“Superb hotel” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo Maritimo 47, Playamar, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain   |
Ranked #3 of 74 hotels in Torremolinos
“Superb hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is splendid. Rooms are clean and very nice.
Brekfast is perfect and fresh.
Pool is small but nice.
Beach is public but that is not a problem. (Plenty of space).
BUT...
The safe in the room is 2,5€ per day extra.
This should be included in room price at this level.
And the fridge in the room is an extra 4€ per day.
Come on....
Shuld also be included...

Otherwise I have nothing to complaint about.
Will deffinatly book this hotel next time I go to Torremolinos :-)

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
jesuspeinado, Gerente at Hotel Isabel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thanks for visiting. In the room we inform our customers that the fridge is for rent as you well said but if you buy drinks from the Hotel the rent is free. The charge is only when you want to use as use it for items bought outside the Hotel. We think this is reasonable.

397 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Loved this hotel. They have a great salt water pool and the beach is across the street. It's a bit near the end of the hotel district but still an easy walk into town and to all the beach bars and restaurants. Go for a higher floor so that you can look down on the pool (instead of the roof jutting out).

Room Tip: Go for a room higher up - at least the 3rd floor so that you can see down on the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
jesuspeinado, Gerente at Hotel Isabel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I'm glad you liked our new saltwater pool. We know our limitations as the pool and the garden are small but we try to give the highest possible quality. thank you very much
Maynooth, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I booked into hotel Isabel after checking out the reviews on trip advisor and I'm pleased to say we were not disappointed we e-mailed Jesus to see could we Get a room with a sea view and they managed to put us in one around the side (room 412) which had a great view even though we had only booked a standard ,which we would like to thank them for . Rooms are small but comfortable and clean , staff are friendly and the grounds are well maintained. The pool which has a salt water system is enjoyable to use . Overall it's a lovely little hotel in a nice quiet part of torremolinos and only a 15 minute walk to the centre , would stay here again

Room Tip: One with a sea view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
jesuspeinado, Gerente at Hotel Isabel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I'm glad you liked room 412. I wish I could of offered you a better one but it was impossible. Anyway thanks for your comments and if you come back to visit consult me ​​directly and I will be happy to attend you personally direccion@hotelisabel.net
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We loved the spectacular view from our big balcony. The room was just fine with comfortable beds and nice little bathroom. Both the room and bathroom were definitely very clean. We also appreciated the tranquil atmosphere of the hotel's location as we didn't bump into the mobs of tourist groups.

Room Tip: Ask for a view room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
jesuspeinado, Gerente at Hotel Isabel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
You have highlighted a point that is very important for me. I do not want large groups in the hotel. There are many hotels in the area that cater for them. Cleanliness is critical for us and we are glad when customers as you points it out.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is everything you need on holiday.
It's clean, staff are helpful, there is free wifi (something everywhere should have but don't)
There's not more I can say about how perfect a base this is for your trip, the location is awesome, you are right across from the beautiful Torremolinos coastline so you walk out the door, cross the road and you're right on the beach! I see a few people moaning about the small pool (which I found just nice), but who needs it, the beach and beautiful Mediterranean sea are on your doorstep!
Oh... one more thing to add... the sign looks quite naff as some of the neon doesn't work, but don't let that put you off, the hotel is lovely inside and its small grounds, nicely kept.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
jesuspeinado, Gerente at Hotel Isabel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for all the details have mentioned about the Hotel and especially the broken neon. I've informed our maintenance service to have it fixed. I hope you visit us again and still have positive opinion of us. By the way..... Nice photo!
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

yo yo yo yo yo what can I say about this hotel..... well quiet a lot really..... here we go...
The pool is wet the ground is dry, the wardrobes are ok but what can I say...
There are lots os Mosquitoes about due to the location being right by a forest so please do take lots of bug repellent.
The rooms are an ok size but they would do with updating as they are somewhat frumpy and smelly. The bed is hard and wet. The restaurant bar is nice and the fluff on the sunbeds tickles.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
jesuspeinado, Gerente at Hotel Isabel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
I do not know if you have made a mistaken with your comments because you say the hotel is in a forest!!! ......... We are on the beach and a few kilometres from the city. The closest mountains to the hotel are be about 50 km away. So I do not understand your comment or like I said you have the wrong hotel when making the comment.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at hotel isabel a few times its great.going again first week in July we have a corner sea veiw this time I bet its as good ..cant wait the higher up the better .love everything about it and more.w rowley notts..

• Stayed July 2012
jesuspeinado, Gerente at Hotel Isabel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We look forward to your visit in July and I hope you enjoy your stay again.

Been to Hotel Isabel? Share your experiences!