“2nd Time & Loved It Once Again” 4 of 5 stars

Marconfort Beach Club Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C. Pontinental 2, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain   |
Ranked #14 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“2nd Time & Loved It Once Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife and myself stayed at his hotel last year and we decided we would return again this year and we were not disappointed. Last year was a fantastic holiday and this year was just as good if not better. (please see my previous review).
First of all let me start by saying we travelled with Jet2 Holidays and i cannot fault this company whatsoever. Check-ins at both airports were smooth and fast, leg room on the aircraft is also a big welcome and flights were bang on time as were the transfers to and from the resort. Other airlines should take a look at Jet2 and see how holiday makers deserve to be treated. Well done and thank you Jet 2.
Ok, so on to the hotel itself.
I had emailed ahead of our stay and had requested a room facing into Torremolinos as we were facing into Malaga last year and looking onto the sister hotel the Real Punte. I was informed by the receptionist that these are pool facing rooms and are an extra 10 euros a day but she placed us in one anyway at no extra charge so a good start to the holiday there.
Rooms are fairly standard but absolutely spotless with a maid coming in EVERY day to make the bed and change the towels whenever you so wish. You have a TV with mainly local channels but who really watches TV when on holiday? A hair dyer is provided and there is a mains socket in the bedroom and one in the bathroom also (more than enough to get by). I love my balconies and although the one we had was not huge, it certainly was not cramped like some other hotels i have stayed in.
The pool area is a fantastic place to sit back and relax and there are loads of sun beds scattered all around the 4 pools. Plenty of parasols also but these go quickly so grab one right away (you will need it....especially around 1pm - 4pm......scorchio!!)
I need to put a mention out to Cristian here. He's the guy who walks around the pool ALL day and well into the evening. You will see him help out people with parasols and bases etc, empty all the numerous bins that are scattered all around pool and stack up every single bed in a regimented fashion every evening before hosing the whole area down. Help this guy out by putting your used cups etc into the bins instead of leaving them when finished your sunbathing. There were quite a few people I noticed doing this but they were never there long as Cristian was on hand to pick up. Well done mate and you earn every single euro of your pay.
Bar staff are friendly and also very hard workers. I noticed quite an improvement on last year where there were quite large queues forming at busy periods. Seems like this has been resolved, as there was very little queuing to be done and if you did have to queue, it wasn't for very long.
Beers are good too, Amstel on tap and also Cruz Campo Radler (very refreshing on a hot day).
Maybe just one negative for the hotel manager to consider is that we were on an All Inclusive + board basis. My wife likes a Brandy (or 5) but there was no premium brands available....i'm unsure as to what the brandy on offer was...it was ok but thought there would have been a better brand available, so maybe worth looking at that.
The restaurant is a large area, plenty of tables available and also an adults only area set aside. I loved the food and there is ALWAYS a massive selection available to cater for all tastes. Wine, juices, sangria, beer, tea and coffee available at meal times and you could even help yourself to a champagne or bucks fizz at breakfast time.
I'm not going to go into so called bug thing thats being mentioned in a lot of reviews, but let me just say that i tried just about every variety of food that was available, i drank water from the machines and i never felt ill once. I know a few people we talked to had a bit of the runs etc but they were putting it down to over indulgence, too much sun and basically a complete change of life style in a short space of time. The hotel is ensuring that they are doing everything to protect their guests with sanitisers in the bathrooms and you also have to use the one at the dining room before being allowed entry. Even during the daily activities around the pool, your hands are sprayed before handling the air rifles, pistols etc. Personally??????......i don' think the problem lies with the hotel but that's just my opinion and i'm not looking for a knee jerk reaction from others who have fallen sick.
So onto the entertainment and again I cannot fault this. We have probably all been to hotels where the animacion teams provide the evening entertainment and although they work hard in putting these shows on, they are maybe not the best. The Marconfort provides professional entertainment every single night on a rotational basis. Yes......some acts are better than others, but these nights are what YOU make of them and with a few visits to the bar and some great company (Gerry, Ray, Craig & Raymond), we enjoyed every night.
The animacion team work tirelessly throughout the day and also the evening (bingo and show compere etc). If you want to get involved in any of the daily activities then you are made very welcome and they are a good laugh. Again, I would like to give a shout out to Norberto who is one of the entertainers. This guy recognised me from last year (i find that incredible considering the amount of visitors he must deal with on a yearly basis). He makes me smile with his constant interaction with the competitors and actually enjoys what he's doing, so once again well done and thanks for that Norberto.
To summarise......lovely hotel, superb location, great staff, great food and drink and great company...what more can you ask for??? Loved every single minute.....thank you Marconfort Beach.....hope to return soon!!!
Gordy & Margaret

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Antonio R, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Gordy F:

Thank you for sharing your opinion and your deference to choose us for your holiday, is a pleasure for us regulars as you find.

We are pleased that they have again enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your liking, thank you also for the time you've taken in to get your experience at Marconfort through your opinion.

I apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused you not to have the taste of your wife brandy, at the same time to clarify that our all inclusive premium include leading brands of Whisky, rum, Gin and Vodka, even so we got to find a brandy that wished the palate of your wife, again my apologies for this detail.

We reiterate our thanks for your comment and hope to see you soon, we'll be happy to greet you as well as put ourselves at your disposal to make your stay more comfortable and happy.

Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Polish first
Lingfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We returned from 5 days at the marconfort beach club hotel, I was very worried from reading other reviews but we loved it was so clean, food was amazing and staff was so helpful we would definately return

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

Antonio R, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Charlene W:

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion and your deference in choosing us for your holiday.

We are pleased that during your stay you have fully enjoyed our facilities and services.

For us, all opinions are important and we keep the due respect, although some can create doubt future customers, and better that yourself made public that at the Hotel there is no risk, and as they say physicians in the area, these symptomatologies are typical of the season of summer, heat, changes in habits, etc.

We hope to see you again, we will be happy to greet you.

Dungannon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is the first time I have ever been sick on an all inclusive holiday. My sister was sick first for two days, then I was sick. She thought it was the food, I think it was the water. We assumed the water coming from a machine was filtered but now I think it wasn't. The reason I think it was the water was the night I drank two glasses of water was the night I was up sick. I should have stuck to the wine. When we got over that we just made the most of it. The staff were all lovely and the place was spotless. It was probably our own stupidity, I don.t know if you asked for bottled water whether you would get it or not. I loved Torremolinos and would go back there but not to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

Dear Anglea M:

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

We regret that the unwillingness we comment, your stay was not to your liking, if we can guarantee you that the causes of your symptoms are outside the Hotel, at the same time inform that water perfectly meets the required safety parameters and thus consists in the reports of the British company that we audited in relation to health and safety.

We reiterate our thanks for sharing your opinion, and we hope to see you again, we will be at your service so that you can fully enjoy our facilities and services.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Staying for 3 nights as a 'mini honeymoon' with the new wife,

Location

We were pleasantly surprised as to how close it actually is to the beach. There is a large gate at the front by the pool which when opened, the beach is literally a stone throw away. with a few shops nearby and only a few minutes away from the town centre

Bedroom

We stayed in room 302, a double room with a side sea view. While it isn't the largest room I've ever stayed in, it housed us comfortably. Well...I say comfortably, the bed was rather hard and only had 1 long pillow between us, with no more available from reception.
We paid for a sea view, hoping we'd have one of the rooms at the front, but instead we were mainly overlooking a 'wasteland' and a University hospital, but we did get some of the sea so we can't really complain there. Would have also preferred more plug sockets. there was only 1 in the room which was designed for the hairdryer. (and 1 in the bathroom).
While we never rely on the TV in hotels, we only managed to find 5 channels that spoke english, Horror +1, CBS Action, Now Music and 2 local info channels. would have been nice to have a bit more selection even if it's not meant to be the central feature.
The Air conditioning was by far the disappointment of the room, as i've said to the new missus on multiple occasions, you'd have been better off with an old man and a straw.
However i cannot fully moan about everything, the bathroom was very well presented, very clean and all in full working order so thumbs up there. (would just quickly mention that the water temperature fluctuated VERY violently between boiling and freezing at the peak times (5-7pm)

Pool areas

The pool areas were generally very clean, we watched the cleaners scrubbing them every morning and night from the balcony. As always there is a jostle for the sunbeds and no proper regulation of the "Don't leave towels on the sunbeds to reserve them" rule. the Pools themselves are well kept and very inviting. I would thought point your attention to the Parasols. The hut where they are kept smelt worse than a dog food refinery and the bases were very dirty (when you could actually get one)

Hotel Cleanliness

Most people reading this will be worried about the 'bugs'. We didn't notice anything about this from any of the people we talked to. There are hand sanitisers dotted around the hotel, particularly at the toilets and entrance to the restaurant so if there are any bugs, it's down to people not observing good hygiene. Blame them, not the hotel.

I was looking forward to the restaurant and was not disappointed. 4 large rows full of gorgeous food, all fresh and very tasty. cooked and continental breakfasts, plenty of choice at lunch and dinner. and the desserts...oh the desserts...amazing. All the food is confined to one room, not like some hotels where it's some here, some there. Plus as mentioned before you have to sanitise your hands before you can enter. However, and this is a BIG However...
At dinner (evening meal, tea, supper, whatever you call it), it's a mantadory 'long trousers' rule. Now like most people i only had the jeans i came in, so it ended up being a pain to wear them every night. you can get away with shorts below the knee depending who is on the door, but on one evening, a lady (who shall remain anonymous at the request of my wife) refused me entry for shorts at the knee...fair enough. Once i went through and ate, i was APPAULED to see that she was letting in at least 10 (i counted) adults with smaller shorts than i did. Please beware of this.

Entertainment.

Most of the entertainment was in Spanish, (granted that at least half of the hotel was spanish) but there were several (not all) translated into English (and french on the last night) The activities were engaging and varied, from water polo and bingo to rifle shooting and 'sjoelbak'. Overall very good

Overall
The hotel is very nice and as a whole a very pleasant stay, worth recommending to friends and family. A shame about the negative points, mainly with the room and the restaurant entrance.
Thank you Marconfort Beach club for a (mostly) pleasant experience

Mr and Mrs Bowes

Room Tip: Side sea views not as spectacular as you would like them to be
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Antonio R, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Phil B:

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion as well as your deference in choosing us for your holiday.

We are pleased that in general your stay has been to your liking, and also thank you for your comments telling your experience Marconfort, and from here we apologize for any inconvenience that these small details that tell us you may have caused, the hotel, as you could well see, offers information on standards and rules to keep a better environment, in general all our customers meet although there may be some isolated case that does not meet them in full.

We also want to let know you that we take good note of your suggestions, and just as we always do, we will get to work on them to improve these details, and also thank you for your sincerity Reaffirming that, although there are comments that may be alarming, in the hotel there is no alarm or risk of disease, as also saying that at all times we are monitoring and doing the relevant work to ensure a comfortable and pleasant stay to our client.

We hope to see you again soon, we are happy to greet you and put ourselves at your disposal in order to make that your stay as comfortable and happy as possible.

waterford ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

On arriving at hotel the reception staff were very helpful. The piano bar is a nice relaxing bar with comfy seats and free wifi.
Downstairs is the magnum bar , which has an outside entertainment area. The entertainment staff are very good and work hard. The evening shows at 10 o'clock were poor enough and just about watchable.
On entering the food restaurant you have to use hand sanitiser . The food is repetitive buT the kids liked the pizza and pasta bar. On the Sunday night myself and husband had a selection of cheese from the cheese table , and oh my god we were both violently sick that night . We took turns vomiting . I would say the cheese had gone off in the heat. After been violently sick I was very careful what I ate and lived on bread rolls and fruit for the rest of the holiday.
We made the most of our stay and enjoyed the hiring the bikes from the hotel and cycling along the promenade. The hotel situation is lovely right on the beach.

Room Tip: Rom with a pool view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Madmumto3:

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

We are pleased that they have greatly enjoyed the stay, and we regret that our gastronomic offer is not reached your expectations.

We regret that they have passed an unwillingness, if you can guarantee that cheese served at the dinner you mention perfectly meets the set parameters and thus consists in the health records.

We reiterate our thanks for sharing your opinion and hope pdoer see you again, we will be delighted to greet you.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Good location, food is reasonable but needs to be kept hot and meat needs to be cooked thoroughly. Never suffered from a bug abroad before and we go away regularly. Witnessed guests being violently sick by the poolside and along with many others we also had to endure it. Something is seriously wrong in relation to hygiene. We were also shocked at how many Spanish guests simply didn't wash their hands after using the toilets in the public areas just awful. The hotel needs to address the Dreaded Bug it is an ongoing problem and is isolated to this hotel within the local area. If any of your party are elderly please consider this as Ellie has previously stated. Would not return because of the bug.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Caroline B:

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

We are pleased that our facilities and cuisine have been to your liking.

About the comment made about the personal hygiene of some customers, we regret that this happens, in all our areas there are signs informing of hands as well as various information relating to this topic, to wash, We know that the majority respects these standards, however we can not control individually to our visitors, but I can assure you that this comments will be some isolated cases, since, I repeat, in general and regardless of nationality, all our customers are well aware about the health, believe me.

We reiterate our thanks for sharing your opinion and we hope that we can see again, we will be happy to greet you and help make your stay more comfortable and happy as possible.

Cwmbran, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed here in July for 4 nights. Good location, close to beach, live entertainment every evening. Food was varied, rooms nice and clean with sea view. But "The bug" ruined the holiday. Within 12 hours of arriving my friend had sickness and diarrhoea, which lasted for the duration of our holiday, I then caught it on the last day which made travelling home a nightmare. I do hope the hotel takes note of all the reviews re "the bug" and puts a plan in place to resolve this problem.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Deb W:

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

We regret that because of your unavailability not you enjoyed fully your holidays.

We want to inform, taking advantage of your comment, that the Hotel always is concerned about the well-being and safety of our customers, as we also guarantee that we strictly comply with all health parameters required by the law, also have a British company that we audited daily in relation to safety and health, which through its test and analysis ensures that you there is nothing abnormal in the Hotel.

Comment that this type of symptomatologies occur along the coast and thus consists in the medical records of the area, being the possible causes the heat, change of habits, etc.

We reiterate our thanks for sharing your opinion and we hope to see you again, we will be happy to greet you.

Best regards.

Been to Marconfort Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!