“Excellent typical hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 74 hotels in Torremolinos
Nantes, France
“Excellent typical hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

With my wife we have spent 6days from 6 to 12august. The room was fine. Swimming pool size is enough. You can go very quickly to the beach and french supermarket "Carrefour" by foot.
I honestly advice this hotel for quiet holidays.
Ingrid & Fred.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed here again in June 2012. Relaxing for couple of nights before flying back to UK from my regular business trips to Spain. I like Torremolinos as it has lovely beaches and a wide selection of eating and watering holes. Also, close to the airport.
Hotel is basic but clean and pleasant surroundings. Staff very helpful, has Wi-Fi, parking (very useful) and really cannot fault it again. 1 minute and you are on the beach too.
Recommended and will certainly be staying here again.
Excellent value for money too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Shropshire UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were travelling into the mountains for a walking holiday but stayed the first night in Torremolinos so that we could get there easily from the airport on the train and return the next day to meet the others. We found the hotel relatively easily. The hotel is a pretty Spanish villa type hotel with pleasant rooms and very friendly helpful staff. It was good value - breakfast was limited to roll, butter, jam, cake, tea and juice but was fine. Our room was spacious. We walked to and from the station but noticed that there is a bus that goes from the airport and passes the hotel. It is situated close to the seafront but in a quiet street. Parts of Torremolinos looked a bit shabby, but this seemed like a better part of town.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I loved this place from the moment I found it on the internet. When your expectations are that high it's easy to get disappointed. But I didn't. Proximity to the nice beach with its flurry of shops, tapa bars and restaurants is a big plus. A taxi-ride to Torremolinos nightlife scene (Yes there is one) was affordable. But most of all I liked the residencia itself with its friendly staff, beautiful garden and lovely atmosphere. I hope to go back next year.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Decided to stay on the coast near the airport after my last business trip (23 - 26 Nov 2011.)
Stayed at Hotel Torrepalma in Alcala la real for previous 2 nights. Had an early(ish) flight from Malaga and didn't want a 100 mile drive before flying.
For the price (€31) for the night, I thought it was really good value.
Basic hotel but clean and comfortable. Very quiet too and only about 60 or 70 metres from the beach.
Plenty of bars and restaurants and shops nearby too.
As always, the beaches in Torremolinos are nice with a great promenade. Shame the rest of the Costa del Sol resorts have built the motorways right on the beach!!!
Had lovely weather too!
All in all, I'd recommend this place if you wanted a budget winter holiday.
Has the benefit of parking inside it's own grounds too.

Room Tip: Just turn up and enjoy the area
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
estepa22
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

The Hotel Residencia Miami is a lovely old (for Spain) hotel just a few minutes from the beach. I stayed there on my own as had to be on the coast for a couple of days. When the Spanish restore it can end up being a bit kitsch and this was - see photos, but it was right up my street. The hotel photos are pretty accurate. Beautiful old tiled floors and a lovely terrace and garden.

On the down side - and being v honest: the room was a bit pokey and bed strangely rather short and not the most comfortable. The shower was a bit old. There was air con and narrow french windows looking out onto the back street which I quite liked. There was a tiny TV and fixed right up in the corner of the room so not really watchable.

Breakfast on the terrace in the sunshine was pretty but rather basic: tea/cofee, a bread roll and jam. On the second day I took my own fruit and yoghurt and also a lemon for my tea. The pool was lovely and fairly quiet - I think most people just head for the beach, and there was a small bar that opened in the afternoon. However, all the sunbeds apart from one were completely flat and not adjustable so unless you get the one adjustable one you can't sit comfortably to read - didn't get that at all. I like the shade and the garden was very shady and was well kept - big bonus. Reception staff could have been a bit more friendly - I got the impression they were really just there to do the admin rather than run the desk and help guests. But I loved this hotel and would definitely stay there again. If you want something a bit quirky then this is the place for you. Before I left I asked which rooms had terraces and was told rooms 17 & 20 (twins) and 14 & 19 (doubles) do.

Turn left out of the hotel and there is a little spanish bar on the corner. Great tapas. And the Italian on the right served a great salad.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
bournemouth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

not a particularly friendly welcome. we knew it was only a 2 star hotel so didnt expect the ritz. we had booked with booking.com 9 months before and requested room with balcony. we were told this was not possible as we were only paying for a standard room and we were put in room 8. avoid this room at all costs. very small and dowdy with extremely small hard double bed. it would maybe have been ok for one or two nights at the most. we tried to make the best of it but as the week progressed we werent able to sleep. definately not worth the money we paid.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
jmdej, Propriétaire at Residencia Miami Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Dear Sir

I read with atention what you wrote about the hotel.
As you can understand, all our room are not with balcony o terrace. So it is impossible to provide for all our customer this kind of room. And in july far more complicated.
Furthermore, as you came by an agency, it was clearly written that the room would be standard. Even if you ask for something else. If we can provide it, we try. But in your case, it was not possible.
And we had a lot of family there in the same time, wich required bigger rooms, and so with terrace.
About the persons, I am very surprise about your remark on the not friendly welcome, because on the contrary, they are very friendly, and try to help all our customer.
And about the beds, I am sorry to read that it was too hard for you. We have a very few complaint about it.
But I will check on it anyway.

Regards

Been to Residencia Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!