“Music entertainment Holiday” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Puente Real

Save Saved
You added Hotel Puente Real to your Saves list
Hotel Puente Real
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo Maritimo 79 | Playa del Lido s/n, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain   |
Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Torremolinos
Foulridge, United Kingdom
“Music entertainment Holiday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I am not a brit spain resort person, but this holiday was a music entertainment week. I managed to transfer my room to a sea view and both the room I had before overlooking the pool and my later room were very comfortable , I had no complaints with my room.. The main drawback for me was flies around the swimming pool, and I think the pool is badly positioned as some of the loungers did not get the sun until around 1pm due to the height of the Hotel hiding the sun around 11am in October. also as nearly all the hotel is all inclusive with one restuarant serving 400 rooms it can get chaotic, it reminded me of school dinner times, I cannot do with the mayhem and noise that so many people eating at one sitting in 1 large room can create. Whilst I may do the music week again, I wouldnt visit the hotel out of choice I prefer a resort with a more spanish appeal and a smaller hotel . for the reader of this review, also note the other good points about the hotel were, I found the reception staff helpful, the all inclusive drinks were free as part of my group until 12.30am which Ive never experienced before also the pool restaurant served up Chips, Chicken, Cheese and ham toasties , bacon and egg sandwiches outside of the main restuarant hours to save you eating in that manic restaurant. there were free ice creams and free drinks available from the Poolside cafeteria . The hotel is not on the beach as I was led to believe and you have to pay for sun beds on the beach which are 4 euros per day also another good thing was the hotel allowed me to have a courteousy room to shower in before I went home a big plus for me.

Room Tip: the sea room I had did not have sun on the balcony after 11am but on the other side you would get th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
community_hpr, Community Manager at Hotel Puente Real, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Hi Bill,

Thank you for your trust in Hotel Puente Real and for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. Our rooms have been completely renovated, we are glad you are satisfied with the result. As for the flies, we can not do anything about it. The pool is located in the sunniest area of our site, so now is lower and there are fewer hours of sunlight in summer. Thanks for a very positive valuing our staff. They work very hard to provide the best service during your holiday. As for your comments about the beach on Spain's beaches are public so we can not have hammocks, and many clients come to very favorable agreements in this regard with local businesses. We hope to see you again at Hotel Puente Real.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Polish first
Alcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Just returned after a long weekend at Hotel Puente Real, 19 Oct-22 Oct.
First thought was 'there isn't a lot around here' and true as it is on the outskirts of the town BUT it is by the beach which should be a plus point for beach lovers. I'm not one but there seemed to be good facilities for sun beds all along the sandy beach 25 yards from the hotel.

Third floor room looking away from town towards the airport. No sun at this time of the year. Airport not really a noise problem at all. Room was clean and tidy, complementary wine and water in the fridge and the usual basket of goodies in the bathroom. Room was a reasonable size and had a nice balcony. One thing I noticed as soon as I got up to the room... the concrete corridor, walls and floor, meant that outside the room was so loud and everything echoed around. Not too bad but if early to bed and a light sleeper you may even hear the foot steps of others passing your room.

Room serviced each day and towels changed if required... they were quite worn and thin so room for improvement here.

All Inclusive or NOT!
We stopped on a half-board basis. The hotel restaurant was pretty much the same as most others catering for 3-400 people in 2 hours. Manic, busy, not over clean, cold (hot) food. You may struggle to find a plate etc without chips in them. Not impressed to be honest but then I do critic food a lot. Some of the cold buffets were good and where I went. Just get ready to queue for everything. Ate out locally and much better so next time (if there is one) I would definitely go B&B and eat out (but I know, with cost, some like all inclusive due to budget).

Hotel Bar was more expensive than local bars and shut at midnight even for residents!!!! Prices won't worry the all inclusive people of course.

Claims it is a 4 star hotel but I would have to say 3 star is it due to the food, towels, room noise, bar prices and opening etc.

Other information
A short walk (turn right at hotel entrance) and you have some small shops and more restaurants, a Tabac and cash points. Quite a bit further on you get to the town and climb up or take the lift, yes elevator, to the top of town, a lot of steps so only attempt if fit...

The town is nice with plenty of shops and bars etc. Prices vary but on balance reasonable. Don't forget that the Spanish economy, at this time, is struggling like others and prices have shot up in Spain the last year or so. Still comparable with the UK though.

Do try the Tapas, great value and very nice.

Room Tip: Better to try for a 'town view' room, all rooms are already sea view.
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We ended up here by default as our original hotel was overbooked and they transferred us here

We had booked a variety of different rooms. twins and doubles. there was a mix up and one twin booking was given a double. the person on check in told us to come back when the shift had changed as they would be able to sort it out. so we got changed in the loo and went to the beach. on return the shift had changed and the guy on reception knew nothing about our room. he was not the most helpful person and insisted we should share a bed. given we were male and female friends this was never going to happen. he then went about checking in other guests and ignoring us until eventually i asked for a manager. she then took some persuading that the booking was wrong and that they didnt have another room. she blamed the original hotel for not specifying what type of rooms were needed. hard to tell who was at fault. eventually the manager offered us a one bedroom apartment and offered to let us view it before we made up our minds. she also offered a porter to transport our luggage. this apartment turned out fine although it was a distance away from the hotel and the rest of our friends. they did offer to try to find us a room the next day but given that we were only there for 3 nights we didnt want to bother changing rooms.

the pool area was in good condition and there was a large communal area near the bar and snack bar. this proved to be a popular area. the poolside snack bar served a very small selection of hot snacks.

The food was not the best in the world and thankfully we had the choice to eat at the hotel next door which was far superior in quality and choice.

a number of our party were ill and this was before we ate next door so we assume it came from the breakfast.

we were there in October and the pool was shaded from the sun for the majority of the day.

it is practically on the beach which is a bonus and there is a bus stop right outside. 10 minutes from airport.

the evening indoor bar area comprised of plastic tables and chairs which was not very inviting.

overall I dont know that we would stay here again given the superior accomodation nearby for similar prices

charge for A/C and wifi

Dear customer,

Unfortunately incidents during your trip to Torremolinos. We hope that your stay with us was satisfactory. The original Hotel you mention you derive at Hotel Puente Real but we passed the correct information about the distribution of your room, yet did everything possible to give you the best service during your visit to Torremolinos. We hope to see you soon at our facilities.

Kind Regards,
notinghamshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed AI for one week 12th-19th October.Slightly mixed feelings about this hotel. We booked a superior room and were given a very nice room on level 9 of the main building. The room itself was lovely, very spacious and clean with a flat screen TV, fridge and large private balcony. A bottle of wine, bottled water in the fridge and lots of complementary toiletries were provided and made us feel very welcome. The room was cleaned well and fresh towels provided every day (although some of the towels were very thin and in need of replacing) .The view was spectacular, overlooking the beach, but unfortunately we got no sun at all on the balcony throughout the day. (Rooms looking towards the town get the sun).
We prefer the beach to the pool for sunbathing and always found lots of sunbeds available on the beach across the road (7 euros all day for 2 beds, shade and lovely thick comfortable mattresses ) Buses stop frequently right outside the hotel entrance and fares are very cheap to Torremolinos centre, Benalmadena and Fuengirola.
The food was quite nice, nothing exciting but the usual all inclusive fayre,with a choice of meat,(usually pork) fish or vegetarian dishes. Salads were always plentiful and lovely and fresh, as was the bread and there was self service beer, wine and soft drinks available . Some days we fancied a change and ate out and I would recomend The Shamrock Irish bar for some good British pub Grub and a warm welcome! Breakfast food was good but the restaurant was a bit chaotic with long queues for coffee machines, toasters etc and the waiters seemed to struggle to keep up with clearing tables.We only went down twice for breakfast for this reason. the rest of the time we used the pool snack bar where the toasties are delicious, or we ate out.
We were impresssed by the cleanliness of the complex in all areas, except for the outside seating area at the pool bar. This area seemed to be plagued by flies, not helped I'm sure by the lack of cleanliness here. Tables were rarely wiped and on several occasions we witnessed spilled food and drinks not cleaned up, just left for hours and of course this attracts more flies. For this reason it was not a pleasant area to sit and enjoy a drink or food from the snack bar and it's such a shame as it could easily be rectified with a little more effort. I have to admit that it would also help if people would use the bins for their leftover food and plastic cups and plates.
One more little niggle, a few tables and chairs outside the main bar would have been appreciated , the only option if you wanted to sit outside at night was to use the pool bar and therefore have drinks in plastic glasses. As it was I spent a large part of my evenings sat on the wall outside!
But, minor gripes aside, it is a nice hotel and we had a lovely holiday, met some great people and enjoyed some well needed rest and relaxation.

Room Tip: Book a superior room in the main building. Rooms looking toward the town get the sun
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear customer,

Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Puente Real Holidays. Despite the minor problems you described are happy to know that you had a good time with us. We are pleased that the buffet food has been to your liking :) We offer many options so you can always find something delicious to eat. We will take note of your suggestions in order to provide the best standard to our customers.

Best Regards,
north east
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have just returned from the Puente Real following a 5 night stay as a party of 2 adults & 2 children. The whole hotel was lovely and clean and our apartment had maid service for the full 5 days with clean towels which is what we like. The hotel is on the outskirts so is a fair walk to the centre but we didn't mind this.

We booked a 1 bedroom apartment on an all inclusive basis. We had requested a pool view and and low floor but not ground and this was exactly what we got so we were very pleased. The apartment was small but as we dont spend our holiday inside our apartment and only use it for showering & sleeping in or for a drink on the balcony once we return to the room at night and the children are in bed so it was perfectly fine for us.

We always tend to book all inclusive when we go away as we use it for the drinks, snacks and ice creams for the children during the day, this aspect of all inclusive at the Puente Real I can't fault. There was a good selection of snacks to choose from inc toasties, burger, hot dogs, sandwiches, chips and chicken kebabs (the kebabs were lovely) and the ice cream selection was one of the best I have come across there were lollys, tubs, cornettos, ice cream sandwiches - so the children were delighted ! The only problem was the snack bar closed between 1-3 while the resturant was serving lunch and this was the ideal time we wanted a snack but didnt want to have to go inside for a meal. A big thank you to Juan who was always so pleasant and helpful especially when there were rude people barking orders at Him without even a please or thank you.

We only tried breakfast one day and the resturant was so full we didnt bother. The let down of the all inclusive were the evening meals in the resturant, they were not at all acceptable for 4* not even 3*, the hot meals were very repetative and the selection was poor and they wern't very warm (the salad and cheese selection was ok) we feel that this is what lets the hotel down. We frequently eat out on an evening when on holiday but like the option of staying in if we want to however here eating out was the better option.

The entertainment was the kind of holiday entertainment you expect, however my children were disappointed that there wasn't anything for them. I did speak with a member of the entertainment team and She explained this was because of the lack of children on holiday when were were they, not really acceptable but there was nothing we could do about it and they still made friends and made there own entertainment both day and night.

The all inclusive finished at 11.00pm and we found this to be silghtly early, if it had ran to 11.30pm this would have been ideal.

I feel this is an accurate and fair account of our stay at the Puente Real. The hotel has a lot of potential, our stay was towards the end of October and I understand the hotel closes for the season at the end of October, I feel we may have caught it in a wind down time and unfortunatly for the hotel this is to its disadvantage.

Overall I would recommend the hotel to family and friends, I would consider it for a holiday during the Summer period as I would hope the entertainment and food chioce would be much better when the season is in full swing and not towards the end.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear customer,

We appreciate your review of Hotel Puente Real. We will take note of all your comments in order to provide the best experience to our visitors. We recommend our all inclusive for its excellent value for money, we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us despite the minor inconveniences. We hope to see you soon at our facilities.

Kind Regards,
Stafford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Booked a double room and got twin and struggled to find a seat at all evening meals. To summarise, the holiday for our group of 5 was affected by a lack of facilities, poor food and entertainment and unhelpful staff. In general the hotel is well cleaned and mainained but everything else is designed to make money e.g. low levels of staff, poor quality food (from fruit to meat), all inclusive service ends at 11.00 p.m. (although you can buy things at open bars for several hours afterwards), tired and unwelcoming staff (one barman when asked to smile stated he had worked 21 days without pause and had nothing to smile about!) and a shockingly low level of entertainment (even the female singer on the Friday night did not know the words to most songs). My top tip, is to stay somewher else.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel as all rooms have thin walls and limited air conditioning
lancashire, england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am in my 50's and my husband in his 60's, but very young in our thinking. We went all inclusive end of Sept, beginning October to this hotel. Value for money as far as drinks, food and size of room were concerned, but costly for food and drinks I believe from other holiday makers if only half board. Even have to pay for water with meals. Not many young people in the hotel whilst we were there. Lots of German and French holiday makers as well as English and other nationalities. Hotel very basic. About a 10 to 20 minute walkalong the promenade from shops, restaurants, bars. Other restaurants across road from hotel mainly closed at this time of year. Would never get a 4* rating in UK and know better 4* for not much more money in Torremolinos. Decor and seating basic. Low backed, uncomfortable chairs in lounge area, not well upholstered. Plastic tables and chairs in the main bar area. Beware plastic chairs dotted around sun bed area and outside pool bar. Legs on some not sturdy and one collapsed when a lady sat on one. No tourist info at reception. (You will find it to the left of the reception desk in the lounge/card room area, you will also find a post box on the wall there - no signs at reception to tell you that either. If your English and wish to find general tourist info and what is on in the area, you will find the excellent English holiday guide newspaper buried under the other language info books in the same area. Excellent paper. This saves you having to queue endlessly at reception for info) GOOD POINTS - All areas of hotel clean, unlimited local drinks at meal times and night,( with the exception of coffee which wasn't served after 10.15pm). Pool bar excellent for good service and fast food. Hot dogs, hamburgers ice creams etc. If you like darts, boules etc activities available. Size of room and balcony with sea view. Cleaned daily, bedding changed regularly. Main Pool kept clean -( didn't look at children's so unable to comment), lifeguard at pool. In restaurant good salads and sweets and occassionally good choice of main meals from buffet. Near bus stop to main centre of Torremolinos but not late at night, cost 2euros 2 cents to central area. Beach opposite the hotel. NOT GOOD- repairs in room not dealt with during our stay, Repair to wood along edge of wardrobe needed as door kept catching. Lights kept going out. Cleaner showed my husband how to reset the switch in the fuse box on the wall. No way of getting into the bath/shower safely no rails to hang on to or anti slip mats on bottom of bath. Fittings very dated, rust around bath edge, top layer of bathroom door missing at bottom edge. Towels very thin. Balcony overlooked rubbish skips. Fridge perched at an angle on what should have been holder for suitcases. First week (when rained) no English programmes on TV in room except Disney, which reverted to Spanish in the evenings. 2nd week some programmes aired in English.Bar and entertainment shut at 11pm on the dot. Indoor bar shuts when pool bar open. If you dont want to sit in the sun have to get drinks from pool bar and carry then back up steps to hotel. Indoor bar only opened when it rained constantly. Unable to get snacks on all inclusive when main restaurant open. Not enough tables and chairs around pool bar to sit in the shade. Only 3 sides of pool get the sun at this time of year so can struggle to get sunbeds. No air conditioning at this time of year switched off at the end of September even though weather 11 out of 14 days very hot. Restaurant staff could not keep up with clearing tables, providing cutlery, replenishing food and wine. Some queueing for tables as coach parties arrived at the hotel for a meal so took hotel guests places. Most red meat so chewy could not trust my dentures to be able to eat it or to be able to cut it easily. Food very repetative but plenifull but cuts of meat mostly tasteless. Themed nights a laugh, one Spanish night consisted of a free thimble full amount of white wine, a few flags dotted around the food and some overcooked Chinese spring rolls and over cooked stir fry???? at the beginning of October a marquee was erected and used for evening entertainment. Tressle tables were set up as a bar and the queue for drinks wound around peoples tables and chairs. (Again plastic)Adult Entertainment consisted of bingo, quizzes, golden oldy records accompanied by videos on a large screen, flamenco, and a wild bird show which consisted of eagles, owls etc flying backwards and forwards over the audiences heads. Followed by an opportunity to have your photograph taken with one of them for 10 euros. Cocktails from the pool bar came from a machine, so no embelishments and limited choice. Same cocktails inside served in tall glasses but again with no embelishments. Had problems with noise and some rowdy behaviour when a very large family came to stay in the hotel for the weekend, but security on hand to deal with the problem. No facilities for drying towels etc. No free Wifi. No towels to be dried over edge of balcony and no outside clothes drying facility. A laundry and ironing service was available but found it pricy.
Bar 5 minutes up the room as a good host and is quirky. Turn right as you leave the main gate of the hotel walk up the promenade until you come to a row of small shops. Walk past the chemist (also very friendly and helpful people here) and the bar is called The German Paddy. Has most football matches on here for all football fans reading this.
WOULD NOT RETURN TO THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Puente Real? Share your experiences!