so i visited hotel tropicana end of october with a completly open mind. i will try and give a list of pros and cons: *very very small lift.
*we arrived with no help from staff of where to go,help with luggage,towels,safe price.
*very small bathroom.cant have a shower without flooding bathroom and have to be 3ft tall and size 6 to fit in the bath.
* cant sit on toilet without hitting knees on bath and sitting sideways.
*we were put in a different room to most with a tiny tiny balcony and poorer facilities than others that paid less than us.
*tv had no english chanels and s a 4* maybe need to be updated.
*air con very very slow and useless.
*my boyfriend hit his hwad on the fan as its very low.
*had no fridge in the room!
*poor lighting at times.although suits decore it rained a few times here so in the day you couldnt find anything.
*balcony had no sun.
*hair dryer very dated only blew cold air (these things are mostly only subjected to our room as we were shoved in a corner room.others i saw had huge bathrooms,nice hairdryers,tables etc)
*i.was appauled by the food! i am a vegetarian and they did not cater for other diety requirments at all!! the vegetables had meat in,salad had meat in and even the 'vegetarian soup' as they called it had meat in. for a 4* this is discusting. also the signs for food are poor they say 'fish' what fish?! 'pasta' what is in the pasta?! many times i picked up things thinkin they were fine to find bits of sausage hidden. i told a member of staff i hadnt eaten properly for any meal foir days and he shrugged and said "oh well"!!!. the breakfast also needs beans and a better toaster.
*great seaview room.
*nice and clean
*dated decor but suited ro the overall feel of hotel
*nice little lounge however the bar was closed only until a load of freench people came (they seem to look after them more)
* alot of french and spanish,no problem but theey tend to be very loud and dont look very happy at you (majority not all)
*me and partner are 21 so wouldnt come again very aimed at older people and spanish as alot of signs are not for us.so if your looking for places to go or even eat it can be difficult if you cant speak spanish.
* nothing to do past 9pm
* lounger hkire not to bad 4euros.
*nice strip to walk on
*cheap buses to towns
*enjoyed crocodile park.
although the review is long i hope i have helped people out and dont get me wrong it is not a bad place because each to there own.but anyone who does not like walking,going to sleep early, and always looking for somethibg to do.do not! come in october.
hope i helped.:)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Tropicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Tropicana Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain