“Good All Inclusive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 73 Hotels in Torremolinos
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good All Inclusive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was two weeks ago in this hotel, having a week with my wife. We enjoyed in All Inclusive basis, the food is good tasty, and you can try typical spanish food, the entertainment was very good. Really close to the beach and good value for money. Definately we will return in October with more friends.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view are very relaxing and breathtaking.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jose Fermín G, General Manager at Hotel Sol Principe, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Hello Andrew W

My name is Jose Fermín Gómez and I am the General Manager of Sol Principe Hotel
I really appreciate your good review about our hotel and I am very happy knowing that you are going to come back in October
Best Regards José Fermín Gómez. General manager Sol Principe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a fantastic half term break at the Hotel Sol Principe .
The hotel was wonderful and we will deffinantly return there again.
The rooms were great, the food was great and the location was perfect.
The only negative was the evening entertainment that could have been more varied , the music was aimed at the older generation & the night club was closed, plus be-ware the all-inclusive deal finishes at 11pm . Considering it was February half term the hotel could have had a little more going on for the younger generation.
Overall we had a great time and the sunny weather certainly helped.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you very much for your great comments about Sol Principe, It is very good to know that you would like to come back!
We take note about your suggestion about night entertainment. Comments such as yours help us to improve day by day
Best Regards. José Fermín Gómez. General Manager Sol Principe.
Lancashire England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Excellent hotel, good food and spotlessly clean. I have been coming to this hotel on and off for probably 15 years, always in February. Imagine my surprise on arrival on 1 February that to have a room with "afternoon sun" on the balcony I had to stump up an extra 70 euros ( 5 euros per night) for 14 days.!!! On my booking I requested a room with afternoon sun as I have done so on my previous 10 or 11 times and have always enjoyed this. I was told that this is simply a "request" and if we wanted a room with afternoon sun we would have to pay the 70 euros.
This is the only negative of the holiday as we had not budjeted for the additional expense. However take away that and the hotel is excellent. The best point being few British guests stay there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, My name is Jose Fermín Gómez and I am the General Manager of Sol Principe hotel.
First of all thank you very much for your coming year by year to our hotel; your loyalty is our greatest satisfaction.
When you make the reservation you could always choose between standard rooms and sea view rooms. Obviously there is a small difference in price.
Again, thank you very much again for your good comments about Sol Principe.
Looking forward to see you soon. Best Regards. Jose Fermín Gómez. General Manager Sol Principe Hotel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights. There was 8 girls on a weekend away and we were staying on an All Inclusive basis. We noticed very early on that we were amongst a few english guest staying in the hotel, the rest of the guests we assumed were locals. We didn't have any issues and everything was going really well, we were having a fantastic time, up until the point when we looked at getting served at the bar. The bar man would only serve the spanish guests and when we asked to be served, we were given disgusted looks and given the silent treatment. Our second issue arrived on checkout day, when we were told that we hadn't paid for late checkout, when we had. We were told that we had full usage of the hotel and its amenities, as long as we had our wristbands on. We kept the wristbands on and 4 of us went down to get some food in preparation for our flight later in the day. We were told by another extremely rude member of the restaurant that were not allowed food or drinks as our checkout had ran out. We approached the reception to ask why we had been told different infomation. The reception were then adamant that we had NOT paid for late checkout, we when had. One of our party then spoke with the hotel manager who agreed we could use the hotel amenities BUT then said if we did we would be charged. Again, we stated that we had paid and produced proof. The manager then said we could use the facilities. Very annoyed and flustered, we ate and tried to relax in the hotel lobby area. The third and final insult came when one the party, who had not eaten tried to get some food and a drink from the restaurant. She went up and queued for 10 mins to wait to be served, only to be told to go away. Upon asking the reason why, she was told she hadn't paid. She then told the member of staff that it had been sorted at reception and to ask his manager. He then continued to serve the spanish guests. She asked him again to speak with his manager to clear it. He then came from round the bar/food area and grabbed her by the arm and told her to go away. Extremely upset by this, we spoke with the manager and wanted to raise a complaint regarding this behaviour and were told 'good luck, it's a big hotel chain'. Very intimidating staff and place to stay. Will not stay here again and will tell all friends and family to avoid this hotel chain.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Jose Fermín G, General Manager at Hotel Sol Principe, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear guest,
My name is Jose Fermín Gomez and I am the General Manager of Sol Príncipe hotel.
First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your holidays.
I would ask you to please accept our apologies If you dind´t enjoy your holidays in our hotel, I regret that we did not know during your stay any objections to immediately solved
Regarding your comments about the bar service, I would like to point that you paid the supplement to keep the room the day of departure but it does not include the drinks and food.
Best Regards, Jose Fermín Gómez. General Manager
Cambridgeshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed here for 4nights in January 2013. The hotel was really quiet but very clean with rooms cleaned everyday and fresh towels. Being out of season the main lake pool was not in operation but I'm sure it would be spectacular in the main season. The smaller pool at the front of the hotel caught the afternoon sun and as there were so few guests there were plenty of sunbeds available .The food was reasonable but a smaller selection was available due to the small number of guests however we had fresh prawns for starters which were lovely, main courses a bit samey.
Overall the hotel was really good, the outside area to the front especially good with lots of glass and chrome really nice feature.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a very pleasent hotel and is ideal for people wheelchair bound. The staff are very friendly and have great english. The pool is very well kept and food us very good once you get used to the buffet system. The bar is very friendly and free music and a show every night. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed September 2012
Jose Fermín G, General Manager at Hotel Sol Principe, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Hello Wolftone100. M. My name is José Fermín Gómenz, I am the General Manager of Sol Principe Hotel. Thank you very much for witting your great comments about our us here.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in Sol Principe. Sincerely Jose Fermín Gómez, General Manager Sol Príncipe hotel
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here in July 2012 and that was our 2nd trip with my husband and 2 children aged 15 & 2yrs. It is a fab place to stay for all the family as the apartments are great and have kitchenette. The pools are fab both indoor and outdoor. Rooms are spotless clean and clean every day, and the cleaning staff are so pleasant. Reception is quite slow but not due to lack of staff but more to do with the system they use i would say. Always friendly and helpful and Ms Contra is so lovely. The shows every night are great for all the family, but of course you need to get there at least half hour before the show start's to get good seats. I am looking forward to returning to the hotel a little ealier in June this year.

Room Tip: Any apartment room with pool view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest, M. My name is José Fermín Gómenz, I am the General Manager of Sol Principe Hotel. First of all to thank you very much for giving us your nice review and thanks for having chosen Sol Príncipe for your holidays in July. I take note about your comments, opinions such as yours help us to improve day by day.

Thank you for your review again.

Sincerely Jose Fermín Gómez, General Manager Sol Príncipe hotel

Been to Hotel Sol Principe? Share your experiences!