The hotel is impressive on arrival. We arrived at 11.00am, the room was not ready, and we were asked to return at 1.30. The hotel allowed us to leave our luggage in a secure room which was helpful. After returning at 1.30 we were given a room on the 5th floor which had views of the pool, sea and streets below. The room decor is very dated and tired; the beds were uncomfortable and could also do with updating. Despite what others say we did not find our room as clean as it could have been - the floor was very dusty.
We found all the staff very plesant and helpful.
My son & I went swimming in the large outside pool - cold but refreshing. The rooftop pool is shallow and very warm. The views from the rooftop terrace are fantastic.
Given the number of guests the hotel caters for the food was very good, with a good variety to suit most tastes. The grilled meats and fish were excellent.
No need for private transfers from Malaga airport - take the train it's very very straight forward, on exiting Torremolinos train station look up to your right on you will see the hotel sign "Hotel Cervantes".
We were staying half board which we were very glad of as we were able to try the many different restaurants, on the most notable was the Valero on the prom nearly opposite the lift (for those who don't want to walk).
There is a lovely cake shop very near the hotel, lovely cakes to eat in with coffee or to take away nicely wrapped.
If it's a wet day take the train to Malaga, walk to the main shopping street and the narrow cobbled streets off it, you'll find many restaurants & cafes.
If you want to go to Benalmadena the just walk along the prom, about 45 mins, along the way you pass many interesting places to eat and various shops. There is a public wc in the centre of the 2nd car park in the centre of the marina.
We had a great week even though it rained a lot some days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub, Laundry service, Room service, Garage. Restaurant - A la Carte, Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar, Barbecue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain