“Been many times before but this time dissapointing attitude and room far to hot!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel El Pozo

Save Saved
You added Hotel El Pozo to your Saves list
Hotel El Pozo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Casablanca, 2, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain   |
Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Marbella, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I have a house in Spain some distance from Torremolinos where the night life is and I meet local friends there frequesntly. This hotel is right next door to the night life and convenient to drop into for good but cheap basic accomodation instead of taking a taxi home late at night.This time I was there for a week with me partner whilst work was being carried out at my place.When I had been there in the past inviting friends to the room to socialize was never a problem. There was no intention for them to sleep over in any way but this was a big issue with the night staff who said he can come into the room for 15 minutes only. I have never caused noise in the past so Im at a loss to know what the problem was this time. However the room was so hot one night (hotel full on the weekend) I called the porter who explained that the AC system was at maximum but it was so impossible to sleep it was cooler to get up and sit outside and cool off. This was reported to reception. The temperature was reading 27C inside and the minimum settings were too high anyway (its a cheap hotel and I guess electric is now a major cost but why not charge a little more for a good nights sleep?)
Its a small hotel and I made no problem of it in the morning as they had always been pleasant in the past but realistically the night should have been discounted as unusable.
I need to add here that having stayed before a few times (they had kept all my details) I presumed it was for this reason they didnt ask me to pay upfront until a day or two into the stay where upon request I did so and my card details were with them again. Finally I requested by phone a late check out (agreed at 20 Euros) and an additional night to the booking,again nobody asked for upfront payment. My partner however attended for breakfast the following morning and they refused to provide it as the bill wasnt paid but they did back down with some reasoning finally (I was out with the wallet!) When I came to leave and pay with the card, right there and then I had a text message from my bank to contact them and verify payments to unlock security. I explained to the receptionist that it may take 20 minutes to clear and I needed to bring the car up and give her the garage key back anyhow so ' could I do it all together'?. The answer was quite humiliating 'Not without leaving your Iphone with me'. The bill was 80Euros and I asked her 'thats quite insulting, is the risk of loosing my business again worth the risk of my not coming back to pay you?' and especially when you have the card details anyway and there was a night without adequate AC that shouldnt even be charged for? There was no apology and no comment just a smile and the insistance to wait. The card cleared within a minute or two, I collected the car and returned the key.Having had no apology for the offence I wont stay again as in the past I have spent so much money with them this behaviour is crazy and unacceptable. Shame!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

Another stay here, it just gets better ...its home to home...All the staff are fantastic.

this hotel is a real gem to treasure....................

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Ideal location for couples not interested in beach or swimming pool. Near all amenities.
Rooms a bit small but ok for short stay. Service at breakfast very good which consists only of rolls/bread tea coffee juice which was quite adequate.

Staff very friendly and hotel rooms very clean. we had a balcony (v.small) not all rooms had balconies.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

My hubby and I visited Torremolinos summer of 2008. We had such a great time and much of that is owed to the wonderful staff at Hotel El Pozo. It's a modest hotel but perfect if you are looking for good price and value. In the middle of our trip we had to fly over to UK and the staff were so kind to keep our luggage at the hotel and did their best to get us back into the same room upon our return. They really did everything they could to make our stay easy and enjoyable. We plan to visit Torremolinos again and we'll definitely stay at Hotel El Pozo again.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

I have been staying at the Pozo for many years, I normally stay there in May and September, though I have recently stayed there for the last few weeks. The Staff are excellent, always around whenever you need them...I will be going back again this May, to relax and enjoy the Hotel Pozo............................

• Liked — relaxed atmmoshere...central location
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

We spent one night in Torremolinos at the Hotel Pozo, since we had an early morning flight to catch out of Malaga the next morning.

The hotel staff was extremely friendly, and our room a clean, and simple double room with a terrace, just what we wanted. According to my travel guide, one of the episodes of "EastEnders" was set in the hotel, and they have a poster of the series in the reception area; not familiar with the series, that may be an incentive for someone else to go to this hotel.

If in Torremolinos, I can definitely recommend this hotel, though I would recommend you stear clear of Torremolinos and similar places along the coast, if you -like me- don't like places in Spain that serve to cheap, all-inclusive mass tourism with many restaurants serving English food! Why be in Spain, if not to enjoy that culture??

• Liked — Friendly staff-
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2007

I stayed at El Pozo purely by accident when stranded in Torremolins, I found the Hotel, extremely friendly especially the staff, so much so my 1 night turned into 10 days. They have gone out of their way to make you comfortable and have gone over the top to assist disabled
people (I am fairly seriously disabled). It was more like staying with family or friends than a hotel and is of course quite well known
as being the Hotel of Choice for filming for "Eastenders" the UK BBC Television soap series. Since that visit I have stayed at "El Pozo" on many occasions and could not recommend it higher. Not far from the lifts down to the Beach area and within minutes of major shops, stores and restaurants and I would add just one thing it does not get
noisy in the summer, it still retains that lovely cool homely feel

• Liked — The Ambiance
  • Disliked — Occasional noisy neighbours
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel El Pozo? Share your experiences!