“great stay at griego hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Marconfort Griego Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida de Sorolla 7, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain   |
Ranked #28 of 74 hotels in Torremolinos
northern ireland
“great stay at griego hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

just got back from griego mar hotel we had a lovely time here the staff were amazing they always had time for you and nothing was a problem to them. we arrived early i morning and we got our room straight away the reception staff were very pleasant. the room has lovely and clean and all you needed in it. we ask the cleaner for extra pillows when we came back to our room pillows were there great service from the cleaning staff.the food was great. the bar staff was really good and always had a pleasant word to say great holiday well done to all the staff at greigo mar

Room Tip: get a high floor sun shines there most of day in winter months
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
subdireccion_griego, Guest Relations Manager at Marconfort Griego Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your great review of our Marconfort Griego Hotel. It personally gives me great pleasure to learn that you had a great stay at our Hotel. All our staff work very hard to ensure that all our guests' have an enjoyable holiday and I thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. Good tip regarding the rooms on the higher floors, especially during the winter season. Thank you once again and hopefully we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future occasion.

1,085 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

stayed here 1st feb for the weekend, hotel had only just opened the doors, we were greeted immediatley by the receptionist and they were lovely really easy check in no waiting no messing,
the room was very clean and had everything we needed, food was amazing and lots to choose from. the whole hotel was really nice everyone was so pleasent and accomdating.
will defo go back again. :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lisa, Many thanks for taking your time to share your review of our Hotel with other users here on Trip Advisor. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your holiday with us and that you found everything to your liking from the friendliness of our staff to the wide selction of foods which we have to offer in our Restaurant. As you rightly state, we opened on 1st February for the season and our aim is to provide the same friendly welcome from when we open right through to 31st October when we close for the season. Hopefully we'll see you again soon !
Tyne & Wear
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Had an excellent week at this hotel. Asked for a low room because of condition and it was superb. Clean hotel very central and the food was excellent. Entertainment was superb and every night. Had a 5 year old with me and he really enjoyed this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 10 nights in October with my wife and 8 year old son. Before booking this holiday I spent an awful long time reading various reviews on trip adviser. The reviews were excellent for this hotel, and this is why we booked to stay here. I booked the hotel through booking.com, brilliant company, would always recommend.
We arrived at the hotel about 9pm after making our way from Malaga airport by train (very simple, train station in the airport, self-service ticket machines with multiple language options, also very cheap, can’t remember the exact price 2 euros each maybe, catch the Fuengirola train, takes 10 minutes on the train to Torremolinos where the station is right in the centre near Calle San Miguel, 5 minutes walk to hotel). Check-in was fine, very quick, no problems, and the staff were very welcoming. The Room we were allocated was on the 7th floor with a pool view, which is exactly what I had asked for. The room itself was very spacious and had everything we needed (although bring a hairdryer & a kettle if you need these). The décor was extremely dated, the old air conditioning unit didn’t work (I later found out they switch it off mid-September) and the tiles on the bathroom floor were loose when you walked on them. Otherwise it was ok, it was basic but very clean which I suppose is the main thing.
Our first night at this hotel was an absolute nightmare, we were awakened at 3am due to a drunken fight taking place in the corridor outside our room, there must have been 6 or more guests shouting and swearing, arguing and fighting. I had my wife and 8 year old boy with me and couldn’t believe what was happening. After about 10 minutes I went to phone the reception, but the phone in the room didn’t work so I used my mobile. I was told that they were aware of the disturbance but the security guard was at that time dealing with another fight at the on-site disco, brilliant!!! The security guard eventually came up to our floor after about 20 minutes by which time things were getting out of hand, objects were being thrown about and smashed and people were running around banging on everybody’s doors. The police were never called which I found strange. The corridor was a mess in the morning with smashed glass on the floor and blood smeared on the walls, and it was raining that day, not a great start to your holidays. I understand this incident wasn’t the hotels fault and when I spoke to the manager he apologised and told me these guests had been moved to another part of the hotel and been made to pay for the damage. Although there was no more fighting at night the hotel was very very noisy and it was difficult to sleep.
One of the main attractions of this hotel after reading the reviews was the food. Unfortunately I was very disappointed. The cooked breakfast options are low quality and very fatty, I just ended up having beans on toast or eggs on toast if we had breakfast at the hotel, lunch and dinner was poor too in my opinion, and the so called fresh pizzas were certainly not fresh and not very nice, the bases are piled up next to the chef, they are crumbly and taste a bit stale, not fresh dough anyway. The self service snack bar is a bit of a joke too, horrible looking burgers, fat chips, breakfast sausages, fatty processed ham, bread, cheese slices, hard boiled eggs and salad, all left sitting at a self service counter for god knows how long! Pretty grim really. So I felt let down by the food, but the drinks were great, the all inclusive is excellent at the bars where you can also get 1.5L bottles of water to take away, crisps, olives, ice-cream, ice-pops. Drinks are served in large glasses and there’s a huge choice including cocktails.
This is a very large hotel with lots of different nationalities staying here, it was very busy and there is a lot of hustle and bustle, very noisy too which wasn’t relaxing at all. I think the hotel is pretty tired and needs quite a lot of money spending on it. It is very clean throughout but unfortunately it just seems old and a bit run down! The tiles (slabs) around the pool area are all loose and uneven, the décor in the public areas is about 25 years out of date, it just seems tired. It gets quite depressing after a few days so although we were all inclusive we spent most of our time out and about. I did hear there was renovation work due, and that the hotel would be closed for a while in the winter for this to be carried out, so maybe it has been improved by now. The staff here are all very pleasant and very hard working. They always smiled and said hello even though they were always rushed off their feet.
Overall a bit of a let down, I wouldn’t return to this hotel and would not recommend. Torremolinos is a great holiday resort and we love the Costa del Sol, but I think we’ll go self-catering in the Canaries this year, bit put off all inclusive for some reason.
Oh yeah, the WIFI doesn’t work at the hotel either, go down to Burger King next to the train station for free WIFI connection.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed at the marconfort griego hotel for a week at the end of may 2012. Got a week all inclusive for about 300 each so it was very cheap!
You do get what u pay for here. On arrival the lobby was teaming with drunk hotel guests, lots of stag and hen party's at this time I imagine. Check in was fine and we were given a high up room which I had requested. Only 2 lifts for a building for such a lot of rooms wasn't great. Room is adequate, twin beds and storage space, bathroom fine. Balcony and TV both okay. Walls are quite thin you can hear doors closing all down the hall at all hours.
Pool was a good size, ample sun loungers however when I was there, no heating in the pool. It was freezing! Had to wait until well into midday before you could go in. The week we arrived seen lots of families and so pool is very busy and noisy.
Bars are all okay, service can be slow. Confusing times, only one bar open at any one time out of four, took a while to get used to. Drinks on AI don't include branded spirits and the 3 cocktails available are very poor.
Breakfast was the best meal, fresh bread cooked in front of you all day was delicious, lots of different choices. Cooked breakfast, cereal and many pastries. Lunch and dinner were one and the same most days, standard choices to cater all travellers, chips, tasteless pasta, chicken, fish etc. The soup was a different choice everyday, but it tasted of the exact same bland warm water everyday, just a different colour.They did do specials each day, paella was very tasty! Desserts not great either, to be expected.
Location of this hotel is okay for people who want to walk through the Calle San Miguel, which is a long street of lots of different shops. At the end of this is many, many quite dangerous steps to get to the beach. I hear there's a lift to use but I did not find it. The walk to the end of the street from the hotel is about 20 minutes, and another 10 from there to the beach. Bearable on the way to the beach, but on the way back in the blistering sun, I wouldn't do it again.
Sadly never really sampled the main "strip" as location was quite bad. Looks to be plenty bars and clubs if u stay near it.
Torremolinos is very hilly so bear in mind if you book with anyone who has walking difficulties. Good distance from airport, about 20 mins on a bus, unless shared transfer, in which case could be anything.

• Stayed May 2012
northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This.is.our third time at this hotel this year we decided to go to help me recover from illiness the staff were amazing they where so helpful. The food is great you can have a fry toast fresh made omelets fried bread and fresh bread just out of the oven and lovely pastrys as well as all the healthy stuff fruit yougarts and cereals and that's just the breakfast .there are snacks all day long as well as lunch and dinner.and then the alcohol my favourite there are no half measures here!!!.And San Majuile street is lovely to wander down there are plenty of shops to have a look in .Hi Karl I made lt to my favourite dress shop Olamara and only bought one dress this time so I need to get better so I can manage their stairs for the next time we come back .

Room Tip: We have never had a bad room but I always ask for a pool view as I like to see all that going on dur...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Morecambe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is situated in a mostly residential area of Torremolinos about a 15 minute walk to the beach. it is a large hotel that gives the impression that it was once 2 hotels that have been made into 1.
The reception area is lvery spacious has had a refurbishment and creates a very good first impression. The entertainemnt was of a decent standard, one criticism is that children should be asked to clear the entertainment area after a certain time to allow a bit of adult time. The restaurant is located on the 1st floor and is a decent size. The food in the hotel is amazing and I think it would be very difficult for anyone to say that there wasn't anything that they liked to eat. The choice was huge and there was a seperate area for children. The pool is on 1st floor. Late summer the sun disappears from the pool area by about 1.30pm although there is a sunbathing terrace on the top floor which gets the sun a bit longer. Hotel rooms are of a decent size, beds are comfy, pillows a little bit lumpy! Bathroom good size too.

The hotel (although showing a few signs of needing a bit of TLC) is spotlessly clean, the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Public areas are all tastefully decorated. Food fantastic and the All Inclusive Bar menu is the best we have ever experienced in a 3* Hotel.
OVERALL OPINION - A great place to stay to use as a base, close to bus stops and train station. this hotel represents great value for money. A large hotel catering for lots of different nationalities and doing a great job. We would most definately stay there again.
FANTASTIC VALUE FOR MONEY............................................

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor in the main block overlooking the pool area
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Marconfort Griego Hotel? Share your experiences!