Just returned from eleven nights at Riu Nautilus. All the reviews of this hotel helped my good lady and I choose this hotel. We have stayed in this area before and have used Riu hotels in the past so it made sense. Right then my review, firstly the hotel was refurbished over the winter 2012/2013 and has been done to a high standard. We had asked for a high room and but we were put in the annexe which at first I wasn't too happy about. But once we saw the room and the side sea view we settled in. The room was large with two three quarter beds, an amazing amount of wardrobe and draw space. The walk in shower was fantastic, I have never stayed in a room in Spain that was so well lit both in the bedroom and bathroom. I was told the main block still had baths in for those who like them. The maid service kept the rooms spotless and they were very pleasant. The restaurant had table cloths, proper napkins and a nice feel to it. We had all our meal on the out side terrace over looking the pool and the sea. We also did the alacarte restaurant which was very good indeed and included in the half board package. Our waiter Marco was a very polite young man and made our visits seem personal. On saying this he was so professional he made every table he waited on feel the same. The food was well cooked and presented. Some nights there were more choice then others but all vey pleasant. As for round the pool we never had a problem getting sun beds, as always there were the lonely towels left on their own for hours on end. Location wise the Nautilus is right on the sea front. When you leave the hotel this side the marina is five minutes walk to the right with Benalmadena being another five minutes walk further, to the left another ten minute stroll there are the paved side straights of Carahuela just off the front. Torremolinos is a good 25/30 minute walk on the front but only 5/10 minutes in a cab. Outside the front door of the hotel there is a strip of bars and restaurants which are a bit tiered but cheap and cheerful and good fun. We would certainly return to the Riu Nautilus and highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos* 3-storey and 7-storey buildings* 2,500 garden* Separated from beach only by the beachfront promenade* 700 m from Puerto Marina* 700 m from various shops* 8 km from the Malaga airport* 100 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Hotel Riu Nautilus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Nautilus Torremolinos
- Riu Nautilus Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Riu Nautilus Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain