My wife and myself stayed at his hotel last year and we decided we would return again this year and we were not disappointed. Last year was a fantastic holiday and this year was just as good if not better. (please see my previous review).
First of all let me start by saying we travelled with Jet2 Holidays and i cannot fault this company whatsoever. Check-ins at both airports were smooth and fast, leg room on the aircraft is also a big welcome and flights were bang on time as were the transfers to and from the resort. Other airlines should take a look at Jet2 and see how holiday makers deserve to be treated. Well done and thank you Jet 2.
Ok, so on to the hotel itself.
I had emailed ahead of our stay and had requested a room facing into Torremolinos as we were facing into Malaga last year and looking onto the sister hotel the Real Punte. I was informed by the receptionist that these are pool facing rooms and are an extra 10 euros a day but she placed us in one anyway at no extra charge so a good start to the holiday there.
Rooms are fairly standard but absolutely spotless with a maid coming in EVERY day to make the bed and change the towels whenever you so wish. You have a TV with mainly local channels but who really watches TV when on holiday? A hair dyer is provided and there is a mains socket in the bedroom and one in the bathroom also (more than enough to get by). I love my balconies and although the one we had was not huge, it certainly was not cramped like some other hotels i have stayed in.
The pool area is a fantastic place to sit back and relax and there are loads of sun beds scattered all around the 4 pools. Plenty of parasols also but these go quickly so grab one right away (you will need it....especially around 1pm - 4pm......scorchio!!)
I need to put a mention out to Cristian here. He's the guy who walks around the pool ALL day and well into the evening. You will see him help out people with parasols and bases etc, empty all the numerous bins that are scattered all around pool and stack up every single bed in a regimented fashion every evening before hosing the whole area down. Help this guy out by putting your used cups etc into the bins instead of leaving them when finished your sunbathing. There were quite a few people I noticed doing this but they were never there long as Cristian was on hand to pick up. Well done mate and you earn every single euro of your pay.
Bar staff are friendly and also very hard workers. I noticed quite an improvement on last year where there were quite large queues forming at busy periods. Seems like this has been resolved, as there was very little queuing to be done and if you did have to queue, it wasn't for very long.
Beers are good too, Amstel on tap and also Cruz Campo Radler (very refreshing on a hot day).
Maybe just one negative for the hotel manager to consider is that we were on an All Inclusive + board basis. My wife likes a Brandy (or 5) but there was no premium brands available....i'm unsure as to what the brandy on offer was...it was ok but thought there would have been a better brand available, so maybe worth looking at that.
The restaurant is a large area, plenty of tables available and also an adults only area set aside. I loved the food and there is ALWAYS a massive selection available to cater for all tastes. Wine, juices, sangria, beer, tea and coffee available at meal times and you could even help yourself to a champagne or bucks fizz at breakfast time.
I'm not going to go into so called bug thing thats being mentioned in a lot of reviews, but let me just say that i tried just about every variety of food that was available, i drank water from the machines and i never felt ill once. I know a few people we talked to had a bit of the runs etc but they were putting it down to over indulgence, too much sun and basically a complete change of life style in a short space of time. The hotel is ensuring that they are doing everything to protect their guests with sanitisers in the bathrooms and you also have to use the one at the dining room before being allowed entry. Even during the daily activities around the pool, your hands are sprayed before handling the air rifles, pistols etc. Personally??????......i don' think the problem lies with the hotel but that's just my opinion and i'm not looking for a knee jerk reaction from others who have fallen sick.
So onto the entertainment and again I cannot fault this. We have probably all been to hotels where the animacion teams provide the evening entertainment and although they work hard in putting these shows on, they are maybe not the best. The Marconfort provides professional entertainment every single night on a rotational basis. Yes......some acts are better than others, but these nights are what YOU make of them and with a few visits to the bar and some great company (Gerry, Ray, Craig & Raymond), we enjoyed every night.
The animacion team work tirelessly throughout the day and also the evening (bingo and show compere etc). If you want to get involved in any of the daily activities then you are made very welcome and they are a good laugh. Again, I would like to give a shout out to Norberto who is one of the entertainers. This guy recognised me from last year (i find that incredible considering the amount of visitors he must deal with on a yearly basis). He makes me smile with his constant interaction with the competitors and actually enjoys what he's doing, so once again well done and thanks for that Norberto.
To summarise......lovely hotel, superb location, great staff, great food and drink and great company...what more can you ask for??? Loved every single minute.....thank you Marconfort Beach.....hope to return soon!!!
Gordy & Margaret
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel is known for its excellent All Inclusive plan and great location on the Seafront Promenade ("Paseo Maritimo") in Torremolinos, right by one of the destination's top beaches. This lovely property has three outdoor pools and direct access to Playamar beach. All of the spacious and bright guestrooms at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel All Inclusive are outfitted with amenities like panoramic views, a furnished balcony, a spacious private bathroom with hairdryer, and satellite TV with international channels; you'll also find safes for rent, along with free WiFi connection. In addition to daytime and nighttime entertainment, guests can also enjoy a wide range of activities. The hotel has a terrace with loungers by the pool, a gym, a heated pool*, a jacuzzi* and a sauna* (*open seasonally). You'll also come across a game room with billiards and darts, free bike rental, free miniature golf and a playground. Marconfort Beach Club Hotel has free WiFi in common areas. You'll also find a spacious buffet restaurant with a variety of specialties like an Italian corner, a kebab corner, live show cooking, international cuisine and an adults only area. Guests can also enjoy two bars, including one located by the pool. The reception desk is open 24 hours a day, and the hotel has a tourist information desk with services like car rental and tour bookings. The property is located just over one mile from downtown Torremolinos and only three miles from Malaga Airport. The hotel also has bikes available in addition to car rental. ***ALL INCLUSIVE PLAN**** With the All Inclusive plan at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, you'll have access to numerous services to help you enjoy your stay in Torremolinos to the fullest. Access to the heated pool (open seasonally) is included, along with access to the hotel's facilities. (Except for the sauna, which has an extra cost.) Heated pool access is available for a limited number of guests and only during pool hours; children must be under parental supervision. Heated pool open from November 1 - April 30. Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel's main restaurant. Access to the hotel gym. Meals, in addition to snacks like fruit and ice cream at the hotel restaurant outside of regular meal hours. All alcoholic drinks are national brands. Included are beer, non-alcoholic beer, wine, soft drinks, shakes and liquor (with and without alcohol) at all hotel bars. Note: Premium brand international and national drinks have an additional cost and are not included. All inclusive drinks are served from 9:30am to midnight. 1 free hour of miniature golf and 1 free hour of bike use. Deposit required, subject to availability. 1 bottle of mineral water in the room upon arrival. Entertainment: Daily entertainment for kids and adults (depending on the season) Live music in the main bar / pool area Professional shows in the Theater (indoor and outdoor) All schedules and locations for services are subject to change at the discretion of hotel management. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Marconfort Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Hotel Torremolinos
- Beach Club Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Beach Hotel
- Torremolinos Beach Club Hotel
- Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain