“Great for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 74 hotels in Torremolinos
England
“Great for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just back from our 2nd trip to this hotel and it was as good as last time. The food is fresh and plentiful, a great selection and no sign of any bugs. Pools are clean. Rooms are clean and made up every day. Very friendly staff again. Location is great, on the seafront and great to walk for miles. For the price I can't fault it at all. We have 3 holidays a year at a range of cost, this is the cheapest all inclusive we have stayed in and as I've said for the cost it's great, I can't see why people would moan. Thanks for another great holiday!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear minx28 :
Thank you for staying with us once again at Marconfort Beach Club and for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
I'm glad that you visited for the second time and has been as good as the first, we will try for his third visit to exceed your expectations and we thank you for trusting in us.

1,214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Polish first
South Shields, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just got back from 7 days at Beach Club hotel. I was worried about the "bug" reviews but none of the 6 of us (3 adults 3 kids) suffered any problems. We did come across two people (out of a party of five) in the hotel who had had a 24 hour bug (and obviously that was unpleasant for them), but the impression that you can be left with in reading some of these reviews is that the "bug" is rife in the hotel and I honestly don't think this is the case. I have also read a few reviews critcising the food, rooms and or entertainment but if you expect the Ritz then look for a hotel where you pay Ritz prices. I think the hotel is well above average, really excellent value for money and in a good location, directly opposite the beach and a pleasant 30 minutes stroll (or easy bus ride) into Torremolinos. The train station (La Colina) is also handy for Benalmadena, Feungurola and Malaga.
Thanks to all the helpful staff at the hotel for making our holiday so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms on the higher floors have great views of the sea, the mountains and the pool itself.
Dear malnew :
As you said our hotel is value for money hard to beat. We try to make our services and our customer care staff in all aspects to make your stay unforgettable
I felt very proud of my team while reading your feedback. I thank you for such positive comments. I am truly glad to hear that we have fulfilled your high expectations in terms of services.
Indeed we genuinely try our utmost to please and accommodate all of our guests.
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

just home from a 7 night stay, staff were lovely, been to allot of hotels and this was far superiour to others, the food was amazing, on the downside, spanish visitors to the hotel got priority at reception and bar, this was very annoying.!!!!, met some lovely people. top tip shower before 7pm or you will be froze or scolded. NO BUGS AS PER OTHER POSTINGS.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view on a high floor, shower before 7pm
Dear maria7mw :
Thank you for considering the best hotel that has been
Thank you too for your preference in staying at Marconfort Beach Club and for sharing your experience here at Trip Advisor. There is no greater pleasure for the direction and whole team, than having surpassed your expectations during your stay at Marconfort Beach. We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Two of my friends and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights from April 21st to the 24th. When we booked the hotel months prior, I hadn't come across any reviews regarding the sickness bug but a few days before they were brought to my attention. On my last night there I got sick and my friends also followed suit. For some it lasted almost 2 days, ruining the next leg of our trip in Madrid. What angered me the most was when I informed the front desk, there was no sympathy whatsoever and no apologies. Overall, the rooms were small but fine, the location was beautiful, but the cleanliness needs work for sure. The food was very repetitive but typical of an all inclusive. I definitely would not rate this as a 4 star hotel and I will not be going back after my experience there.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Studentabroad2013 :

Thank you for your preference in staying at Marconfort Beach Club and for sharing your experience here at Trip Advisor
I'm very dissappointed to read that you were unhappy with your stay with us.
We have worked very hard to be classed as a 4 star hotel and are proud of our achievements I'm sorry that you felt the hotel was not up to the standard you expected.
I hope you change your mind and give us another opportunity to demonstrate our services
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

the service was excellent, lovely room with sea, beach and mountain views - staff very friendly and helpful, room cleaned every day, jersey boys were brilliant - food good - would definitely go back there again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear debbied1955 :
Congratulations on writing your first review and we are pleased you chose to review us on
Trip Advisor and I hope you had a delightful trip back to Huntingdon.
I gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your visit to the Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back with the same friendly service on many a future occasion.
Derry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The rooms are super small,....4 beds rammed into 4 corners.
The food is not the best, the drink is cheap, and you need to be over 60 to get it in a glass, other than that plastic cups all way, which is rubbish sitting drinking from in the sun.
This is a poor standard 4* hotel, I have stayed in more modern 3* hotels.
I would not recommend this hotel for a stag or hen..........they want your money but dont really want you there. They want 50euro per person per room up front in case of damages...there's nothing in the room to damage bar the bed which is awful, paper thin mattress on box iron frame.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear stephen g :
Many thanks and thank you for choosing Marconfort Beach for your visit to Torremolinos.
First I have to tell you that our hotel is a family hotel but any customer is welcome to our facilities, as we did with the stag party group.
As you can understand one of our major goals is to take care of all our customers and because his group did not comply 100% with the rules of the hotel, and since you wrote it, let me make clear to you some points:
1. - We have different types of rooms, most are double beds, since you so decided, we can not do is save by another and get a family room with supplements.
2.-I can I ask a question??. You think it's normal to not take care of our customers and allow the use of glass in the pool area??, It is certain that if we use plastic cups for the pool and terrace, as well as to avoid that group you belonged can cause damage to third parties.
3. - We take a deposit of 50 € per person in case of damage, not only for the room but anywhere in the hotel, in fact, the rooms in your group, once checked, were not in perfect condition, although all were reimbursed money.
Thanks again for not recommending stag parties if noncompliant as you did.
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The Marconfort Beach Hotel was extremely clean and well maintained. The staff were all very pleasant and the hotel food was very good. There was plenty of variety with the food and even had a chinese option one night. There was also the choice of freshly pizzas as well as pasta and a different roast on every day so there was something there for everyone. The pool area was also kept very clean and tidy as was all common areas. Free bike hire at the hotel was a great perk too. The bikes were well maintained and could be hired by just paying a deposit which was paid back when the bikes were returned. There was also a small library with a selection of books in different languages and free wifi through the hotel's common areas. There is a bus stop just outside the hotel for those that choose not to walk to torremolinos but if you choose to walk it is a nice scenic walk along the promenade and takes about 20 minutes. There were a lot of couples and families staying in the hotel and also some golfers but overall it was quiet and we didn't see any stag or hen parties while we were there.
Overall I would recommend the Marconfort Beach hotel and would suggest that after having stayed in a few hotels in the areas in the past it is definitely the best so far.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear SHAMARC :
Thank you very much for a most fabulous review and for taking time to share your experience of Marconfort Beach Club on line. It makes out efforts worthwhile when our dear guests are happy .With such great comments from our guests is the best present we could wish for.
Thank you very much for choosing Marconfort Beach and if you ever decide to come and visit us we would be honoured to help in any way. Until such time we remain,
Kind regards.

Been to Marconfort Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!