“4 days Birthday Break-21-25th June 2013” 4 of 5 stars

Marconfort Griego Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida de Sorolla 7, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain   |
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Torremolinos
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“4 days Birthday Break-21-25th June 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Hotel staff friendly & helpful. Basic but clean hotel room & bathroom. All inclusive food was fine. Enough to chose from although we did only sample breakfast and evening meals.Informed by another party of the sunbed/beach towels chaos every morning at 6.30-7am and didnt attempt it. Not for either of us to put ourselves through that and glad we didnt. The pool is very small for a hotel of 3 blocks and on most days they are like sardines!!.There is a sunbed terrace situated just above the pool area and on the 8th floor if your quick.Took to enjoying the slow stroll of about 10/15minute walk to the beach which is fab!!!.Stairs to and from the beach are plenty but there is a lift situated next door to the El Mira hotel which takes you more than half way up for 50c. A set of steps further down from the lift is a must if you can do them as the small oldy worldy shops are great for browsing.
On the beach we opted for Los Gallegos Playa for our Sunbeds which was a family run basis and they were always so friendly and helpful. Just next door we used Los Capanos for a scrumptious Paella at lunch time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

me being a very fussy eater...after reading the reviews on the food i was looking forward to being all inclusive and enjoying the food in the restaurant...but it really didnt stand up to much....the breakfast was OK,same with the lunch..Dinner being the best..i wasnt mad about the deserts at all
Always long ques for the bar :(
Entertainment was OK - Mostly women dancing around and shaking their bits...not really entertainment for the kids...i think the men enjoyed it the most.
Staff in the restaurant were fantastic,reception staff ok,bar staff were helpfull
pool way way too small,never enough beds,had to get up at 7.30 / 8 am to hold beds
too many hens and stags parties - alot of drunk men swearing and messing - we had to complain to the reception staff at one point
hotel is not in a good location - too far away and could never find the main resort???
overall food OK
Rooms OK
Staff good
I would not return to this hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Torquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We visited this hotel the second week in June. It was booked last minute and we looked at many options in many different holiday resorts using trip advisor as a measure of the quality of the hotels and I have to say this one worked for us.

The hotel is in a great location it's clean, tidy and friendly. The food is plentiful and good quality with something for everyone and there are different specials on each night.

The all inclusive drinks are good and free flowing although I found the lager a little rough.

We had a room on the 4th floor facing the pool and while it could be a little noisy until 2 it was certainly bearable if we came in early and soon died down when the bar closed.

The only down side was the pool area which was very small and people were out for the sun beds at 7.15 waiting for them to be unlocked so that they could claim them ( I have to admit I got dragged into this routine but I'm an early riser anyway!). I wasn't that desperate for a space that I reserved it with a chair or a towel though, which did amuse me.

Mixture of Spanish, English, Irish, Welsh, Germans etc but all got along fine and the serving staff sent those not queuing to the back (mainly Spanish) which I thought was fair.

I would recommend and would certainly go back.

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

On first impressions we weren't impressed at all. Myself, boyfriend & 2 daughters stayed for 1 week & upon our arrival around 9pm we got checked in quickly but our room was quite small for a family. It had a double bed & 2 single pull out chair/ beds for the kids aged 4 & 5 which were placed in front of the balcony & in my opinion was not suitable. I don't expect to make up beds while on holiday I much prefer everyone to have thier own proper bed. We complained to reception & asked for a family room & we got moved the next day to a much bigger room with single beds for the kids. The hotel staff were friendly & the food was quite good especially breakfast with plenty to choose from. As with all Spanish holidays the food is much of the same most days but for a weeks stay I can't complain. Plenty of snacks throughout the day & the drinks were in big cups which was good to see as usually any time I'm on holiday they are tiny!
There is a park in the hotel which was a god send for us, it kept the kids amused for hours the only thing I would say is it could do with more than one swing to save the kids arguing over it.

Entertainment is a bit hit & miss, a few of the dancers were more like hookers from the street! Not appropriate for the kids but over all this was a great holiday. The beach is about 10 minutes walk away & one of the cleanest best beaches I've ever seen. Plenty of shops & the weather was hot every day. I would definitely go back this hotel & recommend the aqua park. It's quite pricey but you can get a leaflet for it at the airport which has a discount voucher.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Came here with 6 other friends to celebrate my friends 40th, had a great time. can't fault this place. Hotel spotless and staff are very friendly. Food was great also, something for everyone. Also my partner came here the week after us with 14 of his friends and they all had a great time. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Blackburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have just returned today from 9 days at the marconfort griego,the hotel is spotless,the staff are nice and friendly,food is very good with plenty of choice.The pool area is absolutely packed,it wasnt for us,so we went to the beach every day.Its 4 euros each for the beds,there are different spots on the beach,we went to Miguel Cerdan every day,you get a sun bed with a lovely thick mattress,a brolly,a table and an ashtray,he keeps his part of the beach spotless,you can use his bar and loo also,but we tended to buy the water at a small kiosk just further up from his bar,at the kiosk the man speaks no English,so try a little Spanish,he appreciates it.We got the train from the airport,its only 1.70 euros each to Torremlinos,then not knowing where the hotel was we got a taxi,which cost 5.50,but coming home we walked to the railway station.Torremlinos is huge,loads of shops,and the sea front is lovely,only one bar to be aware of is El Marques,its across from the nice chinese restaurant with small balconies where people can eat,at this bar they charged us 8 euros for a pint and a half of lager,total rip off,they dont charge that much on the sea front.We didnt see any of the entertainment at the hotel,its in a huge room which is really noisy,but the kids seemed to be having a good time,the quietest place to have a drink at night at the hotel is round the pool,but you have to go downstairs for your drink.We were in room 926,its nice and quiet,no sun in the morning,but late afternoon its red hot.the only thing i will say is why do people feel the need to drag the one and only chair along the floor at all hours of the night,very strange!! The weather has been great,sometimes a mist comes in from the sea,but it doesnt last long,and its still hot.Just enjoy yourself,have a wander out into town,its lovely.

Room Tip: room 926 red hot late afternoon.
England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Arrived around lunch time to be told by unhelpful lady on the reception that one out of our two rooms booked wasn't ready, was told to come back in an hour and hopefully it would be ready, decided to go down for a spot of lunch before moving in to our room. Just over an hour later I returned to be told it would be another hour, the attitude from the lady was very unhelpful and by this time I was hot and bothered after travel since early morning and wanted to get into our room. I was told we would receive a phone call when it was ready but again had to return to reception to see if it was, this time a very helpful gentleman sorted my room for me and 2 and half hours after arriving I was eventually in my room. You expect your room to be ready on arrival and I found throughout my stay quite a lot of people had the same problem. The good bits..... Room was clean and large in size, food really tasty plenty of choice for all, apart from lady on reception start were more than polite and friendly. Would visit again but would request a low floor and pool view as lifts to level ten coursed a problem and often had to wait. Short walk to the beach and shops, short transfer from airport.

Room Tip: Ask for low level room and pool view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
subdireccion_griego, Guest Relations Manager at Marconfort Griego Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Kelly, many thanks for taking a few minutes to leave a review of your holiday with us at our Marconfort Griego Hotel. Firstly, please accept my apologies for the problems which you encountered upon arrival at the hotel. I am very sorry that we were not able to provide your room as soon as you arrived at the hotel. Check out is at 12:00 mid day and check in is from 12 mid day through to 15:00, an hour before most hotels who establish check in up until 16:00. Unfortunately with the hotel being very busy and people not adhering to the check out time this has a knock on effect and room cleaning can sometimes be delayed. I will speak to our Reception Manager to find out which of our receptionists you spoke to and speak to her personally. After the small problem at the start of your holiday I am pleased that you had a fantastic holiday with us and suggest that when you visit us again to get in contact with me personally at the hotel and I will try to ensure that your room is ready upon your arrival and also allocate you a room on a lower floor. Once again many thanks for your review of our Marconfort Griego Hotel.

Been to Marconfort Griego Hotel? Share your experiences!