“my email wasn't answered...” 3 of 5 stars

Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle las Mercedes s/n, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain   |
Ranked #37 of 73 Hotels in Torremolinos
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“my email wasn't answered...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My visit was for a reunion with a couple of German pals, I emailed them asking for the three us to be on the same (upper) floor with a sea view and nearby each other, we were put all over the place. My room balcony was actually completely sunless, backside of the hotel.
The restaurant was very average as was the hotel. No ice machine and bar reluctant to provide ice, we purchased ours from Lidles.
The soap provided on arrival was unbelievably small and quite laughable (something like 20*40*3mm) in all my journeys I have never seen such a small bar!, what is this, a 2 star hotel?. I had to stick the two bars supplied together in order to use them and I had to go out and buy a proper bar the next day. The originals weren't replaced until 6 days later!!!
Generally the hotel is OK and would return but with a bar of soap. Very close to the town centre.

Room Tip: Difficult to say as what I asked for I didnt get. One of my friends rooms overlooking the pool was n...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Preston, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This Hotel is NOT a five star I would be hard put to to award it 2/3 stars. We always go in 4/5 star accomodation and have had great holidays (just arriving back from the Caribbean in July staying in a 5 star) we decided that we would like to spend Christmas and the New Year being waited on instead of slaving over a hot stove preparing Christmas lunch! now I wish I had stayed at home!! the food was disgusting, bland and UNDER-COOKED we had fish foe a meal that had just been seered on the outter sides but when cut opened it was RAW. Sad to say we missed the New Years festivities owing to the fact that my wife fell ill on New Years eve day with sickness and Diarrhoea, we were unable to find a chemist as the receptionist was so unhelpful eventually we did find a reception who was willing to help and were told that there was a 24 chemist open in the town, eventually we found the chemist to purchase some Imodium, so the holiday was absolutely ruined..

Complaints:
Queues at every meal waiting 30 mins to enter the dinning room.
Queues at the bars
Bedding was not changed for the whole 10 days we were there just topped and tailed. although made daily.
Towels both hand and bath had seen better days and were grey not white.
No tea-making facilities in the rooms, but you could bring drinks up from the bars to the room??
No iron/ironing board, but for 20 Euros for 7 days they could be hired.
No Wifi but could be hired at reception.
one English TV channel which was very repetative throughout the day.
Branded drinks were not served to all-inclusive guests, but again could be served if payed for.
Bars closed at 11pm but drinks still served if paid for.

I expect all the above to be basic when paying for a 5 star all-inclusive holiday and especially after paying £1,971 . 02 for the privilidge. The hotel is like a Travel lodge in the UK but without the basic AMENITIES..

Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Four of us stayed in this hotel over new year.(Two couples)
We were all inclusive, big mistake, the staff were unpleasant,
food cold, drinks (Own brand). This is the first time we have
ever had to queue to get in a restaurant and often at the bar.
The rooms are dated and would not rate 4 star, they are kept
tidy but did leave us short of towels one day. The entertainment
was minimal and only catered for local people. The one good
point was the central location and Torremolinos was a nice
place with good bars and restaurants.

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from 3 days at this hotel, we found most of the staff unpleasant!! The hotel itself was fine and the location was very good we were all inclusive and food and drink was okay, this has been our third visit to Costa del Sol this year and we found this hotel to be the worst, best by far was Polynesian Resort in Belnamedena and we also stayed in Riu Costa Lago which was nice.

Room Tip: We had room 210 which overlooked the sea which was very nice espicially in the morning.
Swansea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Would not rate this as a 4 star although very clean but would not eat there again as the food just tasted all the same and a this seems to be a busy hotel it's a bit like a free for all when trying to get a seat in the restaurant.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was our 4th visit to this lovely hotel.As always we enjoy the food, the comfortable surroundings, and the ideal location. I have no idea how anyone can find fault with this lovely hotel.
Yes it is true that entertainment is minimal, but it doesn't advertise that it provides ongoing entertainment,
We always book a room on the 1st floor so avoiding lifts and too many stairs, but do enjoy the lovely sea views and wide balconies
The heated roof top pool continues to be a delight in December
We used the local train to travel to the airport and back, a trip to Fuengirola and more .
I can;t fault this hotel on anything and we will be back.

Room Tip: Pick a low floor to avoid waiting for lifts
larne, n ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Just arrived home on 28th dec, hotel food was awful, repetive and deserts were bad cake cake and more cake, xmas day dinner a let down, it definitely shouldn't have 4 star rating, the hotel was central enough and cleaned every day corridors and balcony a bit grubby, reception areas clean, if your on all inclusive you have to get your drinks from a different bar and carry them over to main bar. wi-fi cost 25 euros per week or 5 euros per day, there were also queues at mealtimes, while I did enjoy my holiday I would not recommend this hotel, I noticed on the wall near dining room that they have a sign up from a trip advisor recommendation giving them 4 out of 5 stars in 2011, they certainly wouldn't get my vote.

Room Tip: Don't book it
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea? Share your experiences!