Ok so it's not the ritz and does not pretend to be, the hotel is 3 star and is in need of upgrading in parts but you know exactly what you are getting before going. I would say to the others who leave bad reviews do your home work before going.
The location is brilliant for the airport, 10 mins on the train which leaves from outside the airport, do not pay for a taxi at the resort its a total rip off, a walk of 10 mins max will take you to the hotel.
On arrival the reception staff were ok, did not explain how to get up to your room but when asked did explain reasonably well. As mentioned the rooms are very basic but spotless and the cleaning staff are very friendly. I was particularly impressed that our request was fulfilled by asking for a double bed, as a same sex couple it's almost impossible when abroad to get a double bed!! Very much appreciated
I cannot see where the other reviews are coming from with the food, it was brilliant when we were there in March, the hotel was fully occupied mainly with Spanish pensioners who I doubt would tolerate bad food! Every day there was a great selection of salads, meats, vegetarian and children's dishes so if that does not keep you content nothing will.
The pool area was spotless, although the other reviews are right when they say that the sun is non existent by 3pm and most people are scrambling for the upper deck, although the roof was empty the whole time we were there.
The staff were generally helpful and polite but did not particularly go out there way to be friendly, probably to be on the safe side.
The town is slightly conflicting, it looks like it was a lovely sea side village at some point then the locals and tourists arrived in mass so its a cross between a residential area with some hotels scattered throughout, the beach is around a 20 minute walk if you know where you are going, a bit of research gets you there quickly.
Overall I would return again although not for more than about a week as unless you want to travel it does get a bit boring in the resort.
Remember and tick if you find this helpful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marconfort Griego Hotel All Inclusive is placed in Torremolinos centre, just half a mile from Bajondillo Beach and three-minutes walk from to the Torremolinos convention centre. This hotel is ideal for couples and families alike. The guestrooms are spacious and feature air conditioning and heating, a private bathroom with hairdryer, a furnished private balcony, a flat satellite TV, a safe (extra charge) and free WiFi. The facilities have a buffet restaurant with live cooking and international cuisine, and another buffet themed restaurant with pizzeria and snack bar and a nighttime piano bar and more. The hotel also owns a game room, a TV room, a library with international books, a miniclub for kids, a gym, a meeting room, a souvenir shop and a sundeck with outdoor pool and loungers. In July and August, it is offered free transportation to the beach. The hotel is half a mile from Aqualand water park, and 12 minutes from Malaga Airport trough A7 Highway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marconfort Griego Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Griego Mar Torremolinos
- Hotel Griego Mar Torremolinos
- Marconfort Griego Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain