“Good Value and Location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Isabel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo Maritimo 47, Playamar, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain   |
Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in Torremolinos
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Good Value and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We're just back from spending 10 days in this hotel. It was very clean and the staff all work extremely hard. The breakfast selection was excellent. My husband ate the cooked food and even liked the bacon but he had to ask for his eggs to be turned over as they were a little 'rare' to start with. The staff were happy to cater for his particular likes. I ate the cold buffet items (cheeses, meats, fruits etc.) and occasionally had a boiled egg (cold and hard - but that's how I like them). We had a spacious room on the 5th floor with a sea view but, as it faced the beach, we didn't get the sun in the afternoon or early evening. Having said that we were out most of the day so we rarely used the balcony. In the room, the TV actually had BBC1 and BBC2 which was much appreciated and also very useful were the tea and coffee making facilities (we don't usually get that in Continental hotel rooms). It's in a great location on the promenade. An L2 bus can be used to reach the centre of the town if one doesn't want to tackle the 183 steps up the cliffs. The local elevator from the promenade was closed for maintenance so, although we walked up a couple of times, I much preferred using the bus! Walking down the steps is much easier and there are plenty of shops to browse. There are quite a few good eating places around the hotel and I would particularly recommend the Ciao Bella and the Don Canape - see my other reviews. We would definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor if you want a good view of the beach and sea but if you want the sun in the aft...
jesuspeinado, Gerente at Hotel Isabel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thanks for your stay. The next time you visit ill try to give you a room where the sun shines pretty much all day. Breakfast is the only board that we offer at the hotel with the exception of the menu in the cafeteria which is why it is so important that the quality and service are excellent. I'm glad you liked it

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Central Valley, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The Isabel is a modest looking mid-sized hotel from the outside. However, the interior is comfortable and customer focused. I found my visit here to be most relaxing. The rooms are well kept and spotless. The housekeeping staff does an extraordinary job! The reception staff is most helpful and available to provide assistance with your local needs. I found the sea view room to offer a great view and a nice balcony. I would have to stretch my imagination to find a negative concerning this property. If I am ever in this area again I would stay at the Isabel. My appreciation to all who made this a most enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: A sea view room is a must to truly appreciate your stay!!
jesuspeinado, Gerente at Hotel Isabel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and have not found anything negative to say. It is important to highlight the work of the staff. They appreciate it
Soton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel is lovely. I would recommend this to anyone. We forgot to ask for a cot but when we arrived they had one set up for us. Complete with gifts for the baby!
The staff are friendly and helpful, they made us feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel constantly throw in extras, for example fruit was offered while we relaxed by the pool.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, we had a sea view and it was beautiful.

I would and will definitely be visiting here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
jesuspeinado, Gerente at Hotel Isabel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thanks for highlighting the details that we try to have with our customers in the pool or the small gifts that we put in the to cradle for babies. For us it is very important to see that our customers appreciate these details thanks again.
the Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is such a hotel where the several costa's are 'floaded' with. Rooms are good, breakfast is OK, but (in april) no dinner possibilities.
It hardly costs anything, so one should not demand too much here. Location is good.
If you really have to be in Torremolinos and do not have that much to spend; this can be a good choice. But for a bit more you'd better stay at the Melia.

Room Tip: Take a room with a full sea view on a high floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
jesuspeinado, Gerente at Hotel Isabel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I do not understand your comment that there is not the possibility of dinner (in April). The Isabel is open from March to November and throughout the period has a menu for both lunch and dinner in the bar area and in the rooms, so I really do not understand your complaint. I totally agree with you, for a little more you can stay at the Melia.
Killala, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just back from a weeks holiday in this hotel. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of this hotel, but I could not stay here again due to the strong cleaning agents that are used for cleaning the rooms, very overpowering to the point of runny eyes and nose. This is a small hotel with lovely relaxing areas. Lovely breakfast provided, but seems to lack staff, very hard to get a drink at the bar, it seems to be that t he breakfast staff multitask for everything, Beds are very hard and take some getting used to. Hotel reception very good and efficient and this hotel is close to the beach and all amenities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
jesuspeinado, Gerente at Hotel Isabel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I want you to know that I will study carefully the issue of room cleaning. I totally understand your reaction and I want you to know that I will resolve the problem immediately thanks to your comment. Regarding the mattress, this is more complicated especially since there are customers who find them to soft and others like you who find them to hard. Maybe then they are the best mattresses for a hotel. Again, thank you very much for your feedback.
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just back from a four night stay at the lovely Hotel Isabel. This is our third time using this hotel. The pleasant, hard working staff helped to make our visit very comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised with a complimentary bottle of champagne. Great location, fine breakfast, rooms with lovely sea view. Looking forward to returning again.
Pat & June
Cork
Ireland

jesuspeinado, Gerente at Hotel Isabel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
It is a major challenge for us when a customer as you who has already visited us several times always leaves satisfied. I’m at your disposition for any queries that you may have regarding future reservations at direccion@hotelisabel.net
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love Hotel Isabel!! It's right on the beach, quite, good base for all the other attractions around. There is parking in front of the hotel and the hotel can very easily be reached via public transport from the airport.
The buffet breakfast is great.
On my last trip, I didn't like the room I was given ( it was perfectly adequate but on the lower floor and no sea view) and because they didn't have another available I got a bottle of cava and was offered a move the next day but opted to stay as I was only there for two nights.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
jesuspeinado, Gerente at Hotel Isabel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments about the hotel. I’m glad you liked the response from the management offering you a change of room. Whenever we can we try to accommodate your needs.

Been to Hotel Isabel? Share your experiences!