I stayed at the hotel with my boyfriend from 25th July - 1st August 2013. The hotel looks lovely from the outside and the reception area and lobby is immaculate and modern. The reception staff was friendly and quickly checked us in. The room was a little bit dated but again was immaculate. The bed was hard and the one pillow was flat but after asking reception for a spare pillow we soon received this within the hour left in our room. I did not have a problem with sleeping all week and the air con is amazing as it was extremely hot all week and kept our room very cool. The lifts are the only downside they are very slow and with only 4 lifts not enough for the 9+ floors. Being on the 5th Floor and 109 stairs to climb up you needed a lift mind you this burnt our dinner off keep walking up and down the stairs. We were facing the square and shops which was no problem there was no noise during the evening. We did not have a problem with sun beds managed to get one every day after 9am there were no queues but don’t expect to get a sun bed if you decide to go to the pool midday it’s pretty obvious there would be none left. Fab idea of getting a lifegaurd to monitor each sunbed to make sure it was being used! The food there was plenty of choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner I am a fussy eater but always found something and yes it does sometimes get repeated but this is the same as every hotel I have ever stayed at abroad. The hotel is immaculate cleaners do a fab job, staff at pool bar and inside bar always polite and friendly. Not a problem with the plastic cups surely this is safer then glass ones which you could quite easly cut yourself if they were left around the pool. The resort itself is lovely lots of little shops and the walk down to the beach at night is highly recommended the resort is so lively in the evenings. I would recommend a trip to Malaga lovely place. The trains are excellent and very cheap used these to and from airport and to get to Malaga. After reading some of the reviews before i went i wasn't expecting that much but had a fab time highly recommend this hotel. The only reason I give it a 4 is the lifts and lack of entertainment in the evening although this was not a big deal for me but could be a issue if you wanted to stay in the hotel in the evening. I have decided that people on here just like a good moan about pointless things (numbers on coat hangers for instant) so you need to decide for your self so hopefully this review will change people's perceptions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub, Laundry service, Room service, Garage. Restaurant - A la Carte, Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar, Barbecue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Blue Sea Gran Hotel Cervantes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Blue Sea Gran Hotel Cervantes Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain