This hotel has had a massive revamp and looks smart but I didn't like it or much enjoy myself here. I thought the building itself and the attached blocks which were part of the hotel to be rather ugly. Another reviewer described it as being Benidorm-ish and I would agree with this.
Here are some thoughts:-
On the bad side:-
1. The lifts are too small and too slow, we were on the 7th floor and often, after waiting for ages, took the stairs.
2. The hotel caters mainly for Spanish clientele and when we were there it was mostly Spanish OAPs. I was told that the Spanish Government pay for their OAPs to have a week's holiday every year and it seemed they were all at this hotel.
3. The restaurant reminded me of a Bhs one on a bad day. There were loads of work stations throughout the restaurant where the waiters / waitresses would take diners plates after they had finished their meal, there was a hole in the work station for the waste food to go down and the waiter / waitress would bang the plates so as to empty the contents down the hole, .. this banging was loud and awful and ongoing throughout your mealtime.
4. There was no music in the restaurant which, I think, always adds a little something in atmosphere.
5. The sunbeds were uncomfortable - they were just plain white plastic and no sort of cushion was available to put on them.
6. There were no sun umbrellas.
7. There was no music around the pool area which, again, always adds atmosphere.
On the plus side:-
1. The room was OK, clean and bright and the bathroom was nice.
2. The staff were nice, (although the receptionists were a bit surly).
3. Food not bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marconfort Griego Hotel All Inclusive is placed in Torremolinos centre, just half a mile from Bajondillo Beach and three-minutes walk from to the Torremolinos convention centre. This hotel is ideal for couples and families alike. The guestrooms are spacious and feature air conditioning and heating, a private bathroom with hairdryer, a furnished private balcony, a flat satellite TV, a safe (extra charge) and free WiFi. The facilities have a buffet restaurant with live cooking and international cuisine, and another buffet themed restaurant with pizzeria and snack bar and a nighttime piano bar and more. The hotel also has a TV room, a library with international books, a miniclub for kids, a gym, a meeting room, a souvenir shop and a sundeck with outdoor pool and loungers. In July and August, it is offered free transportation to the beach. The hotel is half a mile from Aqualand water park, and 12 minutes from Malaga Airport trough A7 Highway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Marconfort Griego Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Griego Mar Torremolinos
- Hotel Griego Mar Torremolinos
- Marconfort Griego Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain