“great value,friendly staff, very clean,good food,good location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Tiburon Hotel

Save Saved
You added El Tiburon Hotel to your Saves list
El Tiburon Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Los Nidos 7 | La Carihuela, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain   |
Ranked #46 of 74 hotels in Torremolinos
ireland
“great value,friendly staff, very clean,good food,good location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

For such a cheap price I was not expecting much, but to my pleasant surprise I found the hotel to be kept very clean daily, bed sheets were changed EVERY day....yes, every day. the room had everything I needed. A button came off my blouse within minutes the cleaning lady had a needle and cotton for me! My flight out was cancelled due to volcanic ash, the lovely gentleman in reception was just sooooo helpful......thank you sir and I'm sorry I did'nt keep a note of your name but I thank you again for your kind assistance.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lesmahagow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

Absoutely 1st class ! Rooms done every day including fresh towels. Spotless rooms . Breakfast (English) absolutely perfect , cooked fresh and cheaper than the restaurants round about . Staff friendly and helpfull . This was a pleasant surprise to us because we did not expect this sort of standard from what is listed as a 2 or 3 star hotel . I would have no hesitation in using this hotel again .
One night quite late on I asked Fernando the guy behind the bar what time the bar closed he said " I go home at 8 a.m. but I will stay later if you want me to" ! I may add I was tucked up in bed by 12.30 .!
David , Mary and our grandson Ross

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

This was our first visit to el tiburon and we found it to be cheap & cheerful. The staff were very friendly, and the rooms were cleaned every day. It's right in the centre of la carihuela, so it's spot on for location. Being march, the rooms did get a bit cold, but there was a heater
available. The beds were a bit hard but not the worst i've slept in. Good value for money. Nice view of the pool from the veranda.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Co Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

This is one of the most traditional/oldest hotels in this area. The rooms are fine. The location great. It's family run so service is great. They seemed to get many repeat clients and I will be one of them. I am a travel agent so if you want big mainstream package holiday perhaps choose somewhere else - If you like small and friendly - Perfect.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
South West UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

Booked 6 nights for October half-term 2009 - paid a very cheap price for room-only basis. The room was extremely basic and the beds were hard; it was clean-ish and the balcony was good to have. The bed was made each day (same sheets) and a fresh bath towel provided. I would hate to stay there in the very hot summer months as there is no air conditioning - only a ceiling fan. The bathroom had seen better days and could have been cleaner. There was a safe in my room for valuables - I rented it for 3 euros a day.
The majority of the staff spoke a little English and were helpful and friendly. The execption to this was the lady (who I think owned it) - she barely said a word (though understood English) and never raised a smile. However, when I complained about a window that would not lock, it was sorted next day as promised. There was pricey internet access available in the lobby, and the pool was pleasant, though unheated. The bar prices seemed reasonable (I only ordered a couple of beers), and I can't comment on the breakfast/food as I didn't eat there.
To sum up, a few minor changes would improve this hotel a lot, but it was ok as a base from which to explore the Costa Del Sol for a week.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
BARNSLEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

Had a great time, the staff were extremley helpful, location great, bar open 23 hours excellent service, fantastic value for money.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Sheffield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

My wife and I Stayed in the El Tiburon (the shark) again this year. Generally the hotel hasn't changed much, except this year the hotel was room only. Although we don't bother too much about breakfast, not being able to wander downstairs for a cup of coffee and a glass of fruit juice did make a big difference. There are no other facilities in the bedrooms to make a cuppa but you can hire a kettle, toaster or whatever from the reception at a cost. You can also buy a breakfast betweem 09.00 and 12.00 from the bar. I felt the atmosphere at the hotel had changed somewhat and there didn't seem to be a happy hour at the in the afternoon any more which was dissapointing. People didn't seem to hang around the hotel much because of this so it felt empty. You might as well get a studio apartment instead of staying here room only for about the same money and you will get a cooking facilities fridge and a kettle.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to El Tiburon Hotel? Share your experiences!