2nd time at the Cervantes and wont be the last. The hotel is spotlessly clean although possibly getting a wee bit dated. The food is very good - there were plenty of choices available and even the fussy eaters in our party had no bother finding tasty meals. The snacks available outwith meal times were not great though.
Staff were all friendly and helpful. You are only allowed 2 drinks at a time from the bar which is a bit tricky and we had to queue a few times but its not the end of the earth as we were not there with the intention to get as plastered as possible. All Inc bar closes at 11pm so although it could get quite loud till just after then it soon quietened down. If you are wanting a wild drunken holiday this is not the hotel for you.
Its in a great location. Out the back door takes you straight into the main square with lots of bars and restaurants (we recommend Baileys Irish Bar - hello Jerry!!) and out the front door is a 2 minute walk to the lift which takes you down to the beach (50c a journey).
We were a group of 7 women who have a girlie holiday every year and it suited us just fine. We were looking for a cheap break in the sun and the Cervantes exceeds expectations. I dont think I would class it as a 4* hotel mainly because the snacks are pretty poor and there is no entertainment but it was certainly super clean and value for money.
Pool area is also clean although as some have said, the beds are on grass which is a bit tatty. The upstairs pool is lovely although very shallow (waist deep). The plastic chairs are needing replaced!
The last sunday weekend in september is a local fiesta and Torremolinos is very busy but a lot of the shops are closed - not a major problem but just something to be aware of.
Torremolinos itself is spotless and they work hard to keep it that way. The streets are washed every night and there is no litter about. The beach is also immaculate.
We will definitely be going back :)
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Hotel Blue Sea Cervantes Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the commercial leisure centre in Torremolinos, with views of the sea and only 800 m. from the beach. It is 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. The Hotel has recently been renovated. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. It has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and which are adapted to the business client, individuals or families. Gardens, pool area for adults and children, Solarium, Gym, indoor pool heated in winter. Miniclub, Laundry service, Room service, Garage. Restaurant - A la Carte, Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar, Barbecue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Gran Hotel Blue Sea Cervantes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.