My sister and I decided to take a 4 night B&B break 24-27th October and read very good reviews about this hotel. On the whole our experience of this hotel was positive - good location, beautiful view from our large corner room, the whole place was SPOTLESSLY clean - room, ensuite, restaurant, pool area, breakfast was nicely cooked, though at times, not always as hot as I might like.
Some niggly things though:
We had requested that there be two beds in the room, there was only one. When we enquired we were told that the sofa bed would be the second bed. We don't do 'sofa beds' and, in fairness to them, they very quickly got in a proper second bed.
We did not find the reception staff at all friendly - quite cold and impersonal. As against that the cleaning staff were lovely.
There was a very strong smell of whatever product they use to clean the rooms. Maybe this is the trade-off for such cleanliness, but it was very over-powering.
We were in room 601 and the toilet had a sour smell in it - I would say some kind of drain issue. It wasn't there all the time but certainly 80% of the time, even with the window open. For that reason we had to make sure to keep the bathroom door closed at all times.
Some small things: I'd prefer a glass shower guard instead of a curtain. I'd like some LED or stronger lights above the bed for reading purposes, the double-glazing wouldn't have been the best in terms of keeping outside noises at bay, I don't find it acceptable to charge for the use of a fridge or safe.
I know of old that 4* in Spain falls very short of 4* in Ireland but, nonetheless, this would be one of the very best 4* hotels we have stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Isabel is located in front of the beach on the main promenade of Torremolinos. The Hotel stands out for being friendly and with the main objective of improving quality. Totally reformed it offers 70 bright, carefully decorated rooms. If you wish to spend some time relaxing we recommended sunbathing on the loungers around our swimming pool. At the Hotel Isabel we like to take care of the smallest details, and therefore we have available free WI-FI for clients who need an internet connection HOTEL ISABEL would like to inform you that we have obtained the Q of quality certificate from the institute of Spanish tourism quality (ICTE). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, HostelBookers, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Isabel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isabel Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Isabel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain