After reading some of the reviews on here i was a bit sceptical about going to this hotel, myself & my husband went for 10 nights.I asked the receptionist where our room was & she said overlooking the road, i asked her if possible to give us a room overlooking the pool, she did it straight away. Our room was huge on the side near the mini park, it was very modern & cleaned every day.The lifts werent really a problem as one side of the hotel held 6 people & the other 8, we just scrunched in after counting how many people were in them rather than wait for another. The pool is quite big but the space around it for sunbathing is a problem, if you want a sunbed be prepared to get up at 7am & sit with your yellow umbrella base on a plastic chair ready for them unleashing the sunbeds at 7.45, you didnt need to set your alarm clock because you could hear people scraping their plastic chairs into positions. If you didnt want to get up early you could go up to the roof to sunbathe where they have sunloungers also, just remember to take a drink up with you. We did go down to the dreaded slippy steps to the beach, then we used the lift after one try. The beach was red hot & sunloungers were always avaliable with parasols for only 4 euros per person. Exchange your money at th hotel because roundabout there are very few exchange places & these didnt offer as much as the hotel did which was surprising. The hotel room has free a/c & a balcony so that was a bonus. The food was fantastic with plenty of choice each day & the drinks choice was also excellent aswell. Rooms where the bars were were small & entertainment was ok, if you wanted a seat you had to be there for 8.30pm because they start at 9pm. Staff were all very pleasant & helpful. We went into fuengirola on the train & benalmadena on the bus which were a nice day out, the hotel is a about a 10 to 20 minutes walk away from the aquapark & the crocodile park which were both good, the shops are also very close by. There was a mixture of foreign & english people, families, couples & elderly people also at this hotel, we did see 2 lots of stag & hen parties but they never caused any bother. So all in all we had a good holiday & better than we had expected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marconfort Griego Hotel All Inclusive is placed in Torremolinos centre, just half a mile from Bajondillo Beach and three-minutes walk from to the Torremolinos convention centre. This hotel is ideal for couples and families alike. The guestrooms are spacious and feature air conditioning and heating, a private bathroom with hairdryer, a furnished private balcony, a flat satellite TV, a safe (extra charge) and free WiFi. The facilities have a buffet restaurant with live cooking and international cuisine, and another buffet themed restaurant with pizzeria and snack bar and a nighttime piano bar and more. The hotel also owns a game room, a TV room, a library with international books, a miniclub for kids, a gym, a meeting room, a souvenir shop and a sundeck with outdoor pool and loungers. In July and August, it is offered free transportation to the beach. The hotel is half a mile from Aqualand water park, and 12 minutes from Malaga Airport trough A7 Highway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marconfort Griego Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Griego Mar Torremolinos
- Hotel Griego Mar Torremolinos
- Marconfort Griego Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain