Staying for 3 nights as a 'mini honeymoon' with the new wife,
We were pleasantly surprised as to how close it actually is to the beach. There is a large gate at the front by the pool which when opened, the beach is literally a stone throw away. with a few shops nearby and only a few minutes away from the town centre
We stayed in room 302, a double room with a side sea view. While it isn't the largest room I've ever stayed in, it housed us comfortably. Well...I say comfortably, the bed was rather hard and only had 1 long pillow between us, with no more available from reception.
We paid for a sea view, hoping we'd have one of the rooms at the front, but instead we were mainly overlooking a 'wasteland' and a University hospital, but we did get some of the sea so we can't really complain there. Would have also preferred more plug sockets. there was only 1 in the room which was designed for the hairdryer. (and 1 in the bathroom).
While we never rely on the TV in hotels, we only managed to find 5 channels that spoke english, Horror +1, CBS Action, Now Music and 2 local info channels. would have been nice to have a bit more selection even if it's not meant to be the central feature.
The Air conditioning was by far the disappointment of the room, as i've said to the new missus on multiple occasions, you'd have been better off with an old man and a straw.
However i cannot fully moan about everything, the bathroom was very well presented, very clean and all in full working order so thumbs up there. (would just quickly mention that the water temperature fluctuated VERY violently between boiling and freezing at the peak times (5-7pm)
The pool areas were generally very clean, we watched the cleaners scrubbing them every morning and night from the balcony. As always there is a jostle for the sunbeds and no proper regulation of the "Don't leave towels on the sunbeds to reserve them" rule. the Pools themselves are well kept and very inviting. I would thought point your attention to the Parasols. The hut where they are kept smelt worse than a dog food refinery and the bases were very dirty (when you could actually get one)
Most people reading this will be worried about the 'bugs'. We didn't notice anything about this from any of the people we talked to. There are hand sanitisers dotted around the hotel, particularly at the toilets and entrance to the restaurant so if there are any bugs, it's down to people not observing good hygiene. Blame them, not the hotel.
I was looking forward to the restaurant and was not disappointed. 4 large rows full of gorgeous food, all fresh and very tasty. cooked and continental breakfasts, plenty of choice at lunch and dinner. and the desserts...oh the desserts...amazing. All the food is confined to one room, not like some hotels where it's some here, some there. Plus as mentioned before you have to sanitise your hands before you can enter. However, and this is a BIG However...
At dinner (evening meal, tea, supper, whatever you call it), it's a mantadory 'long trousers' rule. Now like most people i only had the jeans i came in, so it ended up being a pain to wear them every night. you can get away with shorts below the knee depending who is on the door, but on one evening, a lady (who shall remain anonymous at the request of my wife) refused me entry for shorts at the knee...fair enough. Once i went through and ate, i was APPAULED to see that she was letting in at least 10 (i counted) adults with smaller shorts than i did. Please beware of this.
Most of the entertainment was in Spanish, (granted that at least half of the hotel was spanish) but there were several (not all) translated into English (and french on the last night) The activities were engaging and varied, from water polo and bingo to rifle shooting and 'sjoelbak'. Overall very good
The hotel is very nice and as a whole a very pleasant stay, worth recommending to friends and family. A shame about the negative points, mainly with the room and the restaurant entrance.
Thank you Marconfort Beach club for a (mostly) pleasant experience
Mr and Mrs Bowes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel is known for its excellent All Inclusive plan and great location on the Seafront Promenade ("Paseo Maritimo") in Torremolinos, right by one of the destination's top beaches. This lovely property has three outdoor pools and direct access to Playamar beach. All of the spacious and bright guestrooms at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel All Inclusive are outfitted with amenities like panoramic views, a furnished balcony, a spacious private bathroom with hairdryer, and satellite TV with international channels; you'll also find safes for rent, along with free WiFi connection. In addition to daytime and nighttime entertainment, guests can also enjoy a wide range of activities. The hotel has a terrace with loungers by the pool, a gym, a heated pool*, a jacuzzi* and a sauna* (*open seasonally). You'll also come across a game room with billiards and darts, free bike rental, free miniature golf and a playground. Marconfort Beach Club Hotel has free WiFi in common areas. You'll also find a spacious buffet restaurant with a variety of specialties like an Italian corner, a kebab corner, live show cooking, international cuisine and an adults only area. Guests can also enjoy two bars, including one located by the pool. The reception desk is open 24 hours a day, and the hotel has a tourist information desk with services like car rental and tour bookings. The property is located just over one mile from downtown Torremolinos and only three miles from Malaga Airport. The hotel also has bikes available in addition to car rental. ***ALL INCLUSIVE PLAN**** With the All Inclusive plan at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, you'll have access to numerous services to help you enjoy your stay in Torremolinos to the fullest. Access to the heated pool (open seasonally) is included, along with access to the hotel's facilities. (Except for the sauna, which has an extra cost.) Heated pool access is available for a limited number of guests and only during pool hours; children must be under parental supervision. Heated pool open from November 1 - April 30. Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel's main restaurant. Access to the hotel gym. Meals, in addition to snacks like fruit and ice cream at the hotel restaurant outside of regular meal hours. All alcoholic drinks are national brands. Included are beer, non-alcoholic beer, wine, soft drinks, shakes and liquor (with and without alcohol) at all hotel bars. Note: Premium brand international and national drinks have an additional cost and are not included. All inclusive drinks are served from 9:30am to midnight. 1 free hour of miniature golf and 1 free hour of bike use. Deposit required, subject to availability. 1 bottle of mineral water in the room upon arrival. Entertainment: Daily entertainment for kids and adults (depending on the season) Live music in the main bar / pool area Professional shows in the Theater (indoor and outdoor) All schedules and locations for services are subject to change at the discretion of hotel management. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marconfort Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Hotel Torremolinos
- Beach Club Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Beach Hotel
- Torremolinos Beach Club Hotel
- Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain