“Stuck in the 70s” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 74 hotels in Torremolinos
Stockholm, Sweden
“Stuck in the 70s”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

When I booked my trip to Torremolinos I was looking for a quiet place to rest. All inclusive was good option even if the hotel is outside the center city (which this hotel is). It's about 30 min walking to the city center (Torremolinos). You can rent bikes for free (one hour only) from the hotel but you have to pay 30 euro deposit and they charge you 3 euro/hour (after the first free hour). Crazy! "All inclusive"

The first impression I've got was not good, I asked for a map and what I've got was a cheap printed A4 paper you could not see anything.

The rooms are lost in the 70's. The double bed was not comfortable and small, 140 cm. Noisy from the club (at the beach). Plastic cheap cups in the rooms for a 4 star hotel???

The internet is not included, its free and "fast" according the guy at the desk, in reception area. When I tried to use I couldnt read news, see any pic (the internet felt very begining of 1990). Slower internet you can get for 40 EURO/week at the rooms. Insane! "All inclusive"

The pool was very crowded and noisy, lots of families (in 30s) and their first child(ren).

The restaurant is worse than a fast food restaurant where you go inside, you eat and you leave as soon as you've finished. Very old restaurant, messy, looks cheap and the food was not the best either.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Peter F :
Thank you for your sharing your feedback with other Tripadvisor users.
I deeply regret that you did not like our facilities and services.
Bike hire is free for all our customers have the opportunity to make use of them, just ask for a deposit that is returned when the bike is delivered after this time charge per hour of service.
Our internet service is free in the hotel lobby, what often happens is that many users are connected at the same time and can occur sometimes do not go as fast as we want.
Also I'm sorry you did not like the decor of the hotel but I have to say that it was an extensive renovation in 2011, clearly understand that not all our customers would be like, however, and for the rest of users read this response have real knowledge, I leave the link where you can see that we are closer to 2013 than the 70.

1,238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Polish first
Carlow, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

stayed here in mid june as a family of 3 ,myself my husband and 15 year old daughter ,hotel is very clean ,food good ,but i am lactose intolerant so this was a problem for me as a lot of things had cream in or on them ,the rooms do not have a fridge in them , i brought milk with me but it went off in 2 day cause i had know where to keep it cool ,entertainment at night was indoors ,would have like it to be outdoors ....... the do have an outdoors stage ...... my daughter love the place she made some good friends ,but there was very little to do for her age group its about 10 to 15 mins walk to town .would i stay here again? NO

Room Tip: we stayed in room 701 it has a fab view ,so look for a room on higher level
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear pmireland_11 :
Thanks for sharing your feedback with other Tripadvisor users.
Thank you generally have a good opinion of our facilities and I am very sorry that we could not exceed your expectations.
In relation to lactose must tell you that both restaurant and in the bars and also at the reception, we have fridges for the customer to stop needing cooling products, maybe we did not give good information, however, the hotel lactose-free products available that are available to the customer in our restaurant.
I hope you can change your mind and decide to come back with us.
kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Returned to the Marconfort again with my sister Gloria.Jan & Maureen .a few changes but even so the management put themselves out to make us comfortable.Couldnt fault the weather,a bit windy at times but its the same everywhere.Liked the entertainment in the Piano Bar & enjoyed "the jersey boys. I would like to mention that I would of liked more choice of potatoes as not everbody likes chips.Thanks to Louise.Antonio.Paco & last but not least Hose on reception from-.
Mags.Kent

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear magsKent :

We want to thank all of you for trusting again in our hotel. Three visits in just over a year is to be admired.
The chef will communicate their suggestions regarding laas potatoes, but as you know, we always have one more type of potato in our buffet plus fries.
Greetings to Gloria (I hope you have recovered from the cold), Jan & Maureen.
Hockley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I went here about two weeks ago with my sister (before when I came here around the same time last year was with my boyfriend).
It is a lovely resort; the staff are friendly, the food is lovely and the area is lovely!
Honestly I would definitely come again.

The beach is just outside the hotel.
There is a huge variety of food, from pizza to paella and roast duck! they do a theme every dinner so you have your usual veggie options, fish dish, meat dish, carb dish, vegetable side dish, pasta and pizza bar (this is served at lunch and dinner) full English, continental for breakfast. and dinner they have an extra option of roast duck, pork, paella, ribs etc etc.
They have bike hire free for an hour, which was enough time for me and my sister to leisurely cycle along torremolinos beach front in the bike lane which was lovely and we did this more than once.
The sun beds are decent and there is a lot of them.
I would say the only downside to this holiday was the people above us walking around in heels at 12am onwards sometimes to 3am (which wasn’t nice!) maybe put a notice in the room to make people aware that heels do make a sound downstairs!? and the fact that there is no designated smoking area around the pool which means you get smokers all around you, which is unpleasant if you are non-smoker, and although I don’t have children there was a lot of children around and I don’t think I would like my kids to be around the smoke. I would also say that the bathrooms are very dark and it would be nice if more lights were installed.

But all in all the hotel is lovely and cheap, you honestly get a good deal for what you pay for.
I would come back as even though there are some downpoints the good do outway the bad :)

Room Tip: high up and sea & pool view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear kim r :
Thank you for staying with us once again at Marconfort Beach Club and for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are so thrilled that you experienced yet ‘another excellent stay’ with us.
As a loyal and regular guest you will be aware that we are very proud of all our amazing staff and are just delighted that you think so too! We love catering to all our guest’s individual needs and pride ourselves on the ability to create a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
Unfortunately in the pool can not put smoking area because it is a outdoor área.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Marconfort Beach Club Hotel.
Kkind regards.
Great Britain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Have been to the Beach Club about five times but I must say that this holiday was the best yet. The food was great and the maître'd keeps unruly children in check by insisting they stop running about. (The parents enjoy a quiet meal while the rest of us try not to spill hot soup over the little darlings). The variety of food on offer was excellent and the chefs specials were delicious. The rooms are cleaned to a high standard and the staff are friendly and helpful. We took my 80 year old mum with us this time and the staff couldn't have kinder, ensuring she had a seat and offering to carry her cup of tea when she decided to go walkabout. We were in rooms 703 and 704 which were very quiet and overlooked the pool. The outdoor pool was very cold so it would have been nice to have a swim in the indoor pool but it is only open in the winter months. The hotel next door the Belplaya also drain their indoor pool in the summer so if you like a swim be prepared for a shock. We enjoyed ourselves so much we are hoping to return at Christmas

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear BubblesGreatBritain :
Thank you for your fifth visit to our Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, we are very proud that our regular customers we comment that every time they come is better than before and this has been without doubt the best of all.
When you return for the month of December, we will try to surprise you again and to continue exceeding your expectations.
Thanks again and best regards from Torremolinos.
glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

just back from this hotel, never slept a night the bed was so uncomfortable, didn't notice until I was leaving that the whole of of it should have been tossed in the dump, the mattress was covered in blood and the base was falling to bits, the furniture in the bedroom was of very poor quality suitable for a 2 star, the food was awful not a lot of choice is was all a bit repetitive, the staff on reception was very helpful and pleasant, bar staff and dining staff all very serious a couple of them were pleasant , nothing to do in the area no bars near by, entertainment in the piano bar was every second night and it wasn't up to much entertainment down the stair was ok but the smell in it was awful, bathroom was really small not a lot of room to get dried in it, would I go back !!! NEVER ,would I recommend it !!!!!!!! NO ,,

Dear swivlehips :

Thanks for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor, but I mean, that this review is posted by you with the intention of creating a bad image of our hotel, and I explain:
The photos you show the bathroom, are pictures that do not belong to her room and that you have taken to another room at that time was under renovation. Anyone think we can have a room in this state for use by the client?, If this is true, it is clear that once you have gone to reception to change the room, at least I as a customer, I would have.
In the other picture you show, shows a general view of the bathroom in perfect condition, it is strange then, that then show another picture altogether.
I respect all opinions of customers and try to learn from our mistakes, but never share a customer wants to intentionally harm a hotel, simply because you did not like the hotel.
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We did not book this hotel as we did not want a quiet Beach Holiday, we were transferred after their sister Hotel in the Centre of town overbooked!! The Hotel is right on the Beach, very clean and the staff friendly, especially the Receptionists and Bar Staff. Considering it was supposed to be better than the original 3 star hotel the food was not that clever, mostly overcooked and not a very good choice, I have never seen a Chef carving Chicken legs before! the Hotel was A.I so I could not see the point of having staff on the door before entering to the Restaurant, a little more emphasis on the food and less pontificating would help. There were no snacks available by the pool areas, apart from Crisps, nuts etc, Burgers etc were available in the Dining area. The Hotel is isolated and if you want to eat out or go to shops, bars you need to walk a fair way to have a decent choice, it would help if the Hotel ran a shuttle bus as the centre of Torremolinos is elevated and a long walk. Having said all this If you are looking for a quiet location close to the Beach and don't want to venture far this Hotel will be ideal. I would like to thank the Receptionist for sorting out the problems with the return transfer after the change of Hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Christof528783 :

First I want to thank you for your good opinion about our hotel and apologize on behalf of Marconfort Hotels by hotel change due to technical problems in our system.
I understand that what you wanted was a totally different hotel location to which we have on the beach, but again I appreciate your opinion.
We regret any inconvenience it may have caused.
Kind regards.

Been to Marconfort Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!