“Best Ever Food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Torremolinos
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Best Ever Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Just come back from a 2 week stay at the Maconfort Beach Club Hotel.
This hotel is ideal for families but not for people who want a bit of night life.
This is the first hotel I've stayed in which offered the best food ever. The selection was fabulous, in fact it got so hard to choose what to eat!!! The food was always piping hot & delicious.
The only downside of the hotel was that they didn't turn the air con on when the weather got really hot (one day it was 102 degrees)! Also, there wasn't any cushions on the sun beds (we went to the beach every day because of this).
I would recommend this hotel if you have children because the hotel catered for small children in the poolside area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Eileen250 :
Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor with other potential travelers.
I agree with you that it is often difficult to choose to eat, our offer is very wide and especially cool, because as you say, this year we added a new cooking show point where every day is a special dish different countries, it is a great honor for us that we consider the Hotel where has best food ever, certain that our kitchen team also feel very proud of their comments.
I hope you can return soon and remain the leading hotel in Torremolinos.
Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I used to visit this hotel regularly but my last visit was in 2007/8. I am so glad I went back there this May. I booked the hotel and transfers direct with Marconfort Hotels, which was very straightforward and good value. We arrived just before midnight, and the receptionist was lovely, ensuring we went to get a drink before the bars closed and pick up our room keys later. The hotel room was comfortable, lovely sea view from balcony, large clean bathroom. The hotel was very clean throughout. All the staff were nice and friendly. I had good memories of the food previously, but I thought that now it was superb for an all inclusive. There was excellent choice and much of it was cooked freshly in front of you. Previously most guests were there through a large holiday operator, but now that isn't the case and there is a really good mix of nationalities visiting the hotel. The hotel is in a lovely location next to the beach, is close to a train station and the trains are really good value for money. I will not be waiting another five or six years before I return again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Hester09 :
Congratulations on writing your first review and we are pleased you chose to review us on Trip Advisor!.
I'm very glad to know that although it has been several years, have decided to visit us and found everything better than on his previous visit.
Our kitchen has changed in this time and as most customers confirmed, this is a high quality and variety on all inclusive, you can eat almost any time of the day and until 24:00.
I also think that although we have many different nationalities, our staff creates an environment where everyone can enjoy.
Thanks again for his return and I hope that does not happen next year, but are only a few months.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from The Beach Club hotel in Spain. the first two days in the hotel bedrooms were cold, asked for additional blankets, nothing was to much trouble.The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The hotel was spotless, food was well prepared and plentiful.
Lots of organized activities for children and adults. there was no sign of any sickness bugs, people were asked to use hand sanitation machines, these were placed in the toilets and at the entrance to the restaurant. Weather unproved so everyone was in the great pools. Try using the local bus service which is great and cheap, one euro twenty two to Torremolinos and one euro fifty into Benalmadena, both are great for sight seeing and shopping, plus trying different food.
Will certainly be going back to same hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear terrianne187069 :
On behalf of Marconfort Hotels and Apartments, and me personally, I would like to thank you very much for sending your valuable review on Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, and taking the time to share your experience with other travelers.
Unfortunately at this time of year, we have many changes in temperature, some days it's a little cold and the next day it gets pretty hot, but we try to not miss anything to our customers.
Thanks also to name our animation team, this season we have prepared new surprises for all ages.
In hope that we will be able to welcome you again in Marconfort Beach Club on your next visit when you will enjoy your stay even more, please receive my kind regards.
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just back from our 2nd trip to this hotel and it was as good as last time. The food is fresh and plentiful, a great selection and no sign of any bugs. Pools are clean. Rooms are clean and made up every day. Very friendly staff again. Location is great, on the seafront and great to walk for miles. For the price I can't fault it at all. We have 3 holidays a year at a range of cost, this is the cheapest all inclusive we have stayed in and as I've said for the cost it's great, I can't see why people would moan. Thanks for another great holiday!

Dear minx28 :
Thank you for staying with us once again at Marconfort Beach Club and for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
I'm glad that you visited for the second time and has been as good as the first, we will try for his third visit to exceed your expectations and we thank you for trusting in us.
South Shields, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just got back from 7 days at Beach Club hotel. I was worried about the "bug" reviews but none of the 6 of us (3 adults 3 kids) suffered any problems. We did come across two people (out of a party of five) in the hotel who had had a 24 hour bug (and obviously that was unpleasant for them), but the impression that you can be left with in reading some of these reviews is that the "bug" is rife in the hotel and I honestly don't think this is the case. I have also read a few reviews critcising the food, rooms and or entertainment but if you expect the Ritz then look for a hotel where you pay Ritz prices. I think the hotel is well above average, really excellent value for money and in a good location, directly opposite the beach and a pleasant 30 minutes stroll (or easy bus ride) into Torremolinos. The train station (La Colina) is also handy for Benalmadena, Feungurola and Malaga.
Thanks to all the helpful staff at the hotel for making our holiday so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms on the higher floors have great views of the sea, the mountains and the pool itself.
Dear malnew :
As you said our hotel is value for money hard to beat. We try to make our services and our customer care staff in all aspects to make your stay unforgettable
I felt very proud of my team while reading your feedback. I thank you for such positive comments. I am truly glad to hear that we have fulfilled your high expectations in terms of services.
Indeed we genuinely try our utmost to please and accommodate all of our guests.
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

just home from a 7 night stay, staff were lovely, been to allot of hotels and this was far superiour to others, the food was amazing, on the downside, spanish visitors to the hotel got priority at reception and bar, this was very annoying.!!!!, met some lovely people. top tip shower before 7pm or you will be froze or scolded. NO BUGS AS PER OTHER POSTINGS.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view on a high floor, shower before 7pm
Dear maria7mw :
Thank you for considering the best hotel that has been
Thank you too for your preference in staying at Marconfort Beach Club and for sharing your experience here at Trip Advisor. There is no greater pleasure for the direction and whole team, than having surpassed your expectations during your stay at Marconfort Beach. We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Two of my friends and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights from April 21st to the 24th. When we booked the hotel months prior, I hadn't come across any reviews regarding the sickness bug but a few days before they were brought to my attention. On my last night there I got sick and my friends also followed suit. For some it lasted almost 2 days, ruining the next leg of our trip in Madrid. What angered me the most was when I informed the front desk, there was no sympathy whatsoever and no apologies. Overall, the rooms were small but fine, the location was beautiful, but the cleanliness needs work for sure. The food was very repetitive but typical of an all inclusive. I definitely would not rate this as a 4 star hotel and I will not be going back after my experience there.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Studentabroad2013 :

Thank you for your preference in staying at Marconfort Beach Club and for sharing your experience here at Trip Advisor
I'm very dissappointed to read that you were unhappy with your stay with us.
We have worked very hard to be classed as a 4 star hotel and are proud of our achievements I'm sorry that you felt the hotel was not up to the standard you expected.
I hope you change your mind and give us another opportunity to demonstrate our services
Kind regards.

Been to Marconfort Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!