“A GEM ON THE COSTA DEL SOL” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel El Pozo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Casablanca, 2, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain   |
Ranked #20 of 73 Hotels in Torremolinos
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“A GEM ON THE COSTA DEL SOL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We came across the El Pozo by accident but what a find this was. Perfect for the centre of Torremolinos, the beach and the bars and restaurants.
Rooms were spacious , clean and well maintained.
Staff were very helpful and the breakfast if you required one was reasonably priced.
An ideal little hotel for a short break on the Costas or a night on the way back to the airport.
Been twice and would not hesitate to go back

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Being right in the heart of the town is the key benefit which this hotel has over the other cheap hotels in Torremolinos. It is just around the corner from the main train station and the main shopping street San Miguel so is very well placed.
The room i was given was very spacious, had an excellent shower room and a little balcony draped with flowers. It was nicely furnished and well maintained, probably one of the better rooms I have stayed in in Torremolinos.
Breakfast was done very well, a simple toasted roll, a croissant, fresh juice and a fine coffee with hot mlik - exactly right and what was needed.
The chap behind the reception desk was really welcoming, very helpful, willing to hold my luggage for the day when I was waiting to leave Torremolinos. He could have done nothing more to make the stay good.
My stay was at the end of the summer season; I guess it might be slightly noisier in the summer months, but in October it was fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Benidorm, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This little hotel just has its little spark of magic that keeps on charming us, this must have been our 3rd visit since January and we still prefer this hotel to any other in the center. Excellent staff, clean fresh rooms and perfect location!

Room Tip: The top rooms have a balcony but are slightly more expensive. Worth it though!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Came to Torremolinos for one night before flying out of Malaga airport. Hotel El Pozo is located just off the main shopping presinct in Torremolinos, and proudly displays it's name on the side of the shop next door, so is therefore easy to spot.

The rooms are a reasonable size, although a little dusty and faded. Our's had a small balcony, which directly adjoined next doors, with a small trellis in between. Double glazing ensures that road and crowd noise is kept to a minimum. Unfortunately our airconditioning was very poor, and had no control other than a switch on the wall, meaning we were VERY hot at night. Our friend however, had a fully functioning unit, so at least he managed a good night's sleep. Shower rooms were large, and newly furnished.

We only stayed one night in Torremolinos, and will not be coming again, not my idea of a holiday!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Torremolinos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We would definitely return to this hotel because the room was clean and fresh, great shower, the bed was really comfortable [a bit squeaky at times (",)]; Hotel El Pozo is excellent value - much better than we expected.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights for a weekend break The rooms are of a good size the location is good near to the main shopping area. There are plenty of bars some very late ones within walking distance. It's quite a hike down some steps to the beach or walk down a steady slope.
Good value for money and will use again

• Stayed March 2012
Marbella, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I have a house in Spain some distance from Torremolinos where the night life is and I meet local friends there frequesntly. This hotel is right next door to the night life and convenient to drop into for good but cheap basic accomodation instead of taking a taxi home late at night.This time I was there for a week with me partner whilst work was being carried out at my place.When I had been there in the past inviting friends to the room to socialize was never a problem. There was no intention for them to sleep over in any way but this was a big issue with the night staff who said he can come into the room for 15 minutes only. I have never caused noise in the past so Im at a loss to know what the problem was this time. However the room was so hot one night (hotel full on the weekend) I called the porter who explained that the AC system was at maximum but it was so impossible to sleep it was cooler to get up and sit outside and cool off. This was reported to reception. The temperature was reading 27C inside and the minimum settings were too high anyway (its a cheap hotel and I guess electric is now a major cost but why not charge a little more for a good nights sleep?)
Its a small hotel and I made no problem of it in the morning as they had always been pleasant in the past but realistically the night should have been discounted as unusable.
I need to add here that having stayed before a few times (they had kept all my details) I presumed it was for this reason they didnt ask me to pay upfront until a day or two into the stay where upon request I did so and my card details were with them again. Finally I requested by phone a late check out (agreed at 20 Euros) and an additional night to the booking,again nobody asked for upfront payment. My partner however attended for breakfast the following morning and they refused to provide it as the bill wasnt paid but they did back down with some reasoning finally (I was out with the wallet!) When I came to leave and pay with the card, right there and then I had a text message from my bank to contact them and verify payments to unlock security. I explained to the receptionist that it may take 20 minutes to clear and I needed to bring the car up and give her the garage key back anyhow so ' could I do it all together'?. The answer was quite humiliating 'Not without leaving your Iphone with me'. The bill was 80Euros and I asked her 'thats quite insulting, is the risk of loosing my business again worth the risk of my not coming back to pay you?' and especially when you have the card details anyway and there was a night without adequate AC that shouldnt even be charged for? There was no apology and no comment just a smile and the insistance to wait. The card cleared within a minute or two, I collected the car and returned the key.Having had no apology for the offence I wont stay again as in the past I have spent so much money with them this behaviour is crazy and unacceptable. Shame!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel El Pozo? Share your experiences!