Hotel was very basic but very clean, needs modenising and more up to date furniture. If like me you need to make a brew then defiantly take a travel kettle as none of the rooms have one, even though we were self catering, no microwave, or toaster, just 2gas rings very close to the sink which is run on a gas bottle, so if your planning to cook any meals in your room, this may prove tricky. The staff on reception were quite miserable, lucky if you got a smile lol, but they weren't nasty or anything, we realised on our first night the shower wasn't working, but as it was too late for the maintenance man to come and fix it they said he would be here at 9 the following morning, and he was and it was fixed, so that was great. The beach is brilliant it costs 4 euros for a lounger and padded mat for the day, a lady walks up n down with a tray and takes orders for drinks from the bar/ restaurant, but there is also ladies with ice buckets selling cold drinks which is cheaper and they are cold too, the loungers with padded mats at the hotel are 3 euros for the day, but you cannot just have a lounger without the mat as the life guard comes n makes you pay, so be warned. The hotel is in a great spot, most things on the doorstep as it where, not far is the main town, be warned there is a lot of steps to get to the top to get to the town, but...... For 1euro up n bk down there is a lift (we found this out when we had took all the steps twice, lol) the town is nice, there is a tapas restaraunt called el darados we ate there 3 nights out of 7 as the tapas was amazing, i had pork loin one night and this too was gorgeous, well worth the visit. for 6 euros return you can take the local bus to Majas (this takes an hour) if you can do this is sooooooooo worth it, the town is stunning, the views, the town it's self and the people, defiantly worth a visit. The hubby went to gabrolta for the day (I didn't go as the bus was a 2.45mins travel..... No thanx) he went for tobacco for me brother it was 18english pound for 5 packs, this is all you are allowed to bring out of Gibraltar, he asked 2 people while he was there if they check and was told not to risk it ad they are clamping down, do he didn't, but sods law he wasn't checked, suppose that's the chance ya take.. Hubby said if i had been there i could have waited outside and he could have just kept going in and then giving them to me, something for younto think about.....Don't forget from torrelominos you can bring as much tobacco/cigs as you want, thing the cigs in torrelominos were 52 euros for a sleeve and bacca was 67.50 euros for 10 packs.
Hope all this helps, if there is anything you would like to know just message me n I will try n answer :0)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bajondillo is in the heart of the Costa del Sol and right in front of the beach. All our Apartments have an excellent distribution and orientation as they all face the sea. The atmosphere is peaceful and inviting.Big garden with swimming pool with sun beds, hairdresser, PC with internet access, free WiFi in whole complex, a la carte restaurant “La Brasería”, cafeteria, self service laundry, external medical service (24h) and free Airport Shuttle-Bus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Bajondillo Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bajondillo Apartments Hotel Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Apartments
- Bajondillo Apartments Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Apartments Torremolinos