This is a very Spanish hotel, quaint and quirky. The staff were very helpful and friendly at all times. We had been inside the hotel previously to have a look as there is a bit of history involved. It was originally built as a house for the Queen of the Gypsies who lived in a cave house in the mountains. The fireplace and main sitting area are modelled on the cave house and are really lovely to see.
Our room was very large, had 3 beds, and overlooked the back garden. It was very peaceful, but got little sun, and as it was 33 degrees outside was not a problem. The furniture was all new except for a rocking chair, which was a bit strange to have in the room but very comfortable. The only problem I had with it was the wardrobe, which smelled foisty and damp so I left it open all the time so that the clothes wouldn't smell. The bathroom had recently been refurbished and the tiles etc were new and an extremely powerful shower over the bath.
The pool was really nice, but the area around it could do with an upgrade as most of it is grass and trees. The groundsman watered the grass every morning and it did not dry out as the trees shaded the sun, so not nice underfoot getting in or out of the pool. We just pulled the sunbeds on to the paved area and as it was always relatively quiet there were plenty of beds to be had.
The breakfast was a toasted, crusty bread roll, butter and jam, coffee/tea/chocolate and a sponge cake. After a week it did get a bit monotonous, but I gather from the staff that they usually have visitors that stay 1 or 2 nights passing through and I probably wouldn't pay for it again. It was lovely to have breakfast on the patio, no scrambling for tables and waitress service saved all the hassle.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay, comfy beds, very quiet and extremely good location. I would definitely stay again. We usually stay in El Tiburon, I would say this is definitely a step up just for the room comfort and friendliness. Mainly Spanish and French guests, so if you want a hotel with a bar that stays open until all hours , this is not for you. If you want a peaceful holiday and a rest I recommend it. Can I just add that it was the only place I could successfully get free wifi too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming hotel, design par Picasso's cousin in the 50's in the real andalou style for a Gypsy Queen. Situated at 50 meter from the best beach in the area, 10km from Malaga's airport. It is a beautiful and quiet oasis among the buildings around. It has been renovated for 6 years. New Bathrooms, air conditioning unit, TV. Swimming pool with salt to avoid the chlorine. You can also eat a delicious paella made on demand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, HostelWorld and Tingo so you can book your Residencia Miami Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Residencia Miami
- Residencia Miami Torremolinos
- Residencia Miami Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain