“Great late summer break.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Isabel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo Maritimo 47, Playamar, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain   |
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
Carrickfergus
“Great late summer break.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Having never been to Torremolinas before I was pleasently surprised by the Hotel isabel, we stayed for a week in October and although the summer rush was definately over there were still plenty of eating houses open an a lot of them around the hotel. The room itself was well kept and clean, we were at the back of the hotel with a view of the appartment blocks at the back however the best was the supermarket at the and of the back street which catered for all our needs.

The only let down was the hotel breakfast and the lack of any entertainmant whatsoever in the hotel at night.

Breakfast was a running gauntlet of seeing what wasnt available, it was either the orange juice, or bread for toast or tea, or cooked food, which eventually the severely hard worked staff got out from the kitchen, but i suppose with three staff members catering for twenty tables, the service is going to be a "bit rough" those gripes aside we had a great time, the hotel is right in the centre of things and across the road from the beach, would i visit the Hotel Isabel again, "Yes Definately" probably October 2013.

Room Tip: Ask for sea front room, rooms at the back look out on the appartment blocks and the bin men arent wo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked this hotel for one next after getting off a cruise in malaga before returning home the next day. We arrived very early in the morning about 8am. We had 2 rooms booked and thankfully one room was ready. It was a clean and spacious room with a lovely sea view. there was one bed and then we got another one from one of the cleaning staff. I was expecting a sofa bed but it was actually a fairly decent bed with a proper mattress! the bathroom was very big and clean with a bathtub and a shower head attached to it. The next room was just across the corridor, the room was also very nice and had a view of the street, a little disappointing but oh well! thinking they were the same rooms we were shocked to find it had a jacuzzi shower! it was lovely although did leak at the bottom. Overall i thought this was a nice, clean hotel that is perfect for short stays. I would stay here again. They offer free wifi also which was a great touch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
jesuspeinado, Gerente at Hotel Isabel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your stay even though it was short but I'm glad you liked the room and the hotel in general
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My sister and I decided to take a 4 night B&B break 24-27th October and read very good reviews about this hotel. On the whole our experience of this hotel was positive - good location, beautiful view from our large corner room, the whole place was SPOTLESSLY clean - room, ensuite, restaurant, pool area, breakfast was nicely cooked, though at times, not always as hot as I might like.
Some niggly things though:
We had requested that there be two beds in the room, there was only one. When we enquired we were told that the sofa bed would be the second bed. We don't do 'sofa beds' and, in fairness to them, they very quickly got in a proper second bed.
We did not find the reception staff at all friendly - quite cold and impersonal. As against that the cleaning staff were lovely.
There was a very strong smell of whatever product they use to clean the rooms. Maybe this is the trade-off for such cleanliness, but it was very over-powering.
We were in room 601 and the toilet had a sour smell in it - I would say some kind of drain issue. It wasn't there all the time but certainly 80% of the time, even with the window open. For that reason we had to make sure to keep the bathroom door closed at all times.
Some small things: I'd prefer a glass shower guard instead of a curtain. I'd like some LED or stronger lights above the bed for reading purposes, the double-glazing wouldn't have been the best in terms of keeping outside noises at bay, I don't find it acceptable to charge for the use of a fridge or safe.

I know of old that 4* in Spain falls very short of 4* in Ireland but, nonetheless, this would be one of the very best 4* hotels we have stayed in.

Room Tip: 606. This is a top floor, corner room, that would get the sun all day, just about.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We are pleased to let you know that with regards to two of your comments, during this winter we are going install shower screens in the bathrooms of the superior rooms (such as the one you stayed in) as well as a small LED light on the bedside table for night reading. Also I appreciate your comments about the cleaning products and the bathroom which I will review immediately. Thank you very much for your stay and I hope to visit again and see for yourself the improvements.
Killarney, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We decided to stay at the Hotel Isabel only about 6 weeks before we traveled.
My friends stay here every year and kept telling us to stay here.
I emailed the manager Jesus to say 3 of us staying and could i have a nice sea view room.
He was so nice and up graded us to a large corner room.at no extra charge which was a lovely touch.

We got a lovely big room 606 fab sea view and sunset to die for.
we had a king size bed and double pull out sofa.
Bath and shower in bathroom with loads of toiletrys.
Tv only pity 2 english channells.

Breakfast was great only annoying thing it takes ages for unit to give you your boiling water.
lovely touch bottle champers sent to room for booking direct with hotel.
The pool is very small and while we were there no one used it.then the weather wasent over hot.

I have to agree with other reviews internet very slow.and eats up the money.
our room cleaned every day by lovely friendly staff.
hotel sent up lovely fruit platter for my birthday lovely touch again.

we were a bit unlucky to have 2 men staying next door who at 3 am every night were quite loud chatting in their room when they came in.
We found it hard to get somewhere near to get a decent meal very over priced for what you got.
we went to shanigans pub every night grat music and craic,
I loved the hotel but i dont think id travel to that area again.but thats just my choice.
Again great booking direct with hotel only major negative for me was the man on reception he was just so standoffish.
no chat or smile i asked for directions just barely asnswered me in fact another guest steped in and answered my quirey.
its a pity cause front of house staff so important for first impression.

Room Tip: ask for special room they are much bigger and ask for high floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I'm glad you have been comfortable during your stay and that you have liked the details we have had with you. I want you to know that I will bear in mind the points that you consider negative or not to like. With regard to noise from the next room you must immediately notify reception so that they may take action at the immediately. I hope you visit again in the future and I am at your disposal for any information or query. Thank you very much
Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

With a bit of effort this hotel would go from average to excellent. In my mind the good points out weigh the bad.......just!. First i'll deal with what i consider the negatives. The room we had 212 was really small and dated the bed dominated the room and in all was no bigher than a cruise cabin. The bed was rock hard and i managed i good nights sleep in 7. The pillows were wafer thin. The decor was 10 years behind times a wood panelled bed head and fabric light shades. Wifi was free but deathly slow connecting and disconnecting all the time the signal never went above poor. I tried the hotels internet at 1e for 10 mins. Googled what i wanted and stared at a blank screen cursor and egg timer for the whole of the ten minutes!! Wasn't imressed at the 2.5e pet day for the safe eithereveryone uses the safe. And apparantly theres a daily charge to use the fridge too
A bit cheeky, no? Now the good points the location is excellent. Even though our room was on the side of the hotel we had an excellent view of the beach and sea. The cleanliness was 2nd to none clean and fresh throughout. The staff were friendly and helpful. The in built radio system was a great idea and we used this every day. So the jury is out on this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Indeed you are right in that room we stayed is the smallest in the hotel but also in relation to the price you pay. We have four room types each with its price. I will consider your comments on the pillows. The decor is exactly six years old for your information. Also I will consider your comments regarding the wifi and will check it. For your information the safe is for hire but Fridge is not always, if you buy beverages from our Hotel. If you want it for items from the supermarket then you must rent, which I do not consider at all unreasonable. Thank you very much for your visit.
Perth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel on 5 occassions and have enjoyed every stay so far. We tend to travel out of season either April or October so the hotel is normally quiet. We were there from 6 October until 13 October 2012 and it was busier than we expected. On arrival took the fridge deal, which allows you to buy 20 euros of drinks and once that it is finished you can either stock up from the hotel or the supermarcado. We love the location and there are plenty of restuarants nearby to suit all tastes. The breakfast as always, has lots of choice. The staff are always pleasant. We had a corner suite facing the sea and the sunrise was always spectacular apart from the day we had fog. I noticed that there was an earlier comment about the noisy cleaners, I have never experienced that in all the times I have stayed there, as for the Chris Brown "Dont wake me up" we were woken with that but to be honest it must have lasted about 30 seconds (if that) and I think someone had used it as an early alarm wake-up call. We dont get so hung about things like that becuase after all you are on holiday and you can snnoze all day by the pool to recover from the affect...

Room Tip: For the beautiful sunrise ask for a seaview room. Corner suites are the best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for visiting us again. If you need any information of upcoming reservations can do so directly with me at direccion@hotelisabel.net

Been to Hotel Isabel? Share your experiences!