“Another great stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed at the Don Pedro many times and it never fails to please.
All aspects of the hotel, staff, and facilities are excellent. It is close to the beach and just a short journey from the airport. There is miles of great walking on traffic free paths and promenades. Plenty of places for snacks and drinks nearby. There is a good town centre and markets at Torremolinos and nearby Benalmadena. We think that there is something here for everyone.
As always we look forward to our next trip.-

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

516 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
Timisoara, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We spend our honey moon at Torremolinos (9 nights at Sol Don Pedro).
We chose a room with balcony having seaside view.
The room was clean. The food was diversified, very good.
The only issue was the fact that the personnel didn't speech English and their attitude was not very polite.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from 4 nights stay. We had booked the don pedro as a cheap deal, but I believe our room was in the don Marco as the 3 hotels are connected to each other. Room was 4 star (1045) bathroom was superb, huge power shower, temperature could go up and down a bit though. Television provided us with BBC1 and channel 4. Small balcony, only view was the don Pablo opposite. The flush on the toilet was quite loud and lasted several minutes, seems next doors was the same as could hear theirs too.
Not much variety with food. Would say no choice for children apart from pizza however we did stay during term time. Dinning room was always busy, seems under staffed, on our first night we'd almost finished our meal before being offered a drink and had to ask for cutlery.
Not impressed with reception. For some reason it took them about 15/20mins to check us in. Was told there would be instructions on how to use the safe in the room, there was but this was in 4 different languages, none of them English which is surprising for the Costa del sol. Went back to reception to advise them and ask for help, the receptionist said she'd already told me how to do it, which she had not!
Trying to get room service was a joke. Each room is provided with a brochure on the hotels features, the part where it provided details on how to order this was ripped out. Called reception, they put me onto another line, a man answered after about 5 mins and told me I'd need to call another number, I tried but this didn't work, called reception again and he just transfered me again with no explanation. Don't think his English was upto much! After ringing out thought I would go to reception directly, he took that long to serve the woman in front of me I got fed up waiting and left.
I would return to this hotel but I think reception are needing to brush up on their customer service skills. I cannot commend the dining room staff highly enough. Serving and clearing up the a smile on their faces and all very pleasant despite being rushed off their feet.

• Stayed June 2013
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pedro Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Lorna 2701,
Thank you so much for taking time to write up your review on Trip Advisor. We take all comments very seriously as it is you, the guest, who can fully appreciate the experience of the hotel. I am concerned by your comments regarding the reception and I will certainly be taking action to improve this situation. I appreciate you bringing to our attention.
I do hope thatwe will see you again in the future and that you will find the experience in reception altogether more acceptable.
Kind regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Sol don Pedro & really enjoyed it. The hotel has great swimming pool facilities,bars & night time entertainment as well as really friendly staff. We only got breakfast with our room booking and it provides something for everyone. I think if your looking for the same food as at home you may be disappointed as nothing ever tastes the same when you away so I found certain things I liked and others that I didn't. The receptionists were really helpful and friendly & ordered taxis for us which arrived in minutes. Our room was booked to have a pool view and we had a lovely sized balcony which looked out directly at this. If your looking for a hotel that provides good services but doesn't cost the earth, I would highly recommend this one. I'm planning on returning next year again and will be booking in to the Sol don Pedro again.

Dear GrehanL,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Don pedro so much, and that the service made the stay more enjoyable. I am glad to see that the reception was helpful and efficient as there has been a negative comment recently. That does not mean taht we won't be trying to keep imptroving though as I want everyone to have the same positive experience that they deserve.
We really look forward to welcoming you again next year.
Kind regards,
sunderland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

first holiday in costa del sol , i decided to stay in the DonPedro because of the good reviews,and i was not disappointed The hotel is in beautiful grounds just off the beach,the staff were very pleasant and the food was very good.You have a few pools to chose from as you can use the facilities of the Pablo and Marco but we chose to use the one outside of the Pedro resturant as it was in lovely gardens and very peaceful .Will definately be staying at DonPedro again next time i visit Torremolinos,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Really welcoming hotel stayed here and marco both as great food fab pool brill all round great holiday :) thanks rooms great clean and tidy close to shops and bars on sea front and close to town I'd catch bus up into town or lift as stairs take long to walk all the way up. Cumin down isn't as bad

• Stayed October 2012
merseyside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We've just come back from a 6 night break in don pedro,we've stayed in a few hotels in torrmolines first time here but not the last,we were given a family room double bed in one room bunks in other room,2 bathrooms,2 TVs, spotlessly clean,lovely old Spanish feel about it,food was very varied,3 meats 3 fish every night,and always piping hot,3 hotels in one lovely complex right in the heart of it all,lovely beach across the road and a lovely walk to the shops and bars up the top,can't wait to stay again !!!.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Sol Don Pedro Hotel? Share your experiences!