I will start my review by saying that 'THIS IS NOT A 4 STAR HOTEL'. For anyone that have stayed in other 4 star hotels such as Sheraton, Sofitel, AC Forum by Marriott or Nikko Hotel, you know that this property is far up to that standard. I speak on behalf of myself and my husband's experiences.
We booked this hotel in a rush, was really falsely led by the 4 star rating in booking.com. I will give you my points (good and bad) as to why this property is not a 4 star hotel:
1. Booking - we booked a room with several requirement such as asking for one double bed and sea view with booking.com. When we reached at the hotel, we were given a room on the 1st floor, instead of one double bed, we got 3 single beds. The sea view that we request is not exactly sea view, we got a room that basically facing another property and far down to the right then we have the sea view. We asked the receptionist why we were not given the room per our request during the booking, the answer was that all rooms in the hotel was fully booked and on each floor, the hotel only have two rooms with double bed. So, we have no choice but to take what has been given.
2. Room - The room consist of 3 beds, two of them are put side by side and the other one was beside the dressing table. The phone in the room was not functioning at all. The bathroom is small, the holder of the shower at one point fell off the wall. There is bideh in the room that was not properly attached to the floor and when you use it you can feel that the bideh is moving. The water pressure also was very high, so if you are not use to it, it can flood the bathroom. The hotel provide 2 toothbrush with toothpaste. It also provide the shower/shampoo gel in the bath tub. Please bear in mind that these products are very low quality and it is not good. So, if you decide to stay in this hotel, bring your own tooth paste, shampoo and your own soap, especially if your body are sensitive to low quality product. The bed is basically not a comfortable bed like in the 4 star hotel. You can see the mattress is just a a mattress that is old. This is not good if you are prone to back pain. You can see also the type of furniture in the hotel is old and has been there for a long time. Also, you can hear your neighbor talking. Haha.
3. Restaurant - We were there for 5 nights, and I can tell you that the food quality and the ingredient is very poor. I will start with breakfast, omelette and churros are the only two dishes that represent the spanish local breakfast. Others will be baked beans, very oily toasted bread, boiled eggs, fried eggs (very oily), bacon (sometimes I can see that these were over cooked and burned), oily sausage, smoothies (loads of banana and orange juice), variety of fruits (good), few type of cheese (edam, rockfort) and few types of salami, breads, jams, butter, juice, donuts and other hot drinks. I feel that the menu is very poor and have high level of fat. At lunch and dinner, few times the restaurant serve pork, one time was beef stew, roast chicken, fish with sauce, chicken korma, chicken wings, burgers, hot dog, chips, rice, cannelloni, many types of cheese, desserts, fruits, salads, and at far in the corner, there are a place where we can have pizza, or spaghetti menu. Two times I went there to see the pizza, and I took a very burned garlic bread. I wonder how the chef has the guts to put that on the tray. When I started to bite the garlic bread, it was really hard and I gave up! My goodness! The drinks menu are OK, you can have wine (red or white), Sangria, Soft Drinks, Juices. I can see a duty manager that always walking around, checking the restaurant. Apparently, I never see him asking any guests there, very poor customer relationship skill. The cutlery were not really clean, you can see left overs of the food stuck on those cutlery from previous meal. I read several reviews mentioning about food bug, and I can see where is that coming from. I am glad that we don't encounter food poisoning during our stay. The way the staff cleaning the area also was very messy. You can see them just throwing the table clothes under the trolley openly, rather than putting it in a basket. From there you can see the standard of this hotel.
4. Bar - There are two bars, one beside the restaurant, and the other one is outside near the swimming pools. As we are on 'All Inclusive' package, we are entitled to great choice of alcoholic drinks, soft drinks and hot drinks. Soft drinks and alcoholic drinks are served on plastic cups. Don't expect this to be served in a glass with fruits on top :P.
5. Entertainment - the activities for the kids are very good. They have so many activities during the day and in the evening they also have mini disco.On top of that, there is a room with snooker other games. Near the swimming pool, there are another place where kids can play. The swimming pool and playground area is nice and clean as well. The indoors swimming pool only open during the winter. Definitely this should be categorized as a budget hotel for families with young children. At night, in front of Piano Bar, depend on the day, there is a matured performer that sing songs from 70s to 80s era.
6. Location - The hotel is very well located. 10 minutes by bus from Malaga Aiport (Bus Fare is 3.55eur one way and Cab is 16eur). The beach is only 1 minute walk and you can have a cheap sun bed at 3.50eur per day. There are a lot of bars along the beach. We needed a car, and the hotel arrange that quickly for us, which is good.
Personally, I think this hotel is meant to cater family with young kids and retired people with small budget. I can see that so many people rating this hotel as a four star hotel, but unfortunately for me this is not. People might rate this base on their experiences, and from my own experiences, this property should be rated at between 2 to 3 star. There are so much work need to be done for the hotel to be a 4 star hotel.
I will definitely not recommending ANY couples to stay here. You can have a lot of better options with much better value for your money. Trust me on this!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Dear h_michiko :
Report response as inappropriate
I will start by saying this hotel has a 4 star, compare different is that you compare us the hotel in different countries and other hotel chains, if I can say that we are very proud to be Marconfort family.
I have read several comments from you and the truth is you have to be very demanding, as their scores are always quite low, even one of the best hotel chains (AC Hotels), qualifies as normal, I'm sorry that our standars have not satisfied your needs.
As you well know, and I think all the hotels we act the same way, we try to cater to every customer request, but sometimes it is not impossible, as happened to you, because the hotel was full, but it is of being a "REQUEST", not an obligation.
From the description that makes our food and restaurant I think we have enough food choices and the quality is good, I invite you to please make me your suggestions to further improve our offer.
We believe that the Trip Advisor community will be as speechless as we are with your review. They can look at your review and then read more than 500 review before yours and decide for themselves. Personally I know that the majority of our guests experience fantastic service from a fantastic team that love what they do each and every day.
Once again thank you for your review.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.