“Make up your own mind.” 4 of 5 stars

Marconfort Beach Club Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C. Pontinental 2, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain   |
Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Torremolinos
Cork, Ireland
“Make up your own mind.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Here we go.I read all the reviews post booking this hotel last january and agonised over them all worrying about the food,bug,etc.We stayed in one of the 10(I think) large corner family rooms(dated but fine) with huge balcony with views of the mountain behind stretching across the seafront to malaga. We stayed from 4th to 18th of June and the hotel was getting visibly busier but never waited for a table at meal times or wait more than a minute at the bar.Large pool area.Food was excellent,lots of choice bar breakfast.Entertainment varied (jersey boys and the four tops were brilliant) but you can't have everything.Club across the road was noisy about three nights in the week and funnily enough the sound carries up more to higher floors.We were a party of ten and none of us got sick.I saw a couple of men not washing their hands exiting the toilets so I wouldn't blame the kids for everything.The facilities are there to sanitize so it's up to you.
Bus stop to town centre outside the door and train stop 10mins walk away.Taxi 18 euro from airport.
The bar and catering staff are extremely hard working and a credit to their manager.
We are hoping to return in 2014. We took the risk and loved it but ultimately ,it's up to the individual

• Stayed June 2013
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear MarkRyan77 :
I am so glad that you have taken the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit. We have been working hard to make Marconfort Beach Club Hotel a very special place in service and facilities, and I am glad you felt we were able to provide you such an experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Torremolinos whenever your travel plans permit.
Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had book this hotel originally for the week before I stayed but due to the French air traffic control strike the my flight got cancelled, but thanks to a very helpful gentleman at the Hotel called Miguel I had managed to reschedule for later date free of charge (Thanks again Miguel).

On arrival the check-in went smooth and we were given room on the 10th floor with a beach view, the room was basic but clean. Unfortunately the walls between rooms are not sound proofed, we had a heavy snorer next door and sometimes it was just impossible to sleep. Hopefully the drinks at the bar were good and plenty so it definitely helped with the sleeping.

Another thing which could be improved are the lifts one was constantly refusing to go to the 10th floor so we had to go to 9th and then walk, not a big problem but having a notice posted by the lifts informing of some temporary problems with one of them would be nice especially for those not keen or unable to walk.

The pool area was excellent as were both bars serving good selection of cocktails. The staff was professional and always helpful.

Entertainment was more family oriented but one can find something to participate in if wishes to regardless.

Unfortunately the restaurant and especially buffet style meals were a great disappointment and if not for the other good things I would be very reluctant to mark this hotel anything above Average. The quality and variety was generally average but most of the time could find something decent to eat anyway. Biggest disappointment was that most the food was COLD and we had generally attended meals just after the service started. So I'm not surprised that some people complained on contracting a bug in previous reviews as generally the food suppose to be served hot otherwise if it falls below certain temperature it's becoming a breeding ground for germs and other things.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear M and K :
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am most concerned about your comments and I sincerely regret that you have left our hotel which such a negative feeling.
Please allow us to take all points have you mentioned and allow us to look into the areas where we have failed to meet your expectation.
Please be rest assured that your constructive feedback has been shared with our team .
We hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion you will allow us to serve you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Marconfort Beach Club hotel
Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Well wot can we say we took a 10 day all inclusive stay hear two adults two children age four and seven and it was fantastic, the hotel is kept to a high standard and the food is one of the best we have had for a long long time, the staff at the restaurant where fantastic and always made our children feel very welcome, never had to queue for anything at all, the rooms where cleaned everyday beds made ect, the pools where spotless as was the full hotel, the staff work very hard to give you the holiday you would expect, one or to do need to smile more tho ??? minor problem. We went across the road to the beach and antonia who ran the beds with the blue and white flag was fantastic, she came over every time and gave my girls a big bucket to fill with water so we could stay near the beds without having to go down to the beach all the time. The walks to benalmadena was fantastic a must, also the shopping in torremolinos was very good as the wife told me, all in all a very nice place with lots to do. Thank you to all the staff for a fantastic holiday

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear t23sky :
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Marconfort Beach Hotel. It gives us a great pleasure to learn that you and your family enjoyed your holiday with us.
We do appreciate very much that you chose us to be your host in Torremolinos, and thank you so much for sharing with us a moment that mean so much for you and your family.
Your continued patronage is the utmost importance, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

When I booked my trip to Torremolinos I was looking for a quiet place to rest. All inclusive was good option even if the hotel is outside the center city (which this hotel is). It's about 30 min walking to the city center (Torremolinos). You can rent bikes for free (one hour only) from the hotel but you have to pay 30 euro deposit and they charge you 3 euro/hour (after the first free hour). Crazy! "All inclusive"

The first impression I've got was not good, I asked for a map and what I've got was a cheap printed A4 paper you could not see anything.

The rooms are lost in the 70's. The double bed was not comfortable and small, 140 cm. Noisy from the club (at the beach). Plastic cheap cups in the rooms for a 4 star hotel???

The internet is not included, its free and "fast" according the guy at the desk, in reception area. When I tried to use I couldnt read news, see any pic (the internet felt very begining of 1990). Slower internet you can get for 40 EURO/week at the rooms. Insane! "All inclusive"

The pool was very crowded and noisy, lots of families (in 30s) and their first child(ren).

The restaurant is worse than a fast food restaurant where you go inside, you eat and you leave as soon as you've finished. Very old restaurant, messy, looks cheap and the food was not the best either.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Peter F :
Thank you for your sharing your feedback with other Tripadvisor users.
I deeply regret that you did not like our facilities and services.
Bike hire is free for all our customers have the opportunity to make use of them, just ask for a deposit that is returned when the bike is delivered after this time charge per hour of service.
Our internet service is free in the hotel lobby, what often happens is that many users are connected at the same time and can occur sometimes do not go as fast as we want.
Also I'm sorry you did not like the decor of the hotel but I have to say that it was an extensive renovation in 2011, clearly understand that not all our customers would be like, however, and for the rest of users read this response have real knowledge, I leave the link where you can see that we are closer to 2013 than the 70.
Carlow, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

stayed here in mid june as a family of 3 ,myself my husband and 15 year old daughter ,hotel is very clean ,food good ,but i am lactose intolerant so this was a problem for me as a lot of things had cream in or on them ,the rooms do not have a fridge in them , i brought milk with me but it went off in 2 day cause i had know where to keep it cool ,entertainment at night was indoors ,would have like it to be outdoors ....... the do have an outdoors stage ...... my daughter love the place she made some good friends ,but there was very little to do for her age group its about 10 to 15 mins walk to town .would i stay here again? NO

Room Tip: we stayed in room 701 it has a fab view ,so look for a room on higher level
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear pmireland_11 :
Thanks for sharing your feedback with other Tripadvisor users.
Thank you generally have a good opinion of our facilities and I am very sorry that we could not exceed your expectations.
In relation to lactose must tell you that both restaurant and in the bars and also at the reception, we have fridges for the customer to stop needing cooling products, maybe we did not give good information, however, the hotel lactose-free products available that are available to the customer in our restaurant.
I hope you can change your mind and decide to come back with us.
kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Returned to the Marconfort again with my sister Gloria.Jan & Maureen .a few changes but even so the management put themselves out to make us comfortable.Couldnt fault the weather,a bit windy at times but its the same everywhere.Liked the entertainment in the Piano Bar & enjoyed "the jersey boys. I would like to mention that I would of liked more choice of potatoes as not everbody likes chips.Thanks to Louise.Antonio.Paco & last but not least Hose on reception from-.
Mags.Kent

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear magsKent :

We want to thank all of you for trusting again in our hotel. Three visits in just over a year is to be admired.
The chef will communicate their suggestions regarding laas potatoes, but as you know, we always have one more type of potato in our buffet plus fries.
Greetings to Gloria (I hope you have recovered from the cold), Jan & Maureen.
Hockley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I went here about two weeks ago with my sister (before when I came here around the same time last year was with my boyfriend).
It is a lovely resort; the staff are friendly, the food is lovely and the area is lovely!
Honestly I would definitely come again.

The beach is just outside the hotel.
There is a huge variety of food, from pizza to paella and roast duck! they do a theme every dinner so you have your usual veggie options, fish dish, meat dish, carb dish, vegetable side dish, pasta and pizza bar (this is served at lunch and dinner) full English, continental for breakfast. and dinner they have an extra option of roast duck, pork, paella, ribs etc etc.
They have bike hire free for an hour, which was enough time for me and my sister to leisurely cycle along torremolinos beach front in the bike lane which was lovely and we did this more than once.
The sun beds are decent and there is a lot of them.
I would say the only downside to this holiday was the people above us walking around in heels at 12am onwards sometimes to 3am (which wasn’t nice!) maybe put a notice in the room to make people aware that heels do make a sound downstairs!? and the fact that there is no designated smoking area around the pool which means you get smokers all around you, which is unpleasant if you are non-smoker, and although I don’t have children there was a lot of children around and I don’t think I would like my kids to be around the smoke. I would also say that the bathrooms are very dark and it would be nice if more lights were installed.

But all in all the hotel is lovely and cheap, you honestly get a good deal for what you pay for.
I would come back as even though there are some downpoints the good do outway the bad :)

Room Tip: high up and sea & pool view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear kim r :
Thank you for staying with us once again at Marconfort Beach Club and for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are so thrilled that you experienced yet ‘another excellent stay’ with us.
As a loyal and regular guest you will be aware that we are very proud of all our amazing staff and are just delighted that you think so too! We love catering to all our guest’s individual needs and pride ourselves on the ability to create a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
Unfortunately in the pool can not put smoking area because it is a outdoor área.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Marconfort Beach Club Hotel.
Kkind regards.

Been to Marconfort Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!