooms ending in the number 2 (eg 8802/8702/8602 etc etc) those rooms were cramped.
You only get the sun on a quarter of the pool area, so of course everyone cramms there. The food was varied and plentiful, but oh boy...the mashed potato was swimming in oil. urghh!
The reception staff were great...friendly and helpful and spoke good English. On the whole, most of the staff were good although when I asked if we could push two tables together at dinner (we were with friends) this was refused....but the next night Spanish guests were allowed this option, hmmmm!
The chamber maids were really good, when they saw that I had placed a folded blanket as an extra pillow, they immediately substituted the blanket for a pillow when servicing the room. There were clean towels every day (if the dirty ones were placed in the bath) and the room was always cleaned to a high standard.
There was over a 100 "Rock and Roll" people at the hotel who certainly knew how to party, but I can honestly say they were great. I was so impressed that I took a leaflet for next year. There were live British bands on every night for a week and different DJ's. It brought back some memories I can tell you!!
We were fully inclusive so we didnt spend a great deal whilst we were there. Its definately good value for money if your prepared to spend time in the hotel and not frequent the local bars etc. Yes, a very enjoyable holiday on the whole
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Puente Real is ideally located on the beach front in Torremolinos , it offers you the posibility to take a rest and enjoy the fabulous climate of the "sunny coast" as well as the Andalousian customs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Puente Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puente Real Hotel Torremolinos
- Puente Real Torremolinos
- Hotel Puente Real Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain