“My view of the facilities” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #21 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Irvine, United Kingdom
“My view of the facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I am just back after a week in the Hotel with 2 friends. I have stayed there previously. The facility is well positioned across the road from beach. There are plenty pubs and restaurants nearby although we were half board, food is very good, staff very friendly and helpful, I am not usually one who uses Hotel entertainment but The Jersey Boys were brilliant. If the chambermaid could hand in the bottle of DKNY I left there it would be a bonus!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pedro Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear davie57,
Thanks for choosing the Sol Don Hotels for your holiday and thanks for taking time out to let everyone know about the experience. I am delighted that you enjoyed the in-house entertainment so much.
Please contact me by e-mail with your room number and check-out date so that we can trace the aftershave. All items left in rooms are logged by those criteria and stored for a year on the premises.
Thanks again. I hope that you can come back to collect your DKNY!
Jaime Floyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Polish first
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a lovely hotel in the centre of things .two sister hotels one at either side with about 9pools all which can be used by guests., entertainment great, breakfast fantastic ,we didn't do dinner but heard is was lovely ,no sea view in this hotel but ask for pool view on first of second floor most have balcony. Safety deposit box 2€a day with 5€ deposit towels can be rented for use on beach but u can buy on for 5€, lots of restaurant ,s and bar on strip and beach is just across the road, check in is very slow .

Room Tip: Ask for pool view with balcony ,on first or second floor ,no sea view in this hotel but the Marco ne...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear macbethIreland,
Thanks for taking the time to send in your review. All our guests' opinions are important to us to help us to keep improving and your comment about the reception has been noted.
Thanks again. I hope that you will visit us soon.
Newcastle under Lyme, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have just returned from a week's holiday at this hotel, having stayed there twice before. It is part of a lovely complex of 3 hotels with really good amenities, especially the pool areas. The staff are really friendly ( apart from the occasional one or two ) and they work really hard. The food is very good with plenty of choice. Sadly, the last 2 days were spoilt by the arrival of a very large group of Irish holidaymakers who took over this lovely peaceful hotel. As it was such a large group they were obviously very noisy and the pool area became their own party area during the afternoon. I had to leave the hotel both afternoons as I couldn't stand the noise. I do hope this is a one off as I would like to return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: We had a quiet room at the back. Wouldn't reccommend ground floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Debbyworgan,
Thank you so much for choosing the Sol Don Pedro and for taking the time to review it on Trip Advisor. I am really glad that you enjoyed the hotel so much. I am sorry that the relaxed atmosphere was somewhat spoiled on the last couple of days by the music group. It is not typical of the experience at the Sol Dons and I hope that you come back and enjoyed the usual relaxed atmosphere again in the future.
Thanks again.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Back from a week at this well established Torremolinos hotel.
Great location minutes from the beach and lovely grounds which link into two other hotels that make up the complex.
A smashing happy hour staggered over the three main bars and free wifi in the public areas which actually works.
Rooms very clean and comfortable with fridge and flat screen television with English channels.
Staff were polite helpful and friendly and it is possible to book a taxi from reception pay there and give the receipt to the driver.
Food was better than fine, the breakfasts were top quality with loads of choice, dinners maybe a little less so but still good.
Why not a five?
Unfortunately twice in the dining room we discovered cockroaches on the floor and on one other occasion a roach in a public area. To be fair staff dealt promptly with the problem but it did take a bit of the sheen off the break.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over the pool area lovely views
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear martybare,
Thank you for your review.
I am so happy that you enjoyed all the aspects of the hotel so much. I am devastated that it should have been marred by seeing cockroaches. We go to great lengths to ensure that, between rigorous cleaning and an extermination programme, these insects do not appear; I am sorry and I hope that it did not take away too much from your otherwise enjoyable holiday.
Dundee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Lovely hotel with friendly staff . Lovely clean rooms with views over the beach . Restaurant very busy but the staff were amazing . A good variation of food with chefs serving up different meats every day, there was also an Italian corner which my daughter loved . Anyone complaining about the variation of food available at this hotel would never be happy with anything . Lovely pool area with plenty of sun loungers . Great location as this hotel is on the beach front so good for long walks along the beach to work of all the food we ate .

Room Tip: Rooms higher give the best views .
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dollycut,
Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. It is very satisfying to see that you enjoyed it so much and that we hit the right buttons.
I hope that we see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here with my fiancee for 10 nights 19th-29th September.

When i arrived it was midnight and obviously dark we had arranged a transfer so when we discovered we were first off we thought oh god where are we staying as the hotels around didn't look great but when we got to the hotel Sol Don Pedro i was impressed with the grounds walking towards the hotel and when we arrived in reception it was spacious and well decorated considering the hotel isn't brand new it looked in great shape. The member of staff who dealt with us when arriving was helpful even though she was very basic with English.

The room itself was very nice we didn't expect a grand room because we only were using the room to sleep in. The TV was 19 inch approx and it had a few English channels which was nice e.g. sky news, channel 4, BBC one... We weren't there to watch television though.

The room was clean and the cleaners always seemed keen enough to clean the rooms if you left they cleaned the room well and left the belongings as they were.

The bed was ok it was two singles pushed together... They were on wheels i don't know how to describe it but it was a bit annoying sometimes as the bed would sometimes go apart but we put the bedside table either side with the chair against it to stop this from happening so it wasn't a problem.

The shower was nice and powerful...

We had a safe which was 2 euros a day and a 5 euro deposit not to bad really just for added security.

The staff were helpful when we wanted information on where certain places where we wanted to go like the selwo aquarium with dolphins and the crocodile park...

The beach was probably about 40 metres from the hotel which was convenient and there were many places to get water and snacks if you wanted them practically on the edge of the hotel.

The restaurants around the area where great would recommend ciao Bella and el gato.. they were both really good... The hotel food wasn't great lunch and dinner weren't great and the food lacked flavor and sometimes was not hot enough. We enjoyed the breakfast but we didn't think it was worth going beyond bed and breakfast (We were half board) we didnt get a drink with the evening meal and had to pay for it which was a tad annoying. I wouldn't listen to other people saying the food was excellent as it was very basic and tasteless i like good food...

The pool was fantastic and was very clean and you could always manage to get a sunbed easily.

There was quite a bit to do if you were staying a week but not 10 nights...

There are quite a few nice bars

It is easy to get to the train station 10 mins from hotel to go to benalmadena and malaga etc.

I would highly recommend staying in the Sol Don Pedro as the other hotels in the area around the 3 hotels are tacky. We both really enjoyed the experience and our stay but go to any of the sol don hotels (marco pablo and pedro) as they were fantastic...

Thanks very much for a great stay

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor... Sometimes you could hear people arriving with their suitcases not o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear thomasshaw,
Thank you so much for your review. It is very complete and, as with the previous review, very helpful for future guests.
I see that all was not as it should have been in the dinner during your stay for which I apologise. We will make sure that the food is back to its usually much-appreciated quality.
Thank you again. I sincerely hope that you choose Sol Don Hotels again for a future holiday.
somerset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My Husband and I have just returned from a 10 day stay at the Don Pedro. We did not arrive until 12.15 am so no food was available, but we had 3 small glasses of dried fruit and a small bottle of water left for us in the room, which was a nice gesture. We requested a change of room the next day as room number 290 had no balcony and the out look was over the back entrance to the kitchens and back carpark of the adjoining hotel Don Pablo. We were given a room without any problem number 261 which had a balcony and overlooked the pool and you could see the sea in the distance. The rooms had everything you would need, comfortable beds, extra pillows and blankets if required in the cupboard. TV with about 6 english chanels including Sky news, BBC 1. Chanel 4. and movie chanel, so if you wanted to watch TV at any point something was available other than News chanels which I found quite nice some days. The bathroom had a window which makes a change, other than the usual extractor fan, that never really does the job. Their was a very good powerful hair dryer and magnifing mirror. Also curtisy soap and bath and shampoo dispensers, which were always kept full, The air conditioning worked well and could be kept on without a key card being left in the electric slot in the wall, so we found the room extremly comfortable and everything working well.
The entertainment was good most nights, The tribute acts especiallay El Divo where fantastic, we did go out to some local Irish bars some nights to hear other live music acts too. The staff were all helpful and pleasant, there is a Spa by the Don Marco sister hotel where I had a few treatments all good and not overerly expensive. The hotel is situated right by the beach, other bars, resturants and shops are all very close. A walk along to beach front towards the right as you come out of the hotel will take you to the winding path and eventually steps packed with little bars and shops that take you to the San Migual shopping area full of noise and plenty going on a bustling area with lots to see. There is a lift if you cant do the steps or you are just too hot it cost 50 cents. We enjoyed a Irish bar just along from the hotel beach side and you leave to the left called "The Irish Affair" we found it very friendly with very good live entertainment every night starting at 10pm going on until midnight or later. we often stayed for the hotel entertainment which ended no later than 11pm then walked on to the irish bar (where the drinks are much cheaper too then the hotel) for the rest of the evening. The hotel food is the only problem we found, the breakfasts were very good with good hot coffeee making machines and everything that you would want for breakfast lots of choices. Our problem was with the evening choices, they were not very good in our opinion, and we are not fussy eaters and can uaually find something to satisfiy us. But i have to say there were some nights that I really could not find anything I liked or was nice tasting, they had very little in the way of fresh vegtables each night and the potatoes were a hit or miss too. the main choice of meats or fish looked mostly OK but tasted awful, this I found a great shame as everything else about the hotel was great.

Room Tip: Request a room with balcony and pool view as these where good.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SomersetRosemary,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Don Pedro and appreciate your in-depth review of the hotel and the local area. I am sure that it will be very useful for future travelers.
I am sorry that the dinners did not meet your expectations. In general we have good comments about the buffet and especially the options of meat and fish done to order on the grill. It seems that all was not good during your stay and we will try and correct it for future guests.
Thank you for your comments. I hope that you will come again and that you will see that we have listened.
Jaime Floyer

Been to Sol Don Pedro Hotel? Share your experiences!