“good and pleasure” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Warsaw, Poland
“good and pleasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I spent two weeks with my familly in Sol Don Perdo Hotel in July 2013. The hotel is very good located with good facilities, pleasure service and good food. Only one remark I have its a variety of dishes served during the dinner.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pedro Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear 73 Marco,
Thank you for taking time to write your review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and I take note of your comment about the dinner.
Jaime Floyer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Just back and I had a really good time hotel staff friendly and helpful nice quiet hotel. Get the use of 9 different pools from the 3 sol don hotels and jacuzzi. The only problem we had was air conditioning not good they said they fixed it but did not notice any difference also our two rooms were above the back of hotel where there's deliverys, and bins not a nice smell the rooms were no: 482 and 484 but other than that had a great time. The house keeper ladies were lovely really friendly done a brilliant job.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear loulouchr,
Thank you for your review. I see that you didn't have the best rooms in the house and I hope that we can remedy that in the future.
We are looking at your comments about the aircon. It is very useful to have the room numbers from you.
I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel so much.
belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the don sol pablo the first 2weeks of July on arriving I was pleased after reading bad reviews. Reception were pleasant and helpful when booking in and after my request for a low floor due to my 6 year old son which they were happy to do.room was good nice modern bathroom with walk in shower,room was cleaned everyday and fresh towels also housekeepers were very pleasant and always had a smile and a hello we were on the 2nd floor.food was good we went half board and enjoyed breakfast and dinner.hotel is very handy to the beach and my little boy loved the pool at the hotel were he met a lot of other children.never had a problem getting a subbed although if I wanted one at the kids pool you did have to be down early.we done a lot of sightseeing,Marbella,nerja,frigiliana among other places and it was always lovely knowing you had a nice hotel to come back to.hotel have a beautiful new front entrance, and when you use this entrance it is real handy for getting up into torremolinos centre.entertainment team are AMAZING and work very very hard to put on the best shows in the evenings best entertainment I have seen yet and I do love my holidays and my luxury s .Fab with the kids as the same people take the kids club although my son only went twice as I couldn't get him out of the pool lol.
If you have booked this hotel and are worrying due to bad reviews please don't you have nothing to worry about it is fantastic........ENjoy

• Stayed July 2013
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pedro Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear clarebubbles,
Thanks for taking the time to review the Don Pablo. It is great to see that you had a wonderful holiday and really made the most of your time here not only in the hotel but getting around the coast and enjoying the variety of experiences on offer here.
I really hope that you will visit us again soon.
Jaime Floyer
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from Don Pedro and up till 2 days before we were due to leave we would of given this hotel 5 if not 6 stars.
The good points first, food very good and a large variety including roasts that were carved as you wanted them, paella, salads, fish almost any food you can think of. Rooms we were in room 359 and cannot fault it immaculately clean, towels changed every day. The hotel grounds again kept lovely and clean. We have no children our selves but often go away with friends who have and the entertainment team here were brilliant, from activities at the pool each day ( which had us in stitches to watch ) to all the night time shows, we don't usually bother to stay and watch hotel shows but this time we made sure we were back to watch it. So based on all that we would highly recommend going there.

However we were having lunch one day and ordered drinks, a beer for my husband and a bottle of water for me =€4.60 we gave the waiter €20 he said he had no change and went to get some, about 5 mins later he came back and gave us change for €10, when we queried him on this he flung his arms in the air and said we were wrong and walked of claiming it was a couple at another table near us who gave him the 20, so he said we were wrong and that's the end as far as he was concerned but we were not happy and went to the restaurant manager who said he wasn't going to argue over €10 and told the waiter to give us it which he flung on the table, I thanked him and he muttered something in Spanish and stormed off. Then another manager asked for our room number and said they would check CCTV later, hence we never heard another thing about it. We did notice the waiter was very friendly with the couple who he said gave him the 20????. So to sum up they obviously have no means of checking if there tills are right WHY! We were made to feel like we were trying to screw them, for us it wasn't a matter of been short changed by €10 because anyone can make a mistake, it was the fact that they were not willing to try and sort in out until we pushed it. So that spoilt our holiday a bit and don't really know if we would go back which is a shame cos other than that we loved it SHAME

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pedro Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear etherington_m,
I am most upset to see how you were treated in the dining room and ask that you please accept our most sincere apologies. It is always possible to make a mistake but it is most important to recognise it and make ammends immediately. I am particularly sorry that this unnecessary incident put a bitter taste on what sounds like had been a wonderful holiday.
I really hope that this will not stop you from coming again in the future.
Thanks for writing your review and letting us know about your experience, both good and bad.
Jaime Floyer.
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Firstly start on the plus points good location good food and clean. We stayed on 19th of june for a week. When we arrived we were given a ground floor room number 37 small but worst point it was dark and and no view at all only looked out onto a brick wall. On return to reception i asked for a different room with a balcony. The young man on receptin was quite abrupt saying the hotel was full and next room was only one left. We were allocated room 456 in a corner no sun at all on the balcony worst of all two single beds and because of a pillar in the middle of the room we could'nt move them. i have never stayed in a room with a solid pillar in between the beds in the middle of a very small room in the dark you had to be very wary of not banging into it. The room ruined our holiday at the hotel which does have its plus points but if you like to relax after a day on the beach with a glass of wine with your wife on your balcony this is'nt the room for you!Sound proofing was poor too pay the extra and go to the don pablo.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pedro Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear joc49,
I am really sorry that you were disappointed with your room at the Don Pedro and that this detracted so much from your holiday. As you are aware, this is not a typical room and I am upset that the front desk staff were not able to move you to a better room, even if it were the following day. I will follow up on this.
I am pleased to see that in other respects the hotel was to your liking and am sorry that we let you down in this one respect.
I hope that in future, be it in the Don Pedro, Don Pablo or Don Marco, we will fulfil your expectations completely.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed in the Don Pablo two years ago and I have to say it was the best holiday I have ever had. This is not just one hotel it is a complex of three hotels and a Spa with the most fantastic ground, pools and places just to sit or lie in the sun. I did not have one complaint about anything which was the reason for our return this year. However we were unable to get into the Don Pablo so we booked the Don Pedro and what a difference. First of all we were put into a room on the ground floor but it was more like a basement. You could not go out on the so called balcony or open your curtains as you were just faced with trees and a concrete wall about six feet high. After complaining we were eventually moved from this room two days later, the room we were given was fantastic, loads of room and a great view as well. We also found a big difference in the food, there was not a lot of choice at night unless you liked fish. The food was cold a lot of the time the soup was like coloured water. The entertainment at night was very good a lot of the time except the main acts were not on long enough. The children's show could be a little earlier and the main show could begin about 9 pm and go on to about 11.30 pm. Also there could be a bit more variety maybe a live band or Karaoke. I know this review may sound harsh and of-putting but this is not what I want to do I just want the Don Pedro to see this review and bring themselves up to the standard of the Don Pablo I would still recommend this complex to friends and family because of the many pools, the day time entertainment, the kids club and the fantastic grounds and sun terraces.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pedro Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear linkel,
It is always good to hear back from regular guests. I appreciate you writing in and, as you know, we always pay attention to all comments, both good and bad. I believe that you have posted this same review in the Don Pablo page.
Firstly, I am sorry about your first room. There are eight rooms in the Don Pedro in this wing which we only occupy when we are completely full. The rooms themselves are every bit as good as all the standard rooms in the hotel but the view is nothing like the beautiful views available in other rooms in the hotel. I am glad that you were relocated and I am sorry that you were so dissappointed.
I would like to make clear that the Don Pedro room rates are quite a lot lower than those of the Don Pablo and as such the Don Pedro is not intended to be of the same standard as the Don Pablo. I do take on board your comments regarding cold food, however, and will act to rectify it. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention.
The entertainment in the Don Hotels is performed jointly with live music for dancing or relaxing in the Don Pedro and the big shows on the Don Pablo terrace (in summer). Unfortunately it is very difficult to time the shows to everyone's liking as we have so many nationalities in the hotels and each has a different timetable. In summer we have a lot of Spanish guests who are only going in to eat at 9 p.m. and do not want to miss the show. Ideally we could go on later but then there are those guests who want quiet later in the evening. The current timing is the best compromise that we have found so far.
Again, thank you for reporting on your stay. Your comments will be used to help us improve. Please come back soon.
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

It was great to return to SOL DON PEDRO my husband and my 13yr old went there last year and thoroughly enjoyed our stay and this year was the same, we booked a double room without the seaview as it was a lot cheaper and we had a lovely room on the 2nd floor with a front view that had an attractive water fountain and a small well attended garden , we had a pool view last time but I have to say that it was just as good and was very quiet (room 235) the rooms are cleaned everday and are spotless with towel change also. the staff are so friendly especially the reception staff who have excellent English and made booking our trip to Gibraltar very easy.the lady who cleaned our room greeted us with a big smile and ola every time we saw her, the food was plentiful especially breakfast which we all enjoyed, home baked croissants were delicious, the evening food was good and there was something for everybodys taste, you definetly wont go hungry, there are plenty of tables in the enormous dining area and when it gets busy the staff are on hand to get you a table very fast. there are lots of pools to choose from , we chose the one at the back of the hotel with the Jacuzzi and just below that a big pool to enjoy your swim , there are plenty of trees for shade and ample sunloungers with umbrellas.this hotel is situated accross from the beach and within walking distance of all the shops, san Miguel square is only a short walk away with lots of fantastic shopping and if you are a coffee lover theres GOYESCO coffee shop is a real treat with homemade cakes and a friendly family service. I would recommend this hotel to couples and families and will definetly go back again without hesitation. I hope you found this helpful.

Room Tip: The room we had was 235 on 2nd floor, nice quiet room and a good nights sleep every night, a sunny b...