My girlfriend (26) and I (30) stayed here for 5-nights in October, we paid €585 total for half board with lateral sea view, room 652, the balcony got the sun from 12pm to 4pm. We got the train from the airport to El Pinillo station (C1 line), which cost is €1.70 each, and took about 20 minutes. From there it was a 15 minute walk down the hill (no taxis at the station). Alternatively, I believe a direct taxi from the airport to the hotel is about €20. The room was good; great views, great shower, comfy bed, the mini bar was well stock and very reasonably priced. The only English TV channel is BBC World News, and the hairdryer was a bit naff. Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel on various different connections, some require a passcode, some don't, ask at reception for the codes. The Wi-Fi is perfect for emails, Facebook, Twitter etc, but does struggle with YouTube etc. The indoor leisure facilities are pretty decent. The hotel pool is really clean. The pool bar is pretty expensive, we bought drinks from the shop on the promenade for half the price, which was a bit cheeky, but well within our rights. Buffet breakfast was brilliant, apart from the cereal, which tasted like polystyrene! We found the evening buffet very bland, so for the last two nights we ate out, which was 100% better, my advice would be just stay B&B. I'd be very happy to return to Hotel Amaragua, it's a pretty decent place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A superior 4 star Hotel where the functional distribution of its spaces, with the sea as its protagonist, the decoration, with its strong personality, have all come together to give you an elegant, classical and functional Mediterranean Hotel. Located on the seafront, MS Amaragua looks out directly on to the Mediterranean and the pedestrian promenade of the traditional, infamous neighbourhood of the Carihuela, where the cultural cuisine of Pescaito frito (little fried fish) reaches its maximum expression. Only a couple of minutes walk away is the famous Benalmádena Marina, Puerto Marina. We have 275 rooms; of these 2 are luxury suites, 8 suites, 6 junior suites and 12 superior doubles. Restaurant, snack bar, swimming pool, lobby bar, conference and conventions halls, parking with 217 spaces, big outside swimming pool for adults and children, ample sun terrace, beach with direct access from the Hotel and the spa & fitness centre. 24 hour reception, press, left luggage, bellboy, room service, laundry service and rental service of bicycles, cars and motorbikes. CATERING To start the day, the Hotels restaurant, offers a complete and varied breakfast buffet with panoramic views of the Mediterranean . Enjoy the luminosity and relaxation at the swimming pool Bar La Ola, where Mediterranean cooking fuses with local cuisine and the after dinner drinks at sunset.Mens sana in corpore sano in the Health and Beauty Centre (SPA & Beauty Farm) the Hotel has at your service. The Hotel has on offer for its clients, an indoor climate controlled swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, Turkish bath, gym, massages and an ample array of aesthetic treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Amaragua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amaragua Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Amaragua Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain