“Short break” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 73 Hotels in Torremolinos
leicester
“Short break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was very pleased the the cleanliness and the friendly staff. The rooms where basic but very clean.
Over the road from the beach, and good enough nightly entertainment. The food was good changed daily and enough of a choice for even the pickiest eaters.
The drink measurements were huge and staff were really good and spoke enough English.

Room Tip: we had a room right outside the lift but was really quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear kierrah30 :
First of all, thank you for choosing Marconfort Beach Club hotel for your stay in Torremolinos.
We would also like to thank you for sharing your experience at our Hotel with all Tripadvisor users as an external opinion of the Hotel has for us a high value.
Whenever life brings you back to Torremolinos, we will be pleased to receive you back into Marconfort Beach Club Hotel.
Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Have to say I am shocked at all the 5 star reviews...

Room was ok. Yes dated but clean. Air con didn't work neither did the the patio door open. Very quick to send maintenance man up but never actually fixed faults....

Food..... I was appalled at quality and lack of variety. Maybe we are used to superior hols as this was a last min trip. Pasta swimming in water, meats were sometimes uncooked my husband had a raw sausage one evening. One thing I didn't like was staff helping them self at peak times. Can't the kitchen do staff meals???

The pool area was clean, the pool itself we never saw once being cleaned. Full of sand and debris. Disgusting. After raising this it fell on deaf ears. Sun beds v hard so bring a LILO or buy one, cheaper just down the road than at hotel shop

For the money we spent this was not what we paid for. 2* tops. Use money and go elsewhere!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Pepper2107 :
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.
I am deeply sorry to hear that your stay did not entirely meet your expectation. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
I have noted your different comments that I will immediately share them with the head of departments concerned for their awareness and follow up to avoid any occurrence in the future.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and it's our hope that you will give us an other opportunity to show you our high standard services .
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Hi
well I don't even know where to start this review. but here goes, I booked our hoiday for 2 adults and 5 children last aug!!. and after reading loads of mixed reviews I struggled to come to my own conclusion. well here it is. We had an absolute ball here. My kids loved Joya who was one of the entertainment girls and she is brill with the kids. ( please tll her lily says hi!!). The food is varied and meat and pizza is cooked while you wait at lunch and evening meals. Its yummy. I enjoyed trying al the food I have never eaten before. Paco ( my seanys best friend!!!) works the bar and the restaurant. he is a lovely man and he added that extra magic to our stay. my kids adored him. All the staff are extra friendly. it makes a holiday even better. I loved Santi who worked the bar. hes such a delight and made us all laugh on a regular basis. The adult games are brill nuberto ( sorry for the misspelling of his name). Oh my days, he had me in fits of laughter (security)!! I tried my nest every day to win a certificate to be presented with it in the evening, but I didn't won one :( although my husband Paul did. it currently resides in the kitchen. The adults games and the kids games are brill. The pools are amazing. although I found my kids preferred the indoor heated pool opposed to the outdoor pool. The bug! what bug!!!! everyone i had spoke to had told me of their travels but when they visited this hotel they found it to be the one and they had never heard of any bug in all the years they had come, I must have spoken to over a 100 people. I am chatterbox haha. I was loving cocktail of the day and I loved strolling over to the beach, cocktail in hand to enjoy the glorious sunshine by the Mediterranean coastline. the evening entertainment was bloody fab, and I myself along with my husband as chosen to participate in the magic show. note to self, when I return next year, don't sit at the front haha.. I was gutted the jersey boys were not preforming the week I holidayed but the gorgeous and very talented motown legends made me laugh with their song and show act. as you can sense. ( hopefully) we really enjoyed it, this hotel is very family orientated. 3 of my children are under 6 and I never felt more safe at this hotel with them. would I recommend this hotel. hell yeah. would I return, im in the process of getting a bigger party to come and were going to book asap. if you want to ask me anything about my stay. feel free to email me at teresalalley@hotmail.com
I was so sad to leave this place. don't any bad comments. some people like a good old moan for nothing. this hotel is brilliant oh one last thing, the cleaners deserve a medal, they never stop cleaning. they work really hard. I've never seen such cleanliness . Thank to the management for mine and my husbands surprise bottle of sparkling win on ice on both our birthdays throughout the week, it really made it even better. see you next year!!!

Dear teresalal :
Many thanks for sharing this review with the world! At Marconfort Beach Club we continuously strive to provide our guests with an enjoyable and memorable holiday experience and from your comments it seems as though we achieved this.
Our team certainly is an excellent one and we thank you for highlighting the fantastic service provided by our team. I particularly appreciate you taking the time to mention Joya , Norberto and Paco and of course the general, they are truly our best asset! I will pass on your praises to them all!
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

What can we say absolutely brilliant ! we went with an open mind and having read some of the very few bad reviews we are struggling to find anything at all to complain about .We were very impressed with the whole layout of the hotel , quiet areas for a nice baileys coffee or relaxing outside with the cocktail of the day . Plenty of activities . FOOD - everybody's palette and preference is catered for and the choice was endless whatever your taste . Staff - very friendly and polite . Cleanliness spot on ! Entertainment - generally very good , better than Britain's got talent ! We went across to the beach every day , drinks in hand and enjoyed the friendly hospitality of Tanya from whom we hired the sunbeds . WE WILL BE RETURNING ASAP !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear michellegraffham :
On behalf of the entire team of Manconfort Beach Hotel, I want to convey our sincere thanks for taking your time and explain to all readers of Tripadvisor your expertise in our Hotel during your stay in Torremolinos.
These assessments help us to know that our daily efforts in each of ours departments they are reflected in customer satisfaction and above all help us to continue in improvements to offer all our customers the best experience in their stays in Marconfort Beach Hotel.
If you return back to Torremolinos, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Leicester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

General
Visited 14/10/13
Hotel is 30 minutes to centre of Torremolinos best get a bus from outside the hotel. Train station 10 minutes walk slightly uphill. Train goes right along coast from Malaga to Feungerola easy and cheap to use. Promenade is for miles both ways a nice stroll at night.
Hotel
Hotel is spacious with lots of seating but can get busy at night. Drinks service is quick with minimal waiting at peak times, all drinks available on all inclusive can be local brands. Four lifts again waiting at peak times only. Bedrooms ask for a high room with a low number up to 13 to get best views. If you arrive early wait for a room do not agree to go in sister hotel for one night. Bedroom was spacious but you need to take some hangers. Mattress was a bit hard and waterproof cover was uncomfortable. Ask for extra pillows or a change of mattress they will try their best. Hairdryer, handsoap,shower gel and toothbrushes supplied. Rooms and corridors were cleaned daily we had no complaints. Make your own coffee available all day in lobby.
Pool Area
Lots of sunbeds, we were out of season, anytime of the day. Sunbeds are hard so you need to buy a lilo from shop down the prom, half hotels price, or pick up one last week’s guests had left. Music round pool could be a bit loud but you could get away from it. Pool area was generally clean but old drinks did get left sometimes.
Beach
Short walk over the prom to beach and soft sunbeds for 7 Euro for two. You could easily nip back to hotel using back gate for a drink or toilet.
A good range of food at all meals. Full English breakfasts, cold and hot meals at all times. There was a lot of pork and food was cooked in a lot of olive oil but did not ruin the taste. There was always a pizza/pasta area and at least two items being cooked while you wait at the main service area. Drinks were help yourself whether soft or alcoholic.
Area
Use the local buses, trains and ferries to go along the coast. Fuengerola and Belamedena are beautiful particularly the marinas. With a couple of changes it is possible to get a bus to Marbella to see how the other half live.
Entertainment
Due to time of year this was inside, the room got very hot and it was difficult to see the performance. Some shows were brilliant, Jersey Boys and Decodent others average. There seemed plenty to do for the kids. During the day there was a full programme of games for children and adults.
In general a nice hotel, clean with average to good service and food quality. Taking into account the cost of the all inclusive holiday it was great value.

Room Tip: High floor low number
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LeicesterFoxesFC :
Thank you for sharing your experiences with the Trip advisor community; it was a pleasure to read your review and we are sure this has helped many travelers confirm that Marconfort Beach Club Hotel is the perfect hotel for their vacation.
We are pleased that you loved it here; we will share your positive comments with our staff; it encourages them to continue working hard.
Please do not forget that we will be pleased to welcome you back at any time.
Renfrew, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just got back from a week's holiday with my husband & 2 kids (7&4). Loved the hotel. Great food (even pizza & pasta each night for any fussy eaters) - you could pretty much eat all day! Very clean, lovely public areas and pools are excellent. Great activities during the day for adults & kids and varied entertainment each night including mini disco for kids & shows specifically aimed at families. Staff were all really friendly. Def want to come back again next year.

Dear JackieXG :
Thank you for posting feedback on your recent holiday at the Marconfort Beach Club Hotel.
We are very pleased to receive positive comments from our customers as they are very motivating and rewarding. We appreciate every feedback which helps us to understand customer needs and so improve our services.
Thanks again for expressing your opinion and we look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Just returned from a week long holiday with my husband and two kids (4 and 1). This hotel is fantastic! Food is excellent, hotel is very clean and staff great. The animation team were brilliant and my 4 year old loved going to the activities, taking part and winning a certificate if he was 1st or 2nd place. The kids disco at night was great and the shows especially the Charlie Chaplin and Magic show were fab. We were on the 1st floor and didn't hear noise at all from
Entertainment when in room. We put kids to bed and sat on balcony with a cocktail and relaxed after busy day.
We are looking to return next October school week too as all loved it so much!

Stayed October 2013
Dear Michellehunter1 :
Thank you for your sharing your holiday experience of the Marconfort Beach Hotel with other Trip Advisor users. We are very happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and I am very pleased at we were able to meet all your holiday expectations.
Kind regards.

Been to Marconfort Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!