It took us 15 minutes from getting on the train at the airport to get to reception. When you exit Torremolinos station you are facing the wrong direction (towards a bandstand) turn round so that you are facing the fountain in middle of pedestrian area with Burger King on left then straight in front of you is the hotel, (you cross the main pedestrian street as you go) walk straight ahead to the road with traffic on, turn right and reception is downhill on right. The road from the railway station has a large statue of a bull on it if you look right just before that there is a side entrance to the hotel that comes out next to the bar but only accessible with a room key card from inside or out. Bottled water is not supplied and is charged for everywhere in hotel and of course is expensive, we paid between 75 cents and 1 Euro for a litre and a half bottle in shops locally. The beds are hard, really hard. Shampoo and shower gel are provided. Wi-Fi costs 5 Euro's for 45 minutes, (but you can use that anytime turning it on and off) 9 Euro's for 24 hours continuous use or 36 Euros for 7 days. Safe in the room costs 3 Euros per day. It is a hotel that caters for many Spanish people so a lot of the food is in their style but there was always plenty of choice.
To get to the indoor swimming pool take the lift to 8th floor, turn left through emergency door signed "Salida de emergencia" go up 2 flights of steps to 9th floor and there is a large outside area with seats and sun loungers with views of Torremolinos town/beach and back to Malaga and the mountains. The indoor pool has seats, tables and sun loungers also.
To get to the beach from the hotel go out of hotel towards train station when you come to main pedestrian street turn left and follow it down. There are many steps and we still prefer the lift. To get to the lift turn right on the road outside reception, cross the road at junction and go right and in about 50 meters there is a sign "Ascencor to beach" directing you left, it's then straight ahead. (50cents each).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub, Laundry service, Room service, Garage. Restaurant - A la Carte, Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar, Barbecue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain