A very easy hotel to find,just up the steps from the train platform in Torremolinos,look back and there it is,absolutely perfect,five minute stroll to the hotel.
Position is absolutely perfect too,no hills or inclines in the town area and a 50cent ride in the lift if you wanted to go down to the beach area.
Inexpensive stay as it was all inclusive,hotel not too full either during midweek and this close to christmas,just as we like it,no queue for this or that, most of the shops open too and lots of them,right on the doorstep.
Room fine, beds ok ,bathroom a little on the small side,paid extra for sea view and got that too,food up to usual standards plenty of choice and variation,weather was very kind to us,into the 70's each day with a little shower on the friday for an hour that's all, so why am i a little disappointed? Room was warm enough to sleep with the balcony door open as we arn't all that keen on airconditioning as it dries the air up too much,went to bed at about midnight on the first night only to be woken by a bottle recycling lorry reversing down the little access road at the side of the hotel lifting skips and emptying them on to the lorry....what a noise.The next night,bed at about 11.30,refuse lorry reversing down the little access road and emptying large bins,again what a racket,then later there were helicopters flying around not your little helicopters,these were like the American troop helicopers,those really big ones,and this just before we got up,third night we shut the balcony door but was still awoken by activity in the access road.It would seem that if we had had a room with no sea view,ie looking the pedestrian area it would have been quieter,although in the busier months i'm not too sure this would be the case with the bars being fairly close to the hotel.
am i being too critical? what do i want for my money? am i being unrealistic? would i stay there again? would i recommend a stay there? ...i'm still unsure,sorry
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub, Laundry service, Room service, Garage. Restaurant - A la Carte, Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar, Barbecue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Blue Sea Gran Hotel Cervantes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Blue Sea Gran Hotel Cervantes Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain