We have just returned from a 7 day holiday in Spain. We are already missing the hotel and the area. The entrance and reception area are stunning. The reception staff were a little bit unhelpful, we were not informed about the safe and fridge deal[ 21 Euros for a week or a stocked fridge of water, cola etc to the value of 21 Euros] Luckily we had read the Tripadvisor reviews. We had a seaview corner balcony room.The view was superb. The room was cleaned daily, sheets changed etc Spotless! The cleaners work very hard and should be commended. Breakfast is served from 7.30 until 10.30. The choice was simply outstanding. Everything you could wish for was on offer. We went in high season and the restaurant was never crowded or full. We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast rather than the usual "run around the table" guests gorging themselves on lots of food then leaving it! I only have two minor complaints - the orange juice from the machine is disgusting [tastes cheap and nasty] Fresh orange can be purchased for 2.50e and the two waiting staff need to clear the plates. Plates, bowls, pile up at the side of the table.
The pool and garden are lovely. Pool opens at 10am [great idea] and there is a policy of not reserving sun loungers.Pool is pristine. I normally don't swim in hotel pools but I thought it looked clean enough for a daily dip! Fresh fruit is served poolside [on a daily basis] Lovely gesture. Cocktails and beer are a bit expensive 3.50 or 6.50 for a cocktail.Slightly cheaper would be better but then everything in Spain is expensive at this time.
We went to the Sealife centre at Benalmadena. I had read that you could get a 15% discount if you bought tickets from the hotel. The receptionist did not have a clue! We didn't bother to ask about buses etc We ended up paying full price for the Sealife centre and found our own way on the bus . There were a mixture of different nationalities and family groups staying at this hotel, which was great.
There was no entertainment at night which was fine for us but not if you are looking for a lively hotel. There are plenty of bars in the area to provide that if you wish!
I did make a comment on the survey re: providing evening meals etc I know the restaurant is small but I am sure with more staff and perhaps staggered meal sittings this could be achieved.
I didn't really enjoy having to go out and trawl restaurants for my evening meal. If the hotel had catered for this I would have been so happy. I am aware there was room service but the choice was very limited.
Overall the hotel was excellent. We have even thought about booking for next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Isabel is located in front of the beach on the main promenade of Torremolinos. The Hotel stands out for being friendly and with the main objective of improving quality. Totally reformed it offers 70 bright, carefully decorated rooms. If you wish to spend some time relaxing we recommended sunbathing on the loungers around our swimming pool. At the Hotel Isabel we like to take care of the smallest details, and therefore we have available free WI-FI for clients who need an internet connection HOTEL ISABEL would like to inform you that we have obtained the Q of quality certificate from the institute of Spanish tourism quality (ICTE). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Travelocity, Priceline, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Isabel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isabel Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Isabel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain