just home from a very enjoyable visit to this hotel, along with over 700 fellow revellers on an Irish music and dance 10 days, the hotel coped very well with a full house. I bet they wondered what had hit them. it is the first time Enjoy travel have used this hotel they tell us it won't be the last, like many others I have booked to go back next year.
our room was very pleasant with a big double bed, cloths space a bit sparse, but nice size room and bathroom. our room looked out to the beach, pool and garden area on the 3rd floor we were very happy with the room.
I was pleased to have a drinks fridge not that we used the drinks but I had insulin with me so it was very handy.
food was good and staff pleasant and helpful in the dining room an escalator up to the dining room was an advantage as my husband is disabled.
the disadvantage was getting down to the ballroom there are lots of steps, a key can be got from reception which can take a long time if they are busy as they have to escort you, then this only takes you to another level people in wheelchairs get on a chair lift, so my husband still had to negotiate the stairs.
seeing there were several wheelchair users in our large group it was very difficult for them having to wait ever such a long time for assistance to get the lift. I felt my husband did not have the luxury to roam freely through the hotel.
indoor pool was nice, towels were freely given to use out doors on the loungers as well, plenty of loungers but being such a large group they were soon snapped up.
security was a big problem when we first arrived several incidents of thefts, one lady having her purse stolen on the first day with credit cards and €600 taken. after a couple of other incidents there was a security man on duty all day around the pool area and checking people were warring the their wristbands on entering the electronic gates.
the hotel is ideally situated nearest to the shops, the exit brings you right onto the lovely promenade and beach.
even though the bar staff had a lot of people to contend with they were fast and efficient, friendly some even managed a dance. reception staff helpful and a nice smile and greeting when we passed for meals. so all in all a very enjoyable stay, just a pity about the lift did not going right down to the entertainment areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A superior 4 star Hotel where the functional distribution of its spaces, with the sea as its protagonist, the decoration, with its strong personality, have all come together to give you an elegant, classical and functional Mediterranean Hotel. Located on the seafront, MS Amaragua looks out directly on to the Mediterranean and the pedestrian promenade of the traditional, infamous neighbourhood of the Carihuela, where the cultural cuisine of Pescaito frito (little fried fish) reaches its maximum expression. Only a couple of minutes walk away is the famous Benalmádena Marina, Puerto Marina. We have 275 rooms; of these 2 are luxury suites, 8 suites, 6 junior suites and 12 superior doubles. Restaurant, snack bar, swimming pool, lobby bar, conference and conventions halls, parking with 217 spaces, big outside swimming pool for adults and children, ample sun terrace, beach with direct access from the Hotel and the spa & fitness centre. 24 hour reception, press, left luggage, bellboy, room service, laundry service and rental service of bicycles, cars and motorbikes. CATERING To start the day, the Hotels restaurant, offers a complete and varied breakfast buffet with panoramic views of the Mediterranean . Enjoy the luminosity and relaxation at the swimming pool Bar La Ola, where Mediterranean cooking fuses with local cuisine and the after dinner drinks at sunset.Mens sana in corpore sano in the Health and Beauty Centre (SPA & Beauty Farm) the Hotel has at your service. The Hotel has on offer for its clients, an indoor climate controlled swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, Turkish bath, gym, massages and an ample array of aesthetic treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia and HotelTravel.com so you can book your SENTIDO Amaragua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amaragua Hotel Torremolinos
- SENTIDO Amaragua Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain